Xado vs liqui moly ceretec

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Hi sifus...I'm x sure whether this has been discussed but anyway...has anyone use either one or both these 2 products?similar in structure (using nano ceramic tech)...most info got via websites tho x much reviews..

So appreciate if cld start d ball rolling on this issue starting from d otais n d sifus...

Teng qiuuuu

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
i never tried them...would like to read user reviews too if available..

but alot of people does not recommend add additive to engine oil.
coz it might end up as sludge and block the oil passage.

i tink xado is more expensive and ceratec need to use every oil change aite?

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Thing is 'claims' both products able after 3-4 changes

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Here's the situation.

Product A and B both claim to make things smoother running in the engine. Product A&B don't shear easily and don't float in the oil since it "sticks to the metal". Product A&B are not immune to the extreme heat generated in the combustion chamber - at the same time they don't get removed from the engine easily.

So.... you do your own conclusion.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Here's the situation.

Product A and B both claim to make things smoother running in the engine. Product A&B don't shear easily and don't float in the oil since it "sticks to the metal". Product A&B are not immune to the extreme heat generated in the combustion chamber - at the same time they don't get removed from the engine easily.

So.... you do your own conclusion.
Imagine product A and B are both lubricants. Product A&B don't shear easily and don't float in bodily fluid since it "sticks to the skin". Product A&B are not immune to the extreme head generated in the friction chamber - at the same time they don't get removed from the skin easily.

So... use your imagination

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Oh ok...meaning products SUCK aka X WORK:biggrin:

Just that I browsed via google..some claim it works...there's even a local thread/testimonial (sync optima if x mistaken)..he claims it worked in his s13...so??

Last edited:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
These 2 have not tried because gave up already. Last time tried Slick 50, actually when the slick was poured in, engine felt smoother and FC better a little, but after oil change back to square one. Yup, the claim was, it will maintain inside for the next 100k km or so, but not so...

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Yeah bro..scared to try either of these products...last time I used tufoil..quite good IMHO..

Actually I x mind if it x last to 100k s claimed (get 80k oso gd enuff)..just wanna know if it works or x s claimed in d forum/thread I mentioned above..

Last edited:

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
the ceratec works, havent tested d xado. easy, pour in good synth oil with any of d stuffs, and use it for 25k km, if u r worried it will sip out of d pan ler kan..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
fazidk : I never said it won't work. It probably will. My only concern is how long it'll work and once it stops working - what happens.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
fazidk : I never said it won't work. It probably will. My only concern is how long it'll work and once it stops working - what happens.
Oh sorry bro miscommunication hehe...my bad

That's what I was thinking s well...d side effects once it stops 'working'..hmmmm:confused:

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

the ceratec works, havent tested d xado. easy, pour in good synth oil with any of d stuffs, and use it for 25k km, if u r worried it will sip out of d pan ler kan..
Ok bro..meaning u tried d ceretec before?how long before u needed to add it again (I mean after how many services)..any side effects u encounter?

Thanx bro

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I use FS oil before for 10k km and it turn dark and dirty. I will never use oil up to 25k km OCI.
Rather just use FS and change according to normal OCI.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

The slick I use seems to work, but once removed (oil change) back to square one, means it does not stick...:banghead:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The slick I use seems to work, but once removed (oil change) back to square one, means it does not stick...:banghead:
Meaning it floats in the oil or mixes with the oil? I would never use anything that mixes and changes the chemical composition of the oil or floats in the oil!

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Oh darn...seems more negative then positive so far...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
vr2 is talking about slick the brand, not the ceramico. Different additives.

Aiya, why are you so interested in these additives anyway?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Meaning it floats in the oil or mixes with the oil? I would never use anything that mixes and changes the chemical composition of the oil or floats in the oil!
Claim is they are suppose to stick to all metal surface, that is why they mention after oil change no need to add anymore and should last up to 100k km. If that is the case then worth to buy because quite expensive but treat once only. But since after oil change come back to square one, means nothing stick on, but probably is in the oil only....:banghead:

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

Probably because of the advertisement and claims.....:biggrin:
Well, I was too in my younger days, then to FS. Nowadays the cheapest oil I can get my hands on also use....FS or SS that is.....:driver:

Well, during my time of testing additives, I did try quite a few brands. Bardahl 1 and 2, Slick 50, X-1R and ER (Energy Release) and some others. ER I even send to my friend to do bearing test to compare with his Jet X turbo or something sold by Hai-o-raya.
The test we did. Manual gauge, motor, bearing, grinder.
Shell mineral cease around 40lbs pressure
Mobil 1 around 60lbs
Jet X turbo which is actual mineral plus the additives, on contact got loud abrasive noise, but as pressure increase sound went off. We force pass 60 lbs, bearing won't cease. He mix water into oil solution also cannot cease. He remove the oil and run grinder with balance of oil sticking to bearing also won't cease. I was so impressed.
Then I present my Q8 FS mix with ER. On contact no sound. I was like Wow! and as we increase pressure the grinder seems to go faster without any abrasive sound. He gave up and say no fight....
To bad the importer stop bringing in this ER already..:banghead: Is American product.....:driver:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003

Just a matter of discussing bro..I have a customer asking me (tho I x understand y since I'm a spray painter n x engine mechanic)....:)

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
I use FS oil before for 10k km and it turn dark and dirty. I will never use oil up to 25k km OCI.
Rather just use FS and change according to normal OCI.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

its normal jer to use fully synth lubes up to dat mileage, in fact u can go even further. just make sure u change the oil filter every 10k km, the colour of the oil doesnt show its lubricity property fyi

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
i am actually planning to buy Xado.then i open this thread.Damn it~:argh:
nvm,im still buying.will give you guys the review
Cool bro just give us a review ek...btw how much did u get it for?N where?

Thnx