Temperature Issue

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

upontheriversky

Known Member
Dec 31, 2007
Nothing's wrong la. Just depends on how much oversized. Cuz the alu block for the K3VE is very thin already so overboring it will make the pistons damn close to the water jacket and that in turn will heat up the water much quicker than usual.
oh thats good to know. good info!

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
Nothing's wrong la. Just depends on how much oversized. Cuz the alu block for the K3VE is very thin already so overboring it will make the pistons damn close to the water jacket and that in turn will heat up the water much quicker than usual.
Oh I see. Cos I bought a converted 4g63 with a 86mm pistons a while back that's why i ask. Thanks for the info.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
86mm on a 4G63 I think is still do-able. I *think* that's probably still safe! Gotta go look back at the manuals again. But I do know the K3VE alu block can't take more than 2mm increase and if not mistaken the 2mm increase is already pushing it. Need pretty strong sleeving and a thermostat that opens earlier, or perhaps can try using those pure coolants (no water mix).

Anyway, where did the TS go? Has he resolved the overheating issue?

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
if the thermostat & a big radiator is in place but still overheat, mayb he needs an oil cooler..

i think Izso can help DIY that

:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
if the thermostat & a big radiator is in place but still overheat, mayb he needs an oil cooler..

i think Izso can help DIY that

:biggrin:
Haha! Easy la that one! If the the fella wants to install a oil cooler and has bought all the bits and pieces I will go to his place and document the DIY install!

Edward_Lee

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Dear Sifus, don't mind i go off topic abit ah .....

I'm encountering overcooling problem on my car, a kenari 1.0 (M). I'm runing with proper ratio mixed toyota coolant, new rad cap, new thermostat , engine all stock (except for air cleaner n exhaust header la) .

My temperature dial is not really showing at optimal operating temperature instead its 1 line lower. Its worst in the morning or rain ( totally drop to 1 line). So far didn't give any mechanical issue or coolant leaking issue la, but hope all sifus out there can share your thoughts on this matter.

Heaps of thanks !

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
previously have u removed your thermostat???

Edward_Lee

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
No bro, always intach. This happened only when i drop my engine n replace my timing belt n broken engine mount bracket. Of course the old coolant was dispose n replace with new one.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Suggest you check your thermostat. Could be jammed permanantly open.

Or better check your meter - maybe the meter itself is spoilt.

If it's a thermostat issue better get is solved ASAP cuz running at non-optimal temps means your engine oil is not lubricating enough and that means your internals is not getting proper lubrication hence higher wear and tear

ftzone

full throttle zone
Feb 21, 2005
Penang, Prai
www.ftzoneracing.com
my experience... water temp and oil temps usually rise to about the same temp.
say oil temp is at 95deg, so will water temp. so it is worth while to look into oil temp as well if all effort is done to lower the water temp. oil cooler may be required to bring down water temp as well.

Attachments

Edward_Lee

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Suggest you check your thermostat. Could be jammed permanantly open.

Or better check your meter - maybe the meter itself is spoilt.

If it's a thermostat issue better get is solved ASAP cuz running at non-optimal temps means your engine oil is not lubricating enough and that means your internals is not getting proper lubrication hence higher wear and tear
Thx for your suggestion bro Izso, i understand the importance of optimal operating temperature and as well the optimal properties of lubricating oil.

I personally tested on both thermostat (old n new), both opens almost the same moment n shuts off well. The sensor it self i've cross test with another 1 with the same kind (value). Abit give up on looking for the cause .......

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Maybe the coolant you using is too 'powderfool' :biggrin:

Aiya, if it's lower than normal it might just mean your engine isn't running as hot as it used to. Better cooling, better engine oil used and better air flow result is lower water temp? It does happen you know. Or as suggested, your coolant works too well!

lonelylilpig

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2006
I don't know is it the best la ......
Those liquid lubrication product i'm using just normal ordinary Toyota Coolant of 50 : 50 ratio with purified RO water , 5W/30 Semi Syn , Iridium plugs , K&N tats all :hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

amrancharger

500 RPM
Jul 19, 2006
go buy those cheap meter...alot of replica nows...
at least cost ard rm150 incl installation...

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
No need buy replica la... buy those with decent brand atleast got warranty.
The meter normally wont give you problem but most of the time is the sensor 'kong' even Defi are also same.