Where to modify Wira ignition/ Distributor?

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Hi

I bought external Mallory coil online..

I need help to locate a good workmanship to modify the ignition coil.

I planning to remove the original ignition module.. and install the new mallory coil outside distributor.

Anyone have done this ?

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
bro, im looking to mod my distributor too.. dun mind if i tumpang ur tread too.. ehehehee.. btw, wats the mallory coil for bro?/

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
hi bro..

No worries .. u're most welcome!

Mallory coil has a stronger spark 60Kv.. normal coil 20 to 25 Kv only.. it'll be good if you like to go high rev..

Mallory will improve combustion therefore fuel consumption will be slightly better also...

the original coil spark inside the distributor will be too weak for any good performance + inside the distributor the coil gets very hot also...

Last edited:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
hi bro..

No worries .. u're most welcome!

Mallory coil has a stronger spark 60Kv.. normal coil 20 to 25 Kv only.. it'll be good if you like to go high rev..

Mallory will improve combustion therefore fuel consumption will be slightly better also...

the original coil spark inside the distributor will be too weak for any good performance + inside the distributor the coil gets very hot also...
bro, where do u get this stuff?/
i need to upgrade my distributor, coz spark is not enough..
af is runnig rich..

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
I got mine from summitracing.com
U can check out Amazon.com also..

But don't get it first.. It'll be a better idea to locate a good workshop, after consulting then start buying the stuffs.

Check this site :
PROMASTER COIL-STREET/STRIP - Mallory Coils & Accessories - Mallory

Mallory Promaster Classic ignition coils are for street-driven vehicles with breaker point ignitions or OE electronic ignitions. Delivers optimum performance when used with these Mallory ignition products: UNILITE Distributor with a HYFIRE Capacitive Discharge Ignition, Magnetic Breakerless Distributor with a HYFIRE Capacitive Discharge Ignition, or Dual Point Distributor. Effective to approximately 6,500 RPM when used with a point type distributor (depending on engine combination). Effective to approximately 8,000 RPM when used with a Mallory HYFIRE Electronic Ignition Control (depending on engine combination).

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
nice info bro..
will check up on local garage and ask my foreman on this..

how much does it cost u the item?/

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
Hi

I bought external Mallory coil online..

I need help to locate a good workmanship to modify the ignition coil.

I planning to remove the original ignition module.. and install the new mallory coil outside distributor.

Anyone have done this ?
using an msd blaster 2 external coil with carby 4g15 here (urs carby too?)

1. gotta get a spare (x) distributor cap;
2. cut off the long coil terminal
3. then drill a hole through existing (y) cap
4. bolt on the long coil terminal from X to Y so it looks like the following pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. sealed the long coil terminal with silicone i think, around the gap area between long coil terminal and the cap
6. covered the terminals for the existing internal coil so it dusnt get powered up
7. hook up external coil

got this done ages ago, hopefully i remembered the process / terms correctly haha

Cheers!

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
Hi tofu_manic

This wira is a 1998 stock engine 1.5 .. wat is the engine code ??

Thanks for the idea.. I didn't think of buying a spare cap to remove the long terminal.. :)

I'll try it out..

wat's the improvement u feel after installing MSD2 ?

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
I got mine from summitracing.com
U can check out Amazon.com also..

But don't get it first.. It'll be a better idea to locate a good workshop, after consulting then start buying the stuffs.

Check this site :
PROMASTER COIL-STREET/STRIP - Mallory Coils & Accessories - Mallory

Mallory Promaster Classic ignition coils are for street-driven vehicles with breaker point ignitions or OE electronic ignitions. Delivers optimum performance when used with these Mallory ignition products: UNILITE Distributor with a HYFIRE Capacitive Discharge Ignition, Magnetic Breakerless Distributor with a HYFIRE Capacitive Discharge Ignition, or Dual Point Distributor. Effective to approximately 6,500 RPM when used with a point type distributor (depending on engine combination). Effective to approximately 8,000 RPM when used with a Mallory HYFIRE Electronic Ignition Control (depending on engine combination).
Hi kaderAE101,

This are wonderful coils! I had both of mine sold to dragster in sepang. You can really feel the throttle response if you sucessful fix-it in...

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
check this site for price.. different model available ..

Search Results for mallory coil - SummitRacing.com

---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Well Bro..

How did u chk that yr AF is rich ?
can smell petrol when engine is running.. then my spark plug is full of carbon.. haha..

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

using an msd blaster 2 external coil with carby 4g15 here (urs carby too?)

1. gotta get a spare (x) distributor cap;
2. cut off the long coil terminal
3. then drill a hole through existing (y) cap
4. bolt on the long coil terminal from X to Y so it looks like the following pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. sealed the long coil terminal with silicone i think, around the gap area between long coil terminal and the cap
6. covered the terminals for the existing internal coil so it dusnt get powered up
7. hook up external coil

got this done ages ago, hopefully i remembered the process / terms correctly haha

Cheers!
later can help me pasang this thing if i have.. no wonder your car not running rich.. hehehe.. besides this item, any suggested item?/

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Hi kaderAE101,

This are wonderful coils! I had both of mine sold to dragster in sepang. You can really feel the throttle response if you sucessful fix-it in...
bro, still got any stocks?/ where do u get this rare item?/

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007
series, my car wasnt running rich b4 i installed the msd
running rich due to carb main jet too big, the best way to get ideal afr is still to change the jet size

i got it installed at ah nick

kader, ur engine carbureted or running fuel injection? i installed it together with the msd 6al capacitive discharge ignition unit, so i dunno the difference with the coil alone

difference with both
1. throttle response is snappier
2. better power throughout powerband
3. supposed to get better fc (provided u practice light feet :P)

trxx7989

Known Member
Apr 15, 2005
KL
[/QUOTE]bro, still got any stocks?/ where do u get this rare item?/[/QUOTE]

I got it from summit as well. I guess it may reach RM500-700 plus delivery for now.

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang
kader, ur engine carbureted or running fuel injection? i installed it together with the msd 6al capacitive discharge ignition unit, so i dunno the difference with the coil alone

Hello tofu manic
Mine is wira 98 Fuel injection 1.5 Auto.. So wat's the engine code ?? 4Gxx ?

Anyway thanks for the info.. I will try out the Coil alone 1st, after that I shall buy the cap. discharge ign unit also :burnout:

And going off track..
1. where to get a sports exhaust without loud noise ?? :)
2. Sard fuel pump better or any other brand/model better ?

Hello Series 5401
Can smell petrol when engine is running.. then my spark plug is full of carbon.. haha..

That's a good judgement.. :)

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Trxx7989

When you ordered from Summitracing .. which courier service did u use..

I'm not sure abt Malaysia, previously I ordered from Summitracing, using Vpost in Singapore..

Last edited:

series5401

Known Member
Aug 14, 2010
Kuching
tofu: okeh.. thats explained everything.. walauweh.. btw, lets say wana bring to nick, jetting we provide our ownself or he has the item.. and the mode for distributor, i buy first then ask him to install or he has some unit available for sale.. sorry, banyak tanyer due to headache.. ahahhaa

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience