VVT light always on !!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
I installed the VVT light as per the instructions from the forum, the VVT light stays on when i start the car, i tried to unplug the OCV to test, with the OCV unplugged the light is off and it only go on at high acceleration, does that mean that the OCV is not working ? I connected the OCV directly to the battery and i heard its clicking sound which means it's working ....

Thanks for your help,

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
I tried to disconnect and OCV and start the car without it, the engine worked fine and accelerated without any problems! does that mean that the OCV is defective? or is the VVT disabled ?

Last edited:

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
Salam :)

I'm using the stock blacktop ECU (89661-1A860), i connected the LED light +ve to a switched 12V power source and the -ve to a 1k Ohm resistor which is connected to the VVT output on the ECU.

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
I used one of the +12V cables near the car key switch, do i have to connect it directly to the ECU +B upper row line?

guile_mrd

Apr 25, 2010
Amman - Jordan
I connected it to the +B from the ECU and it didn't make any difference .. the light works only if the OCV cable is unplugged, so the next thing i did was checking the 2 wires that connect the OCV, those 2 wire should be +12V when the engine is started and the Red one should become ground when VVT is activated, the VVT Red wire works fine +12V at the start and become ground when VVT activate, the black wire is the problem ... it doesn't give any voltage at all, so as a temporary solution i connected a +12V directly to the black wire after cutting it, everything works perfectly now :) my only concern is that i don't know the source of this black wire and it might be connected to other parts/sensors on the engine that need +12V to work properly, do anyone know the source of this black wire? is it connected to the ECU too?

koof

May 19, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hi. Im newbie for bt 20v. Any body know install vvt light? Pm me pls. Im lookinh for some one who can do it for my poor blacktop.

EFN

1,000 RPM
Dec 28, 2003
Batu Caves
Visit site
Do a simple test. Drive your car and rev all the way to redline. VVT function on a 20V is to switch off on full throttle (WOT). So if the light switches off at hard rev then nothing to worry about. Just my 2 cents

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have purchased three of these systems and they are all not working right in winter. They all worked fine this summer, but now that the temperature is down to 10F two of the systems are not starting. They try to start, then the alarm goes off-display on remote shows hood pin. Also all three are not auto locking when driving and unlocking after parking anymore. They used to.

Several other people have the exact same problem. if you search radiostar or carvox you will see many complaints of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience