Known Member
May 13, 2005
Nevada
fake stuff?

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
is this from the polyslim range? didnt think they would have much bass from such a thin speaker anyways...

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Its original as i checked the serial number and material. got it at rm800 slightly used unit . the boss said he modded the crossover (i saw got a big capasitor added to the rear side of the crossover) to get more clearer sound and he said if u mod outside the price is RM180 each (RM360 per pair of crossover). if not mistaken capasitor are use to filter out bass, does he filter out the mid-bass inorder to achieve clearer sound ? ...... i am totally confused. i didnt see properly the front part of the cross over as i was in a hurry when he installed it in my car, i was wondering if the front part have this switch to make it more bassy ? *confused*

k2000

Known Member
Jul 5, 2005
JB
i dont think the capasitor is used to filter out bass, and adding capasitor can get more clearer sound also dont seem reasonable.....??

calvinhpk

Known Member
Aug 24, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
www.mycarhifi.com
capacitor is a part of a passive xover network. It's in a high pass filter circuit, hence, it allow high frequency to pass.....
different value of capacitor will determine different cutoff point

Last edited:

icecube

500 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
calvinhpk said:
capacitor is a part of a passive xover network. It's in a high pass filter circuit, hence, it allow high frequency to pass.....
different value of capacitor will determine different cutoff point
Meaning it filter out bass and allow treble to pass (in layman term)... no wonder my mid sound like not eenough bass....

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
he is filtering out bass from the tweeter only i think, unless he got it screwed up.
anyway, maybe u can try with a non-modified passive for a while and see....?

vladimir

500 RPM
Jan 5, 2006
i heard focal is not famous for bass thingies..its good for vocal~

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
u should try focal k2p, great bass.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,
Require some advice here; where is the best for money paint job around KL or Selangor, thought of having pearl white on my Skyline V35.
I've seen the next level customz website, these guys quite impressive, have not got the chance to visit the shop in PJ.

What you guys reckon...?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience