Xado vs liqui moly ceretec

its normal jer to use fully synth lubes up to dat mileage, in fact u can go even further. just make sure u change the oil filter every 10k km, the colour of the oil doesnt show its lubricity property fyi

But don't like because it make the engine internal dirty and dark also......:rolleyes:
Nowadays travel less so it is more towards period (time) then mileage anyway.....:biggrin:

Well for me im not a firm believer of additives.. tried revo oil treatment before. No noticable differences for me.
I prefer investing on a good engine oil.. if the oil is good enough, I dont see the need to add additives that might distrupt the oil formula..
Just my 0.2 cents

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

More over we cant monitor / see if it would cause any problems in the engine visually. Only butt feel when driving. Not something which we can rely on as different people have different level of butt feel, as all asses are different.. well oot already hahaha!

Anyways what I meant was we can see even if it brings harm to the engine unless u overhaul it to see

Hmmmmmm interesting...thing is these 2 products claim that it will stick to d parts eg piston etc..it's like coating it wiz ceramic therefore prolonging d parts bla bla...

I used only 1 time ceratec. Not noticeable right after put. But after about 3k km then the pickup feel suddenly appeared, like addition 10-20 horse extra. But due to the RM160 price tag is a bit stiff so never use since that time.

I wanted to try Xado thing but can't even buy from any shop. Their marketing seems to be a big failure.

If expect to have extra power then can forget about it except you use tradition non-ecu control car. The ecu will adjust the fuel trim and ignition to make the car perform as per programmed. If the engine internal really become smoother as per advertised, maybe can save some fuel expenses and probably pickup slightly faster.

Hello guys, just dropping by to say Xado is in Singapore now.
Please do visit and like our page www.facebook.com/xadosingapore
Your support is greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, Xado Revitalizant is different from additives. Meaning, it does not change the characteristic of the oil, just using the oil as the media to restore engine wear. And one time application can protect till 100,000 km mileage.

Do let me know if any of you has used our product. Will love to get some testimony from you guys.

Xado Singapore: You were saying "using the oil as media to restore the engine wear" ? Does it mean Xado will flow through the entire engine with the engine oil, and eventually "sticks" on the engine and restore the engine wear?

Hello guys, just dropping by to say Xado is in Singapore now.
Please do visit and like our page www.facebook.com/xadosingapore
Your support is greatly appreciated.

Just to clarify, Xado Revitalizant is different from additives. Meaning, it does not change the characteristic of the oil, just using the oil as the media to restore engine wear. And one time application can protect till 100,000 km mileage.

Do let me know if any of you has used our product. Will love to get some testimony from you guys.

Maybe you can let our ZTH DIY enthusiast/sifu :biggrin:, bro. Izso have a sample, to do a test on your product. If your product is good, you will get more support for ZTH members.
Maybe even a group buy at special price from you....:driver:

@Yee: :top: you are right bro... As long as there are heat, pressure and two metallic rubbing against each other, that is where Xado Revitalizant will work, repairing the engine wear. So that with smoother surface (for example piston), the machine restores its maximum performance and others benefits.

@vr2turbo: :bawling: bro cannot give free sample. The product will protect till 100,000 km mileage (says maybe 2 - 4 years, depending on the usage). If bro is satisfied and come back in 2 - 4 years time, I got no rice to eat then how. :smokin: Hahaha anyway, it is a good investment bro coz Xado can protect you that long time. :biggrin:

Xado is very similar to Ceretec and other ceramic based additives. It's main ingredient is ceramic and that by itself is a very good friction reducer. However I'm very interested to see how it doesn't mix with engine oil and how it bonds to the metal walls of the cylinder and engine and all.

The website claims it is a 'ceramic metal' compound. This is again interesting - ceramic has been widely used in a lot of applications mainly due to its inert characteristics and according to Mr Google, Zirconium Diboride is a pretty good ceramic based chemical to use since it has ultra high melting temperatures which would be applicable in our engines, but overkill. But since it's not actually an expensive chemical it might be usable.

Anyway, I'm mostly interest to know how it stays in the engine for 100,000km / 2-4 years without getting flushed out by good engine oils. Good engine oils have detergents, dispersants and all sorts of good stuff to clean out harmful acid buildup and whatever gunk that's left behind by the old oil. How does this additive not get flushed out by these oils?

If I were to test this - I wouldn't doubt its performance in the engine, I'd be more interested to see how it reacts with the engine oil used - whether it destroys the properties of the oil or whether the oil manages to remove the additive after one oil change.

Also, since it's added into the engine oil, that means there's a chance it'll get into the combustion chamber and there your sensitive spark plugs might get fouled. Oh let's also not forget the oil sump filter. If the additive doesn't mix with the oil then it's highly likely going to clog the oil sump filter. Yes? No? Don't know. Unless someone is willing to let me do a test?

Last edited:
Xado: Since its going to "sticks" on the engine components e.g. main and rod bearings, would it affect the bearing clearance of a newly built engine?

For example : The newly built Impreza Sti con-rod bearing clearance was set to 0.038mm (ideally would be 0.038mm - 0.045mm). If Xado been applied to the engine, the bearing clearance which was previously set to 0.038mm will be reduced (e.g to 0.030mm).

When the bearing clearance has been slightly reduced (in this case 0.038mm become---> 0.030mm. Difference = 0.008mm), and even though this minor difference is as thin as a piece of paper or tiny as hair, which we can't even see with our naked eyes. However, this minor change will make a lot of difference on durability, especially on race car engine.

Appreciate if you or your product engineer could provide the inputs. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Xado is very similar to Ceretec and other ceramic based additives. It's main ingredient is ceramic and that by itself is a very good friction reducer. However I'm very interested to see how it doesn't mix with engine oil and how it bonds to the metal walls of the cylinder and engine and all.

The website claims it is a 'ceramic metal' compound. This is again interesting - ceramic has been widely used in a lot of applications mainly due to its inert characteristics and according to Mr Google, Zirconium Diboride is a pretty good ceramic based chemical to use since it has ultra high melting temperatures which would be applicable in our engines, but overkill. But since it's not actually an expensive chemical it might be usable.

Anyway, I'm mostly interest to know how it stays in the engine for 100,000km / 2-4 years without getting flushed out by good engine oils. Good engine oils have detergents, dispersants and all sorts of good stuff to clean out harmful acid buildup and whatever gunk that's left behind by the old oil. How does this additive not get flushed out by these oils?

If I were to test this - I wouldn't doubt its performance in the engine, I'd be more interested to see how it reacts with the engine oil used - whether it destroys the properties of the oil or whether the oil manages to remove the additive after one oil change.

Also, since it's added into the engine oil, that means there's a chance it'll get into the combustion chamber and there your sensitive spark plugs might get fouled. Oh let's also not forget the oil sump filter. If the additive doesn't mix with the oil then it's highly likely going to clog the oil sump filter. Yes? No? Don't know. Unless someone is willing to let me do a test?
Exactly, just as my test on Slick 50 years ago. Smoother engine, better FC when slick 50 was added, then on next oil change back to square one. Seems nothing stick on, as claim is almost same as Xado to last another xxk km....:banghead:

Thank you bros for all your comments and really appreciate so many feedback. :smile:

First of all, I am nowhere near technical expert, so maybe bros can also teach me a thing or two along the way.
Well from what I know of, Xado is going through a proses of diffusion (not adhesion) of metal and revitalizant results in a monolithic and solid crystal buildup. The coating will be hard and highly corrosive resistant. It is recommended that the there is no change in oil for the first 1,500 - 2,000 km for "Xado process" to take place. Then, once completed, it will remain after several oil changes (up to ten).
The process of Xado Revitalization is also self-regulating one. It is most active in the places of the extreme wear. As soon as the surface is reconditioned and coating is formed, the process stops as there are no reasons for the further growth. So there is no possibility of damaging the spark plug or clog oil filter or hinder bearing clearance.

Thank you once again bros. :smile:

Thank you bros for all your comments and really appreciate so many feedback. :smile:

First of all, I am nowhere near technical expert, so maybe bros can also teach me a thing or two along the way.
Well from what I know of, Xado is going through a proses of diffusion (not adhesion) of metal and revitalizant results in a monolithic and solid crystal buildup. The coating will be hard and highly corrosive resistant. It is recommended that the there is no change in oil for the first 1,500 - 2,000 km for "Xado process" to take place. Then, once completed, it will remain after several oil changes (up to ten).
The process of Xado Revitalization is also self-regulating one. It is most active in the places of the extreme wear. As soon as the surface is reconditioned and coating is formed, the process stops as there are no reasons for the further growth. So there is no possibility of damaging the spark plug or clog oil filter or hinder bearing clearance.

Thank you once again bros. :smile:

There are a lot of holes in your explanation. Whilst I really appreciate you responding, I don't think that's a good enough explanation. If it's coats, that means to some extent it'll take up some space no? So it should by right affect the clearances? Also how does it self regulate? Why won't the additive all clump in one area and settle there? Whats stopping it from coating an already coated area? Also, that also means the oil sump filter and plug will be coated by it to some extent? Since it's a non conductive compound, it will definitely affect spark plug performance!

If it

Iszo: can you share with me why the plug will be coated as well? dont' quite understand that part as oil doesn't flow through plugs unless engine failure.

Xado Singapore: No worries if you are not an Expert, we are learning everyday. Perhaps you can just find out from your product engineer and share with us, I believe it with the answers u got, it will definitely help you quite a lot in your carrier.

I did some search online after my previous post, and found there are actually few brands in the market have similar products, and as long as it's liquid then it will have thickness due to its molecules structure. However, the thickness stated on different products have different thickness.

Kindly share with me if u have a different opinion :)

Well, in some cases after some seals are worn some people have a certain amount of engine oil in the combustion chamber. Some traces of it come from the worm seals and some from the pistons themselves. I'm just thinking non-ideal situations. So if a car really did have this situation where engine oil was being burnt off, then it would be safe to assume that the additive would seep into the chamber as well no? If yes, it'll either foul the plugs because of how it burns off or if it just somehow gathers and coats the plugs. I've personally experienced fouled plugs because of a valve seal issue which wasn't immediate, it works for about a week until I get stuck in some unusual heavy traffic or idle too long and bam, byebye spark plug.

1st thing 1st, i have only used Xado on my Kancil 660 manual and zero experience with Ceratec. I am not a salesman nor affliated with Xado; just a 1st time user of this product, so don't expect technical write-ups or explanations.

Background : Kancil has 350k kms on the odo and was experiencing oil-in-air-filter symptom; was told by mech need to do top overhaul as piston rings were shot. As short on funding, decided to get stop gap measure; additives that can at least drag things till funds come in. Other symptoms include engine can maintain my normal driving speed when going up Bkt.Lanjan section of NKVE, generally lower/less torque driving around town and accumulation of EO at the engine breather hose of the air filter tray (those with kancil should know).

Application : Got the older formula coz cheaper mah; 3 small tubes version that Xado claims can last 60k kms. Was told by seller that don't use it on new engine oil. Let the engine oil age for 1-2k kms 1st before putting in the additive, 1 tube at 1st. After 200kms have passed, put in the 2nd tube and repeat for the 3rd tube. Was told additive won't affect EO and just drain out when next service is up. Additive was red/maroon in colour

Effect : Nothing much after the 1st tube, maybe concentration wasn't enough. 2nd tube onward can really hear valvetrain noise and general engine noise when under normal cruising really reduce a lot, especially morning cold start-up. 3rd tube was like 1st tube; not much effect felt. As I have changed the air filter during the service 2k kms before Xado application, there was light oil stain on the filter. By the 3rd tube, can see that the oil stain stop growing larger and darker. As the EO caught at the air filter tray seemed getting less.

By the end of the 7k kms OCI, can see that EO accumulated at the filter tray had dried up; should have cleaned them b4 drying up coz it turned into brittle black blocks of carbon:banghead:. Nothing else was done after the Xado was added in; just pump petrol and drive.

After the 3rd tube was added, can actually feel going up Bkt.Lanjan stretch is much better; 660cc engine can maintain speed noticeably better, can maintain 80+km/h on 5th gear. Before application, can get only about 16+km/l for normal and max 18km/l if really push it on FC quest. After application, I can get 18km/l easily on normal daily driving and about 21km/l on smoother runs.

Afterthoughts : To me, paying RM240 for a temp lease of life is OK. It lived up to what it claimed to do, but for that short 20k kms thereabout. Why I said that was because my kancil developed a leak at the crank seal clutch side thereafter. I can't be sure if it is due to the age of the seal (16years old and 350k kms) or the additive. In the end, I sent it for an engine overhaul, which surprised the mech coz he remembered my engine has EO vapour problem and it was absent when I sent it in.

You can decide for yourself if this is worth both your time and money.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom