Using Comp Monitor To Play Console Game?

yes or no

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

e_ti

Known Member
is it possible to use computer's monitor or lcd screen to play PS2, X-BOX?

yeah babeh! u bet! 1st, yr graphic card must have VIVO something like tat. & if i've not mistaken, u're using a notebook rite?

then u need a USB TV box i think it's abt RM 400+ heck, u can even hook up yr cable TV receiver to yr monitor!

Originally posted by sterling^moss@Feb 28 2004, 06:14 PM
yeah babeh! u bet! 1st, yr graphic card must have VIVO something like tat. & if i've not mistaken, u're using a notebook rite?

then u need a USB TV box i think it's abt RM 400+ heck, u can even hook up yr cable TV receiver to yr monitor!
my lap top dun haf wat u say VIVO le....
wat i meant was jus the monitor...
dowan the cpu...can ah?
coz i can get cheap lcds... :P
so i tot get 1 then play ps
no need get a tv

LCD ka? hmm..i doubt it. unless it's a LCD tv something like Sharp Aquos.

it's very easily actually, just take a look at the LCD, look for the cable point (yellow for video, white & red for audio). if there is, voila!

Originally posted by sterling^moss@Feb 28 2004, 08:52 PM
LCD ka? hmm..i doubt it. unless it's a LCD tv something like Sharp Aquos.

it's very easily actually, just take a look at the LCD, look for the cable point (yellow for video, white & red for audio). if there is, voila!
thanks la boss!

no no no , you people have it all wrong.

there's a thing called a VGA box for the ps2/xbox, (RM 200++). available at all good gaming shops everywhere.

which allows the user to plug the comp monitor to the ps2 video output.

the computer monitor is actually a better way to display the console graphics, as the ps2 supports up to 640x480 , which is better than most TV's unless you have Hi-definition tv or progressive scan enabled tv.

Wayward

Originally posted by Wayward@Feb 29 2004, 09:58 PM
no no no , you people have it all wrong.

there's a thing called a VGA box for the ps2/xbox, (RM 200++). available at all good gaming shops everywhere.

which allows the user to plug the comp monitor to the ps2 video output.

the computer monitor is actually a better way to display the console graphics, as the ps2 supports up to 640x480 , which is better than most TV's unless you have Hi-definition tv or progressive scan enabled tv.

Wayward
hey mate! thanks 4 the info. 1st time to know tat there's such thing as VGA box. but wat abt audio?? no sound ka?? :( my louya speaker uses earphone jack. but ps2 one need cable point.

yes, the VGA box SHOULD have an output plug for the usual comp speakers (phono-jack), but i believe that there are better VGA box'es with 5.1 support.

otherwise, just use the digital sound output from behind your ps2.

check out www.lik-sang.com

i think they should have some VGA box'es , but it's usually cheaper to get them from local shops.

Wayward

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom