What car to buy?

Bro,

You buying cash or taking loan? If taking loan you can only buy a car below 10 yrs old.
If you wanna take personal loan..it will be 5 times your salary...that means max 20k...usually they wont give max...so you must take at least 3 personal loan to get rm50k...max repayment also 4- 5 years...dont know if you can cope with this monthly installment..MINIMUM interest for 4 years for that amount you will be paying rm18k...bad idea bro.

If you say below 10 years old and budget rm50k...i cant really think of much performance NA/T.C that you can get for JDM....but if like Wira/Satria/Perdana Evo3,GSR can la...

I plan to get this car by end of this year but till now can't seem to find any good car with stock condition. I'm quite worry for modded one since don't know how the condition is. I'm quite interested in putra but many say it's not worth it to buy a proton car which is already more than 7years since quality not good. MR2 seems nice but can't find an NA one since turbo's fuel consumption high. Really headache and confused la. Interested in Levin AE101/AE111 but so far haven't came across this model for manual tranny. Somemore don't know can get loan or not

Last edited:
Khoo: yea... mr2 fans ere.. haha, and no, i wont sell my car! its my precious .. hehehe

ez64: AD_EG is rite, most car that is over 10 years cant get a loan, but you can try flipping thru motor trader, as there are some that provide loan. Taking personal loan is a big "kao", do remember no matter how good the condition is, it is still old cars, some wear n tear parts still need to change from time to time. somemore you needed the extra money to mod it. and also what is the purpose of the car you are gonna buy for, touge? autocross? drift? or just regular use, and get to drive bit fast sometimes. so all this need to be in your consideration. seems you are planning to buy the car by end of the year, so do some research first, ask ard as there are so many car clubs ard, see which car suits you more. planning is important, and you will knw it is all worth when you finally get the perfect car you want.

Thanks for the advise yn_hell. I don't actually plan to get a car for any motorsport usage. It's my interest and i do drive fast sometimes just to get a feeling of having a good drive. Because of this i plan to get a good car that's has the power when i need it as well as have a good feeling when driving it. Do u have a any particular model that u can recommend? To be honest i actually like Nissan 180SX because the car's design and the feel of driving an FR layout car but it's an old model and can't get any loan anymore plus it's turbocharged.

no worries, just sharing my experience cos i been thru. i can't recommend you any car actually, becos at the end its about what you want. i mean i can only recommend the cars i like, hahaha.

i think first is do you have any cars in your mind? get a list of cars that is possible for you to get. then try ask for opinion of the owners in the forum, join them for TT or ask any mechanics that you know. i'm sure there are lots of valuable opinions. but everyone has diff income and diff priorities and diff taste, what might work for him might not work for u. so u have to judge for urself. as for me, they are quite a lot of sifus ard which are generous enuf to share their knowledge with a newbie like me. that is why i love hanging out in ZTH.

I'm interested to get an integra dc2 but currently for that car no loan except personal loan la. Anyone with contacts that can get personal loan with a low interest rate. My current pay is about RM4000 so i think still quite affordable. Any other suggestion from other sifuz.

Bro evolutionz can u give me some details regarding the dc2 in terms of fuel consumption, maintenance and parts availability?

i've driven one b4 in yr 2002. the car model year make is 1.8mt b18c 93/97, recond unit. fuel consumption is good, even i driven to redline most the time, FC is like normal 1.6 car. full tank bout 350km to 400km in town drive.

maintenance, just normal service and drive....lube is very important coz it felt heavy if don change on time. other than that, i faced abs sensor problem, very hard to solve until i decided to remove the sensor and runs without abs....coz too sensitive... engine is very durable, vtec kicks in at 5500rpm and u will be smiling away with the vtec roar.......

parts - no worry coz honda performance parts, engine parts and body parts - plenty at chop shops and not expensive.

and u got lotsa mod to put in....just control the level of "racun" ...if not pocket deep deep hole lor...:)cheerz

Thanks for your help. Any sifuz out there who can help me with my confusion and doubts. Really appreciate if fellow experienced ZTH forummer can guide me and enlighten me with some ideas and suggestions

wat AD_EG said is correct. if you wanna take bank loan, you can only look for cars that are below 10 years old. on top of that, you need to have some cash in hand for higher downpayment (interest rate for 2nd hand cars are damn painful so if possible, pay more upfront), insurance, road tax, general car servicing when you take your car with some spare cash for emergency. it is easier to buy a car than to maintain one, especially a performance car. good luck with your dream :)

btw, here is a rough guide :

Car Value : RM 50k
Loan Amount : RM 40k (assume you are damn lucky, you get 80%)
Downpayment : RM 10k
Road tax and insurance : RM1.2k +- (assume below 2.0 cc)
First service : RM 3k (assume you change all belts, oil, fluids, service brakes, touch up here and there)
Total Cash Upfront : RM 14k to RM 15k (excluding spare cash for emergency breakdown but depends on the condition of your performance car)
Monthly payment : RM40k x 4.5% interest for 5 year repayment is RM 820/month

not too sure about the interest rate now but i think it's still above 4% for used cars. not too sure about insurance rate also. hope this helps.

Just want to ask any sifuz idea, What u tnink about proton putra. I went to several website and enquiries from several frens, many say that putra is a nice car and since you can get a year 2001 model so loan is still available. Besides many say that putra has good potential to be upgraded. Me myself like it's coupe design and combine with VIDesign bodykit, it will be a bomb. I did saw a car for sale posted here by bro calvin_4G93. But quite worry of the car's maintenance & fuel consumption since it's modded quite a lot but it's really nice & tempting. Anyone out there who can share their views and opinion about putra or any other car. Here's the link for the car on sale here in ZTH

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/274403-putra-1-8-mivec-turbo.html

Last edited:
Satria GTi is nice but not really my kind of car. Not really interested in hatchback design. I really do like putra a lot. So what you guy think about putra. Any advice that u can give in terms of modifications & bodykits

Putra is by far 1 of the best, if not, the best proton if u ask me. Looks nice and at the same time powerful even with it's stock engine.

In terms of bodykit, there are plenty to choose from. Videsign, promote, evo1-3 front, mivec... Even seen some Subaru gc8 wannabes.

Overall, it's a nice car.

I think so too. Can anyone suggest any good shops for modifying putra's 4G93 engine. I plan to maintain the car in NA condition so anyone who can suggest what to modify to increase power?

Where are u from? I know a mech who he himself drives a 4g93 and I dare not test with him. But he's located in Subang. Pm me if u want more details.

Ohh and he speaks fluent English!

2001 model putra is the siemens version right??? This is just my opinion...better not get...if the mitsu one...then FTW all the way...!!

What to modify?You do basic bolt ons enough d bro..since you just wanna drive fast once in a while for fun ..
1)Extractor.
2)exhaust
3)lightened crank pulley
4)Aftermarket filter..Open port if you want have higher rpm power..or drop in for lower rpm power..get a cold air intake also.
4)racing clutch
5)lighten flywheel.

This is just the basic bolt on list...i think with this you should be happy already.If you need more power...there's alot moreeeeeeeeee you can do...provided if you have the budget..4g93 got alot of ways to "rojak" and gain decent power.

Mivec Head+ECU and wiring = 1.8L mivec...this also :top: already

Last edited:
B14 sr18?? Just kidding lah... :rofl:

If you looking for fun car then please go for JDM like proton, honda or toyota, 50k you can get perdana/putra/wira/satria + modded e3 engine, ef/eg + vtec, corolla/corona/mr2 + 3sge, still got spare money to touch up...
If you like continental sport car then can try fiat coupe 20v first batch, luxury car which is also my favourite will be bmw e36 or e39 96/97 or volvo s60... Bear in mind continental cost a bomb to replace part but very tahan won't easily broken... but if you able to get a very good condition one then can think about it

b14 sr18 canot lah, later tyre kene cucuk every day.hahaah!!!

yeah, forgot to mention... the siemens VDO is a no-no. if its mitsu (should be cheaper also, since older) then its FOR THE WIN!

and yes, AD_EG mentioned the ultimate 4g93 plan already.... mivec head + wiring = WIN

Bro since 2001 putra use siemens ecu. Can u suggest me any other ecu mods. Maybe use e-manage or piggyback??? How much roughly will it cost to get a Mivec 1.8 + ECU upgrade. Is RM5000 enough? Is it reliable or maybe can't last for long term since what i understand is that u will rebore original mivec 1.6 to 1.8 isn't?

Last edited:
Cost I'm not entirely sure, but in terms of reliability, I think it's solely due to who is doing the project for u. U use back ur Putra block, only change the head to a mivec one. U will need the wiring and ecu also, so I u opt this option, u need not worry abt the siemens ecu anymore. I know a few 1.8 mivec, no issues till today... Still going strong..

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom