SMT6 - piggyback

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
i've been to perfect tuner website and got interested in knowing details about this SMT6.

anyone here ever been using or test this product before ? verdict ? price ? advantages and disadvantages ? where to get ?

and also, i've been told that this piggyback has limitation becos of the feature of being a piggyback and still relying on stock ECU..what kind of limitations ?

just asking..more info more knowledge right ?

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
its very good for its price, has a lot of features.

but i dont know la how it really is, i'm not using one.
call 019-6625 384 (Thomas) for more info.

SDF

missing her so much
Nov 19, 2003
KL, Malaysia
flamie fox.. ;)

look up GT Auto in Sunway...authorised dealer for SMT..
i use to have SMT-5 in my galant..before i upgraded for Haltech.. :P

SMT = value for money and the best thing is...the tuner is nearby and proven reliable.. :D

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
If im gettin a haltech for my car..is it come together the whole thing all the sensor..??Not like buying a Emanage..cheap for the emanage but have to load this and that end up to be the same price of a haltech..

carcraze

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Smt6

Yea, I would like to know what MonsterV6 wants to know as well. What kind of features or equipment comes with the SMT-6.

monsterv6

2,000 RPM
May 3, 2005
S.J
actually i dont really know what smt6 have...im kinda newbie n this management system..

polyxtroy

Known Member
Feb 18, 2004
smt6 basically is a fuel management piggy. alters ur airflow sensors signal to "cheat" the original ecu into injecting fuel as per ur liking. Not unlike a safc. ne other features not too sire but basically thats wat it is. To answer monsterv6's question, a haltech e6x can do just fine with stock sensors of your car provided it has all the nescessary ones. (ie map sensors, throttle sensors, air temp sensors & etc) For further info, u can ctc GT Auto.

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Ignition & Injection as well ..

SMT6 has ignition and injection map as well.. sorta like your Apexi SAFC and ITC rolled into 1. Has other features as well. Finer resolution than the Apexi. The tuner has option to do 2 modes, meaning you can switch between maps i.e. normal map or lay-sing one. Runs on MAF or MAP... so your siemens karipap ECU can also be done.. more info contact GT.

Oh, think that the Obit Piggy is similar as well ....

Last edited:

1.3GTi

Known Member
May 12, 2005
Shah Alam
What's the retail price for this SMT6 + installation + tuning ?

Its should works well with the Siemens ECU rite ?

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
For pricing call GT Auto la ... Toby 0122125840.

Yes, seen it installed and tuned on a siemens ecued proton.

KenFox

May 24, 2005
subang
where's GT auto?? n the price for this smt6?

where's GT auto?? n the price for this smt6?

softmuffin

Known Member
Dec 21, 2004
Just called GT auto

SMT6 + install + tune = Rm2K

for a satria

BLaCkHoWLiNG

'(^^)|Most Awesome Member
Nov 14, 2003
PJ
www.autojunctions.com
all d sensors and etc are included... jes send yer car in... they'll get it done.. and u get it back... no need to hunt for additional parts.. or etc..

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Nothing good comes cheap!

You actually got quoted cheaper than what I paid. Before using SMT6, I used the blue screen Apexi SAFC. Was not happy with the results. In actual fact, I didn't really see or feel any difference at all with the SAFC.

After upgrading to the SMT6, the car is noticeably smoother and the tuning options are more detailed and many.

Frankly speaking, I'm actually looking at upgrading to a fully programmable ECU now. Just don't have the $$$ for it at the moment. But this is because I want to do further mods to my engine which the SMT6 can't handle.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

nowadays fuel price maybe will increase, just want to ask anyone here there r many sports cars in malaysia, anyone can recommend which of the brand and model cars thats is good fuel consumption ? because i m looking for a sports car that good fuel consumption. thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience