The new maybe coming soon automotive policy in malaysia, nobody concern kah?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
With this policy means got to sell your car when reach 7 years old. Reach 10 years no need sell already....:banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
With this policy means got to sell your car when reach 7 years old. Reach 10 years no need sell already....:banghead:
Ya weh. Who's gonna buy a car that have 2 years left. Cilaka.
If cannot sell. I just drain all the fluids out and store it in my house.
Make it as a house, a toilet, a table, a room or whatever thing.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Err..which one?
No need for me to write it so obvious over here? You should know our gov is leaning towards which group more.

yes,and if only if the 2nd hand car look like the blonde :biggrin::biggrin:

p/s: and also what if not car but girl:listen::aetsch:
Car I want, girl don't want if 'played' by someone else already.

If girl, I do care :rofl:
Agree.

They keep the car because it has soul and fun to drive compare to new cars which well are just cars.....back in the 90s where the Japan economy was good a lot of company came up with affordable performance cars which offer much better driving dynamics, power and fun to drive and that time most of the cars are beyond their time...so in today's cars...most are just A to B transportation with all the fun of driving out the window.

I believe a lot of enthusiast will have a very hard time parting with their 90s JDM nobody would want to trade in a fun car in exchange for a boring one. Now you want performance car, it's all high up in the price range...which not many can enjoy the real thrills of driving.
The old days of high tech LS400/Celsior UCF10, Mazda Cosmo, GTO... Even though I am still not born yet during those days, I've read on the internet before about their glorious time during those days where they feature a lot of very advanced technologies in their cars.

Now performance car cheapest you can get for new I think is Mazda MPS only...

Ya weh. Who's gonna buy a car that have 2 years left. Cilaka.
If cannot sell. I just drain all the fluids out and store it in my house.
Make it as a house, a toilet, a table, a room or whatever thing.
Used car dealer all die 99 for sure. This one cannot sell, that one cannot sell. Cars nearing 10 years old also can't sell. Their scope of cars for sale will be greatly narrowed down.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
No need for me to write it so obvious over here? You should know our gov is leaning towards which group more.

Car I want, girl don't want if 'played' by someone else already.

Agree.

The old days of high tech LS400/Celsior UCF10, Mazda Cosmo, GTO... Even though I am still not born yet during those days, I've read on the internet before about their glorious time during those days where they feature a lot of very advanced technologies in their cars.

Now performance car cheapest you can get for new I think is Mazda MPS only...

Used car dealer all die 99 for sure. This one cannot sell, that one cannot sell. Cars nearing 10 years old also can't sell. Their scope of cars for sale will be greatly narrowed down.
Very very very. All sure die.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Either there will be many many illegal cars on the road or I don't know where these cars will end up as there are so many old cars at the moment... Probably just trying to copy our neighbor....:banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Either there will be many many illegal cars on the road or I don't know where these cars will end up as there are so many old cars at the moment... Probably just trying to copy our neighbor....:banghead:
Our neighbor also is not implementing a compulsory scrap system. Cars older than 10 years still can go around the road but I think they have a more expensive COE or something like that.

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
malaysia car mahal.lagi mau scrap ah.stupid sia*.then we will live in debt untill die ler.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
They keep the car because it has soul and fun to drive compare to new cars which well are just cars.....back in the 90s where the Japan economy was good a lot of company came up with affordable performance cars which offer much better driving dynamics, power and fun to drive and that time most of the cars are beyond their time...so in today's cars...most are just A to B transportation with all the fun of driving out the window.

I believe a lot of enthusiast will have a very hard time parting with their 90s JDM nobody would want to trade in a fun car in exchange for a boring one. Now you want performance car, it's all high up in the price range...which not many can enjoy the real thrills of driving.
Agree, is like a "Over My Dead Body" kinda thing if they wanna scrap their beloved JDMs.
Modern cars really not as good as before...if they are good, the price is sky high...
Price of R35 is one of the example. LFA as well.

lol, i believe you, but pls say it out loud while a real girl like that naked on ur bed..lol:biggrin::biggrin:
What I meant is for wifey material. Short term one I don't mind. But not even a naked girl lying down. I wont. Happily attached and not available :biggrin:

malaysia car mahal.lagi mau scrap ah.stupid sia*.then we will live in debt untill die ler.
The Ass on top tak cukup makan ma...want to suck us dry or got angry because some of us didnt vote for them and until to an extent that they had to cause a blackout to win...:rolleyes:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
Can anyone read this article and explain it to me?
I cannot brain.

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malays...y-behind-high-car-prices-in-malaysia---part-1
he said that "bcoz of malaysia car need more money to produce, it set the min price for cars edi, the import car have to raise up price coz do not want to be levelled at P1 & P2 standard to make branding more powerful so later on people will still buy their cars even if more expensive. as for g subsidies/exemptions for P1 & P2, it is using the tax from foreign cars & that increase the price more, not mentioning the loan interest that we have to pay coz as we know large sum of those interest r used to pay the g as well .in the end its actually us that help p1 & p2 by buy buying those import cars". well thats how i see it:banghead:
in this case if 12 years need to scrap, how P1 & P2 want to compete coz definitely car price are NOT gonna come down what if he said is true.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
simply said....u minus the 75% of excise duty from retail price perodua myvi is equal to RM???

:idea:
ha! ha! simply maths using the table.....:driver:

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:29 PM ----------

he said that "bcoz of malaysia car need more money to produce, it set the min price for cars edi, the import car have to raise up price coz do not want to be levelled at P1 & P2 standard to make branding more powerful so later on people will still buy their cars even if more expensive. as for g subsidies/exemptions for P1 & P2, it is using the tax from foreign cars & that increase the price more, not mentioning the loan interest that we have to pay coz as we know large sum of those interest r used to pay the g as well .in the end its actually us that help p1 & p2 by buy buying those import cars". well thats how i see it:banghead:
in this case if 12 years need to scrap, how P1 & P2 want to compete coz definitely car price are NOT gonna come down what if he said is true.
Local cars are more expensive to produce, because every item need to add value added commission...:banghead::banghead:

Actually if they want to scrap they can start with P1 and P2, as definitely they cannot last that long...:smokin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
simply said....u minus the 75% of excise duty from retail price perodua myvi is equal to RM???

:idea:
you read or not?? :banghead:

he said that Myvi in Labuan only RM6,008 cheaper.

not RM21,140 cheaper like what the 'politician' said..:hmmmm:

whether that's true or not, i'm not sure..i'm just explaining the article..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Can anyone read this article and explain it to me?
I cannot brain.

http://www.livelifedrive.com/malays...y-behind-high-car-prices-in-malaysia---part-1
Hmm what I can summarize based on this 2 part rather lengthy article, the cause of high car prices are:

1. High excise duty of up to 105% of the car costs/factory prices (not 105% from the car final selling prices ya). Solution? Scrap the excise duty. :P

2. Local cars cannot compete with the economy of scale from foreign brands hence the local car prices are rather high. This in turn drives up foreign car prices too.
Solution? scrap local cars. :P

3. Limited AP & the opaque manner of granting the AP by the gov indirectly drives up car prices as the AP holder/franchise try to limit/match their supply capability with the market demand so not to cause over demand/order queuing up to much.
Solution? Scrap AP all together or don't put limit/quota on it.

4. Malaysia market smaller hence less bargaining power to the manufacturers in other countries.
Solution? should be somewhat alleviated if other factors scrapped to drive prices down and hence will grow the market, isn't it? :P

5. Weaker MYR exchange rate value.
Well not sure what would be the solution here. :D Make the economy more prosper so the currency will gain value, maybe? Don't have any idea how to do that. If I do, I'd be economic minister by now. :D

6. No transparency from gov. arms on some factors that affects the car prices, for example when determining rebates to local cars, and control (or lack thereof) on ex-factory prices decalred to the Customs to impose taxes.
Solution? If no.1 & 2 above are done then this should be less of an issue, right? :D

I guess that's all, feel free to add or CMIIW. :burnout:

Emp

Known Member
Jan 9, 2010
JB
I remember that I went to puspakom to change ownership of vehicle a year ago... I am told that they only do inspection for 50 cars per working day.....which mean if yearly inspection for all after 12 yo cars in malaysia....ahem....traffic polis will be quite busy around....:stupid:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
jpj in a mess too, lately..everything got stucked inside.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello all..im in a big problem now.....my car....g100 (gt4e)...
the blow off is spitting black oill....the black oil that is leaking frm the blow off is not burnt oil....its coming directly for the engine unburnt....i went to one workshop ...who say my engine gonna kong...hve to do full overhaul, 2nd worksop guy saying....my turbine gonna kong....who is right or are they both wrong? :unsure: ....
now my idling also is d**n bad....god this is the worst dilemma larr.....wut to do wut to do...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience