Where to modify Wira ignition/ Distributor?

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Yup trxx,
I agree with u..:biggrin:
After reading comments abt the box failure.. I was quite concern if the failure happens in a highway.

Since my 1.5 wira auto is real stock, I plan to install mal 29440 + add piper cam for rm 680 + full exhaust.
Enough for daily driving rite ?:idea:

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
Yup trxx,
I agree with u..:biggrin:
After reading comments abt the box failure.. I was quite concern if the failure happens in a highway.

Since my 1.5 wira auto is real stock, I plan to install mal 29440 + add piper cam for rm 680 + full exhaust.
Enough for daily driving rite ?:idea:
More sucks when intermittent fail, with that setup is real good de..:driver:
For me will install stage by stage to feel the differences on each stages.

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
i wana install this item too.. but not yet ask my foreman if he knows how to install it.. cant tahan the fuel smell of my ride.. huhu..

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
actually the msd 6al is not bad, used a 2nd hand one bought off Juizeebrain about 2-3 years ago...still running fine to this day

havent read cases of this 6al suddenly kong-ing out la...mallory i donno la haha

i guess u can avoid premature death by putting it at places with lesser vibrations, and lesser heat

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
rm8xx for the 6a, 6al with rev limiter is 11xx i think

coil is 3xx

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
actually the msd 6al is not bad, used a 2nd hand one bought off Juizeebrain about 2-3 years ago...still running fine to this day

havent read cases of this 6al suddenly kong-ing out la...mallory i donno la haha

i guess u can avoid premature death by putting it at places with lesser vibrations, and lesser heat
I c... at least I hear 1 positive feedback, I do feel confident. :rolleyes:

So do we really need the rev limiter model ? ?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
if not confident then dun pakai la :P :P

depends...on whether u want the rev limiter or not :P

id say this tho, it may be slitely overkill for a relatively stock engine

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
I get yr point.. :biggrin:

but I always looking for what mod works and the results.. in near future, I looking forward to upgrade engine..

So that's y .. doing all these research.. :idea:

U know any good exhaust shop in Sunway ? & engine scrap yard in Sunway ? I used to frequent Sprintpac in J.B, permas jaya.

Last edited:

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
nop im not from anywhere near sunway, no idea

but true la...coil being a simpler item prolly wont die as early as a cdi unit like the 6a

between 6a and 6al id go for the 6a, 6al u have to buy suitable 'rpm chips' to set ur limiter....i took out my chip so no more limiter...ive also read that the cdi actually starts dropping voltage slitely earlier than the stated rev limit on the chip...

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Hmm.. thanks for the info.. the price lower for the 6A by us$40 than the rev limit model..

I shall research a little bit more then try to purchase it :biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Have anyone tried replacing the original Wira distributor with a Mitsubishi model ?

Will it work & any improvements ?? :alberteinstein:?

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
u can contact juizeebrain, he has those things in stock, good reputable seller

try changing the distributor cap to a new one; mine made alotta difference since prolly the terminals inside the cap has worn short/blunt, been losing horses now got them back...but my distributor now is faulty, ive yet to sort the problem

rotor shaft seems to be slack

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
u can contact juizeebrain, he has those things in stock, good reputable seller

try changing the distributor cap to a new one; mine made alotta difference since prolly the terminals inside the cap has worn short/blunt, been losing horses now got them back...but my distributor now is faulty, ive yet to sort the problem

rotor shaft seems to be slack
bro, which item is in stock?/
ehehehe..

/coil?/

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As a top Malaysian racer and on both four and two wheels, Adi Haslam was dealt a cruel hand by fate as a motocross accident in 1997 robbed him of his ability to walk and rendered him wheelchair-bound until the K4GP 24-Hours Endurance landed on our shores.

Forming his own team for the race, Adi was back behind the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience