Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

The issue on HICAS

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
I`m having bad experience with HICAS.... almost make me bang on GTJY rail~
HICAS correcting each my steering counter hence make it difficult to tame....
Maybe only me~ i know got people drifted with HICAS on too...hehe

Ok,

I'm really sitting on the fence right now, should I take out or not take out ? I don't drive the car to the extreme... sayang mah... hahahahah... while we are discussing this, the HICAS lit up yesterday night while on having a leisure drive again...

i think u should bring ur car for diagnostics and having checked.. since u have it and driving on daily basis

No, I don't drive it on a daily basis :) But yes, I will get the car diagnosed. Will not drive it until I found the right fluid to top up the Hicas reservoir.

Any advise on which fluid I shoulld buy ?

HICAS makes the car less prone to oversteer when driven near limit by adjusting rear toe to reduce tyre slip angle. For the average driver, it should be left on, as not all can react quick enough to an oversteer situation.

For hardcore GTR drivers, it should be removed, as it tends to counter your countersteer when the tail starts to get happy, and in most situation will cause the tail to snap when the ATTESA kicks in.

HICAS makes the car less prone to oversteer when driven near limit by adjusting rear toe to reduce tyre slip angle. For the average driver, it should be left on, as not all can react quick enough to an oversteer situation.

For hardcore GTR drivers, it should be removed, as it tends to counter your countersteer when the tail starts to get happy, and in most situation will cause the tail to snap when the ATTESA kicks in.

well said by our skyline sifoo..

it's it a good idea/safe way to remove the HICAS by change to non HICAS sub-frame?

if i change the rear sub frame to non HICAS sub frame,what i need to do for the power steering pump?do i need to change it to non HICAS power steering pump?any issue on front power steering?will it become heavy?...

thanks!!

if i change the rear sub frame to non HICAS sub frame,what i need to do for the power steering pump?do i need to change it to non HICAS power steering pump?any issue on front power steering?will it become heavy?...

thanks!!

Erm.. What has rear subframe got to do with power steering?

IMHO just put in HICAS cancel bar lor..

Nope you won't have issue with the steering getting heavy or the power steering pump unless you're not using a HICAS boss kit with an aftermarket steering. Just plug the power steering hoses going to the rear.

If the power steering pump fails, you can always opt to use a S13 steering rack with a SR20 power steering pump, which is rather easy to source.

Erm.. What has rear subframe got to do with power steering?

IMHO just put in HICAS cancel bar lor..

i not sure,cause i got some info online once remove hicas with change sub frame to non Hicas version,have to do something for the power steering pump,the one hose to rear HICAS steering...?...:)

---------- Post added at 12:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:50 AM ----------

Nope you won't have issue with the steering getting heavy or the power steering pump unless you're not using a HICAS boss kit with an aftermarket steering. Just plug the power steering hoses going to the rear.

If the power steering pump fails, you can always opt to use a S13 steering rack with a SR20 power steering pump, which is rather easy to source.

thanks for the info bro..btw....

s13 power steering can use on R34 GTT?....i check the R34 steering have 1 socket....but R33/32 no socket....

If yours is a R34GTT, then it has nothing to do with the power steering pump. R34 runs on electronic HICAS, not hydraulic. If you change the subframe and unplug the HICAS socket, you need to cancel the HICAS electronically using a TOMEI Hicas Canceller Kit, else you will have ECU fault codes.

ic...can i still drive my car without TOMEI Hicas Canceller Kit after i change the rear sub frame?ECU fault codes any affect to the car?

yes mine is GTT....

If yours is a R34GTT, then it has nothing to do with the power steering pump. R34 runs on electronic HICAS, not hydraulic. If you change the subframe and unplug the HICAS socket, you need to cancel the HICAS electronically using a TOMEI Hicas Canceller Kit, else you will have ECU fault codes.

In addition to the above, does it also makes the power steering assistance always run at the high speed mode(similar to using a Non-HICAS boss kit) ? Unless we installed a TOMEI HICAS Canceller Kit ? My ride is a ECR33 S2.

Nope don't think the steering will run on 'high-speed mode' (ie. heavy) unless you use a non-HICAS boss kit. You can experiment by unplugging the HICAS socket from the HICAS rack and pull the HICAS fuse, see how it goes.

thanks for info mr Nismo....

will change the rear sub-frame soon and try it out :)

I just found this out that day, when I asked the mech to check on the HICAS pump. Its electronic. My HICAS still comes out now and then on high speed. I.E above 120. So, how to eliminate this error eh ?

I had bad experience with HICAS too, nearly went over to the other side of the mountain.

A Post Every 5 Mins

JTPV-145-600x304.jpg

Edaran Tan Chong Motor (ETCM) is pleased to welcome 57 beautiful contestants representing their respective countries in the Miss Tourism International 2010 World Final beauty pageant to our Petaling Jaya showroom today.

In conjunction with this visit, ETCM hosted a tea party and photograph session for Malaysian press members with these 57 international beauties alongside a dynamic range of...

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom