Using Comp Monitor To Play Console Game?

• See what users are reading now on Zerotohundred! Try Forums > Current Activity

yes or no

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

e_ti

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
is it possible to use computer's monitor or lcd screen to play PS2, X-BOX?

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
yeah babeh! u bet! 1st, yr graphic card must have VIVO something like tat. & if i've not mistaken, u're using a notebook rite?

then u need a USB TV box i think it's abt RM 400+ heck, u can even hook up yr cable TV receiver to yr monitor!

e_ti

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by sterling^moss@Feb 28 2004, 06:14 PM
yeah babeh! u bet! 1st, yr graphic card must have VIVO something like tat. & if i've not mistaken, u're using a notebook rite?

then u need a USB TV box i think it's abt RM 400+ heck, u can even hook up yr cable TV receiver to yr monitor!
my lap top dun haf wat u say VIVO le....
wat i meant was jus the monitor...
dowan the cpu...can ah?
coz i can get cheap lcds... :P
so i tot get 1 then play ps
no need get a tv

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
LCD ka? hmm..i doubt it. unless it's a LCD tv something like Sharp Aquos.

it's very easily actually, just take a look at the LCD, look for the cable point (yellow for video, white & red for audio). if there is, voila!

e_ti

Known Member
Feb 15, 2004
Originally posted by sterling^moss@Feb 28 2004, 08:52 PM
LCD ka? hmm..i doubt it. unless it's a LCD tv something like Sharp Aquos.

it's very easily actually, just take a look at the LCD, look for the cable point (yellow for video, white & red for audio). if there is, voila!
thanks la boss!

Wayward

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Penang, Malaysia
Visit site
no no no , you people have it all wrong.

there's a thing called a VGA box for the ps2/xbox, (RM 200++). available at all good gaming shops everywhere.

which allows the user to plug the comp monitor to the ps2 video output.

the computer monitor is actually a better way to display the console graphics, as the ps2 supports up to 640x480 , which is better than most TV's unless you have Hi-definition tv or progressive scan enabled tv.

Wayward

sterling^moss

Known Member
Dec 18, 2003
Malacca
Visit site
Originally posted by Wayward@Feb 29 2004, 09:58 PM
no no no , you people have it all wrong.

there's a thing called a VGA box for the ps2/xbox, (RM 200++). available at all good gaming shops everywhere.

which allows the user to plug the comp monitor to the ps2 video output.

the computer monitor is actually a better way to display the console graphics, as the ps2 supports up to 640x480 , which is better than most TV's unless you have Hi-definition tv or progressive scan enabled tv.

Wayward
hey mate! thanks 4 the info. 1st time to know tat there's such thing as VGA box. but wat abt audio?? no sound ka?? :( my louya speaker uses earphone jack. but ps2 one need cable point.

Wayward

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Penang, Malaysia
Visit site
yes, the VGA box SHOULD have an output plug for the usual comp speakers (phono-jack), but i believe that there are better VGA box'es with 5.1 support.

otherwise, just use the digital sound output from behind your ps2.

check out www.lik-sang.com

i think they should have some VGA box'es , but it's usually cheaper to get them from local shops.

Wayward

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

An interesting statement from the Chairman of Williams, Adam Parr, has sparked speculation that part of the engine plans for Formula One in 2013 will include the cars running on pure electric power in the pits.

Further explaining, Parr mentioned that the 2013 engine will be a four cylinder turbocharged mill that is further turbo-compounded. KERS...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience