Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
D1 GRAND PRIX MALAYSIA PREVIEW
D1 GRAND PRIX MALAYSIA PREVIEW - Bukit Jalil Stadium Kuala Lumpur

Words: R3

The D1GP series made popular by the iconic Japanese comic Initial D has a cult like following in both Japan and America. For 2006, Malaysia will be the first South East Asian country to be awarded the franchise to hold a D1 class event, which has been widely regarded as the Formula 1 of drifting.

The D1 Professional Drift Series Grand Prix Malaysia will be held as part of the upgraded 2006 Street Shoot-Out Challenge Championship Series (SSO) organised by R3. The 2006 Championship will begin in March, with at least five rounds in the pipeline. The Malaysian series champion will then be selected to represent Malaysia and compete among other professionals in the D1GP World Series Finals that will be held in Los Angeles in December.

"We are overwhelmed by the positive response from both spectators and competitors. This is by far the most successful Street Shoot-Out round we've ever organised. Our Japanese guests were also impressed by the level of professionalism and competition shown by the competitors. D1GP has come to Malaysia and it is here to stay," says R3 Marketing Manager Khaidi Kamaruddin on the success of the event.

More Images Below:

[s]UpErNoVa

Known Member
Feb 8, 2006
nice photos tom.. :regular_smile: gathering of nice super cars.. skylines, supras, rx7s, sylvias..

sparco173

Nov 10, 2005
yeepiii!!!!!

Wow....tat 2 great as a malaysian n automotive enthusiast n drift wanabies..
thumb up for R3 4 the hard work 2 bring in the very inaugural D1 series to Malaysia:argh:

brabus

Known Member
Feb 18, 2005
Just wondering anyone have taken the full video of this event? maybe they can sell it to the members here...I went on that day..it's a great event, but unluckily i didn't have the camcoder to bring along...:(

ZeroEgg

Nov 8, 2005
malaysia BOLEH

we're proud that Malaysia can organize this D1GP so successfully. Cool....

Kdash

Apr 28, 2005
Very nice shots! Lotsa fierce looking sportcars. Btw, I don't see Kazama around?

afiqmeister

Known Member
Nov 16, 2005
wah doriking is there..............i hope i can get his autograph

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, as topic states my coilovers need a rebuild. So far only place that rebuilds hypermax 2 that I've been able to find is Garage R in Singapore.

Suggestions?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience