Squeaky gearbox

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
Squeaking? Peculiar case.

My Neo also has squeaking sounds, during all upshift / downshift -- caused by friction on the clutch pedal.

It's hard to gauge what 'squeak' are you referring to bro. A video / sound recording would help.

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
Squeaking? Peculiar case.

My Neo also has squeaking sounds, during all upshift / downshift -- caused by friction on the clutch pedal.

It's hard to gauge what 'squeak' are you referring to bro. A video / sound recording would help.
i have the clutch pedal squeak too! Do you know of any way to oil/grease/lub it? haha

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
i have the clutch pedal squeak too! Do you know of any way to oil/grease/lub it? haha
Most solutions that I apply have only temporary effect. :D

Try using grease between the joints of the clutch pedal, that should decrease the squeaking.

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
Could be the plastic cover of the shifter.

Try opening up the gear console, and check if anything is wedged in between the plastic cover.

I discovered some 'inhabitants' once. LOL.

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
when was the last time you change your gearbox oil? try replacing the gearbox oil with penzoil.. several of my neo friends swears by it.. shifting gears is smooth as silk and the gearbox doesnt squeaks as much.. :)

VDread

Known Member
Sep 27, 2008
when was the last time you change your gearbox oil? try replacing the gearbox oil with penzoil.. several of my neo friends swears by it.. shifting gears is smooth as silk and the gearbox doesnt squeaks as much.. :)
Sifu sudah berbicara! :D

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
Please.. i dont deserve that title.. i am merely sharing whatever little info i have.. lain lah kalau sifoo KCNG yg bersuara.. :driver:

BFX73

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
reef dee abang kawasan la...hehehe...

gearbox oil not tat expensive...try to change it 1st n keep us updated...who knows it leads to bigger prob..

holysniper

Known Member
May 26, 2011
N/A
When i shift from any gear to 2nd gear, it feels stiff n doesn't want to go in easily sometimes.. will changing to better gearoil helps? ( It is like this before and after changing of the gearoil )

reefdee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2010
Putrajaya
When i shift from any gear to 2nd gear, it feels stiff n doesn't want to go in easily sometimes.. will changing to better gearoil helps? ( It is like this before and after changing of the gearoil )
yes.. it helps.. and in your case, when this happens at a particular gear, try changing to 2nd gear at a different RPM then you usually do..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys i hav a budget of about 5-6k for my nissan sunny i got for free =)...
but now i'm stuck cos i'm not sure where 2 start from and how do i manage everythin under this budget...

ok 1st the problems encountered is when i drove this car back from klang without any brakes...damn dangerous i know but i was goin damn slow...i think the brake system 'keput' already...either the master cylinder o the brake booster hav 2 b replaced...
2nd problem is water leaking...tat wan should b common...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience