Part 1: D1 Grand Prix Malaysia Round 4 - Batu Kawan Penang Malaysia

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
PART 1: D1 GP 4
PART 1: D1 GRAND PRIX MALAYSIA ROUND 4 - BATU KAWAN PENANG MALAYSIA

DRIFT RACING: TENGKU DJAN LEY WINS RD 4 AND IS FAVOURITE TO WIN MALAYSIAN DI GP SERIES

PENANG

Images by:
Wong SW
Angeline

Tengku Djan Ley, local ace drifter moved closer to winning the first D1 Grand Prix (D1 GP) Malaysia series when he won Rd 4 at the Batu Kawan Stadium car park on Sunday, Aug 13.

In his powerful and reliable Toyota AE 86, Tengku Djan has now won Rd 2 in Danga Bay, Johore Baru in April and Rd 3 at Shah Alam in July.

Genji Hashimoto, Amprex Motor Sports president and organizer of the five-event series launched in March in Kuala Lumpur said that a top placing at the grand final on Oct 28 at Shah Alam will secure him the right to enter the D1 GP international event in the United States from Dec 16 to 17, together with two other top winners.

Second was Lim Kim Wan in his Nissan Cefiro A31 and third Ser Meng Hoi, also in a Nissan Cefiro A31.

Hashimoto said that after Rd 4, Tengku Djan (76 points) is favourite to go to the US and the 2nd and 3rd positions are likely to be a tussle between Zero Lim Kim Ling (54 points), Lim Zee King (48 points), Jenson Tan (44 points) and Lim Kim Wan (36 points).

“So it looks like the grand final at Shah Alam will be a very exciting one”, he said.

Hashimoto said the response from fans in Penang was good where 24 drivers participated in the two-day event.

The fans and drifters were also thrilled by Japanese “Drift King” Keichi Tsuchiya, chief judge of the series, who also had a role in the movie “Tokyo Drift”.

Idemitsu is onboard as partner-sponsor with Proton R3 as technical sponsor and supported by Alla-Fonte and Ace Canning as co-sponsors of the event.

Images by: Angeline:

Images by: Wong SW

More Images Below Images by: Angeline:

Images by: Wong SW

Last edited:

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
very nice event and great pixs. it was a great day for me as I managed to get DK signing an autograph on my D1 with Imamura Power Intake Box.. yeeeehaaaaaaaa

Last edited:

hattasan

Known Member
Sep 9, 2006
hey...why dont have video clips??can someone upload the video..so that i can download and watch it..!!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I hope all members know what am i talking about because it is the security that we need as a prevention of losing our cars!!!

Okay.. Here are the ways of it

1)steering lock
2)gear box lock
3)brake lock
4)clutch lock
5)Front bonet lock (Prevention of theif opening front bonet + kills alarm)
6)Armed swtich (Manual...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience