Wira fitting Satria GTi front bumper and spacers

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Putting the intercooler right in front asking for trouble only with police and/or JPJ....:smokin:

Ha! Ha! my VR exterior all standard also...:driver:

Offset further out, change rims, don't play with spacers...:listen:
Sorry, missed this post earlier. Yeah, having an intercooler at the front can be troublesome with the authorities. Unless have endorsement but I think even with that also, they can still find reasons to disturb you.

What's a spacer? I'm not too knowledgeable with tyre stuffs yet. And are there any advantages and disadvantages of offset setup?

Is not the bumper design problem. Is the owner of that Satria problem. He might have opt for a cheap fiber material. It all depends on what material you choose to create that bodykit.

Fibers also have good quality fiber, if u use low quality, expect low quality as well. Paint won't look good on cheap fibers too.
That guy's Satria is like made out of plastic bottle. His side skirts can fall off when you open the door too fast.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry, missed this post earlier. Yeah, having an intercooler at the front can be troublesome with the authorities. Unless have endorsement but I think even with that also, they can still find reasons to disturb you.

What's a spacer? I'm not too knowledgeable with tyre stuffs yet. And are there any advantages and disadvantages of offset setup?

That guy's Satria is like made out of plastic bottle. His side skirts can fall off when you open the door too fast.
Spacers advantage and Disadvantage need new topic in tyre and wheel, if not Mod come after us...:driver:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But I'm the TS wor. Or I go start new topic at there. :biggrin:

Go fit it on Wira also, LOL.
Scare go out of topic, not because you are TS...:driver:
Okay, we take that as a fitting to the Wira also...hahahaha:rofl:
Offset from +35 should start to make your wheel come out. Of course if you want to come further out then use +30 or smaller number offset, if you can find.
Advantage is it will be more stable, better center of gravity, for looks depends on individual.
However with the tyres popping out from the wheel arch, you are likely to scrub your tyres on the fender. With the wheels further out, there is stress on your wheel bearings too.
Likewise if you use spacers you will have the same problem. But spacers have more cons. If the spacers are without the center cone positioning tyre vibrations will set in. If spacers are too thick, you need to mod the lugs to longer ones. There are also adapter type spacers but again stress on the bearings...

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Scare go out of topic, not because you are TS...:driver:
Okay, we take that as a fitting to the Wira also...hahahaha:rofl:
Offset from +35 should start to make your wheel come out. Of course if you want to come further out then use +30 or smaller number offset, if you can find.
Advantage is it will be more stable, better center of gravity, for looks depends on individual.
However with the tyres popping out from the wheel arch, you are likely to scrub your tyres on the fender. With the wheels further out, there is stress on your wheel bearings too.
Likewise if you use spacers you will have the same problem. But spacers have more cons. If the spacers are without the center cone positioning tyre vibrations will set in. If spacers are too thick, you need to mod the lugs to longer ones. There are also adapter type spacers but again stress on the bearings...
Haha, usually scared out of topic because it might confuse the TS. But since this is asked by TS, should be okay?

Okay, now I start to understand a bit about the pros and cons of offset. But the numerical part I am still not certain yet.

Spacers are something like this?
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...21-js-racing-original-wheel-spacers-fd2r.html

Located at the inside of the wheel?

Kopi

500 RPM
May 18, 2004
Cheras
Visit site
the problem with using aftermarket bodyparts, FIBER or 'PU', 95% chance the kits you buy off the shelf from shops, they just don't get symmetrical with stock bodyparts and leave weird gaps. Not only that, you can't compromise with paintwork as fiber or PU parts have to be fully coated wth cement compound first before applying undercoat, and then paintjob - which won't allow you to do layang paintjob. For 1-2yrs maybe still ok layang job... but sure later the hue of the paint on these fiber/PU parts fades.

I thought aftermarket bodykitting is not the 'black' anymore - sleepers are?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Haha, usually scared out of topic because it might confuse the TS. But since this is asked by TS, should be okay?

Okay, now I start to understand a bit about the pros and cons of offset. But the numerical part I am still not certain yet.

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...21-js-racing-original-wheel-spacers-fd2r.html

It's not about whether or not you're the TS, it's about others reading the topic, then going into your thread only to be blasted with shitloads of irrelevant information.

So I've updated your topic to reflect correct information.

Regarding spacers, it puts a lot of stress on the lugs. All depends on how thick your spacer is and what the design is. If your spacer has its own lugs then those are better but make sure you get good ones. I've broken a few lugs in my time using spacers and deep dish rims. No fun. Oh and forget about lightweight lugnuts. Get the heavy duty steel ones that lock down tight. Aluminum not gonna cut it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
It's not about whether or not you're the TS, it's about others reading the topic, then going into your thread only to be blasted with shitloads of irrelevant information.

Regarding spacers, it puts a lot of stress on the lugs. All depends on how thick your spacer is and what the design is. If your spacer has its own lugs then those are better but make sure you get good ones. I've broken a few lugs in my time using spacers and deep dish rims. No fun. Oh and forget about lightweight lugnuts. Get the heavy duty steel ones that lock down tight. Aluminum not gonna cut it.
Alright. Sorry for being off topic earlier.

But spacer is not necessary needed in offset setup right? Broken lugs can be dangerous...

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
the problem with using aftermarket bodyparts, FIBER or 'PU', 95% chance the kits you buy off the shelf from shops, they just don't get symmetrical with stock bodyparts and leave weird gaps. Not only that, you can't compromise with paintwork as fiber or PU parts have to be fully coated wth cement compound first before applying undercoat, and then paintjob - which won't allow you to do layang paintjob. For 1-2yrs maybe still ok layang job... but sure later the hue of the paint on these fiber/PU parts fades.

I thought aftermarket bodykitting is not the 'black' anymore - sleepers are?
the main problem of local made bodypart from fibre is the fitting. I saw a couple of bodypart maker in Sungai Buloh that have been re-use, re-use and re-use their mold until they went out of shape.

When the mold outta shape, of course the reproduction oso outta shape.

Normally, the mold should be thrown away after so and so many pulls. Malaysia businessmen pulak used the mold until kingdom come...:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
the main problem of local made bodypart from fibre is the fitting. I saw a couple of bodypart maker in Sungai Buloh that have been re-use, re-use and re-use their mold until they went out of shape.

When the mold outta shape, of course the reproduction oso outta shape.

Normally, the mold should be thrown away after so and so many pulls. Malaysia businessmen pulak used the mold until kingdom come...:banghead:
What to do, no quality control. This is the reason why it is better to buy original parts from reputable companies like those from Japan. Fitting cheap parts into a car can affect it's performance and it can also endanger your life if something bad happens halfway when you are driving.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Custom made is best :smile:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

These are adapter type spacers. These are use in the event you need to offset a lot and the original lugs are not long enough so these are use. First they are lock to the original lugs and the rims are locked to the adapter lugs.
These also can be use to change the PCD. For example your lugs are PCD 100 and you have rims with PCD 114.3, so you can use these to change the PCD.
Can also use to change from 4 lugs to 5 lugs. All depends on what you want done.
But the cons are these adapter spacer will be very thick, of course unless you really want the rims to come out more...:driver:

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

Yup, with the wheels further out, it stresses the lugs and even the wheel bearings

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
but the ppl driving offset wheel cars dont care about stressing the bearing and lugs.
They only care about the kangkang look.

**How I wish to see the driver's face when he scrap their rims on the road kerb**.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I decided to park my car on roadside at pj housing area main road, jln ss3/14, due to clutch pump leaked, only frm 7.15pm to 9pm, just now. I intended to force drive it on 2nd gear when traffic is clear at 9pm but when I arrived, found that driver's side door was unlocked, I was shocked that steering wasn't there, boot also left opened, my 2 spare tyre on rear seat also not in the same position as before, some wiring cut, i believe someone tried to start the engine but failed. It's just a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience