Where to modify Wira ignition/ Distributor?

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL

Trxx7989

When you ordered from Summitracing .. which courier service did u use..

I'm not sure abt Malaysia, previously I ordered from Summitracing, using Vpost in Singapore..
Ordered quite sometime edy, around 2-3 years back. One of my friend hand carry from states for me. Send thru UPS within states...:proud:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kader : can I know how much you paid in RM for that Mallory and which one did you order? Is your Wira VDO or MMC?

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Kader : can I know how much you paid in RM for that Mallory and which one did you order? Is your Wira VDO or MMC?
Hi Izso

I paid abt us$90 for the mallory coil, model 29440. This is the high end model, so abt Rm 300. Mine is wira 1.5 injection. Planning to order the Mallory 6AL then install all together.:biggrin:

Last edited:

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
Hi Izso

I paid abt us$90 for the mallory coil, model 29440. This is the high end model, so abt Rm 300. Mine is wira 1.5 injection. Planning to order the Mallory 6AL then install all together.:biggrin:

Price not much different from 2 years back. Your wira is 12v or 16v? You can really feel the different between these 2 type engine.

I suggest that you install 29440 1st, then only add Mal 6AL if necessary. BTW any others mod you did to your engine?

---------- Post added at 12:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

bro tofu got any pics?

Here's the pictures:

Mallory Ignition 29440 - Mallory Promaster Classic Series Coils - Overview - SummitRacing.com

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
any pic after installation.. im interested but dont understand on this hot item..

sorry aa sifussss..

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Price not much different from 2 years back. Your wira is 12v or 16v? You can really feel the different between these 2 type engine.

I suggest that you install 29440 1st, then only add Mal 6AL if necessary. BTW any others mod you did to your engine?

For now I have a wira 12 valve to play with only,:driver:
Previously I was having AE101 1.6 in Singapore, did it up a few mods & tune with unichip. All the new 1.6 & 1.8 were struggling to catch me in NS highway ! :smokin:

Where can i get a mitsubishi 16V eng ? how much it would cost.. I try out wira till i get another car..

I regret not putting this coil in my AE101:banghead:

Last edited:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
trxx: thanx for the link, it helps..

i just have one que. letsay wana install this item.. can any1 explain it connects from where to where?/ wat about oem distributor, no need anymore?/

lastly, any1 can help me get this item?/
ehehee..

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
trxx: thanx for the link, it helps..

i just have one que. letsay wana install this item.. can any1 explain it connects from where to where?/ wat about oem distributor, no need anymore?/

ignition coils ---- plug wire---oem/custom distributor ----plug wire ---- spark plug x 4unit

Try to use NGK power or equivalent type spark plug wire, else the normal type may fail in long run due high power output. It may generate some interference to ICE. i.e: can hear soft spark sound...tak tak tak in speaker..

lastly, any1 can help me get this item?/
ehehee..
you can purchase direct from here. Mallory Ignition - Ignitions & Electrical - SummitRacing.com (you can surf around see if they offering the lowest price)

hope this helps

:biggrin:

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL

Bro ..

Mallory 6AL is better or MSD 6AL is good ?? :confused:

When surfing the net, I read comments that Mallory unit failed suddenly.. Even MSD digital series also failed. How long you used yr MSD 6AL ?

Hi Bro,

I never tried both of them, only upgrade from stock with MAL 29440 is consider really good for street drive. From my pts of view with slightly 15%-20% faster throttle response & lower FC after the upgrade is good deal.... unless you looking into drag, adding MSD 6AL or MSD digital series will be good idea but "the more you add in the more maintenance gonna have later days" can't run away from reality no matter how good these gadget perform. To me is still electronics with 1% of failure which just might be us. :smokin: I will just prefer with MAL 29440 enough already. Just my 20cents...hehehe

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I decided to visit Titan on Saturday 16 Oct coz i happen 2 b around the area. When i reached there, neither Richard (has gone out for lunch) nor Stanley (the secretary said might not b workin) was around. So i decided to wait for Richard n after 15 min. he came back.... He was extremely helpful n actually explained how suspension is all about.

Heres the best part.... The Cefiro test ride... simply awesome!! Long wheel base car n taking corners really really hard!!! "Oh shit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience