So confuse abt Subaru GC8's

• See what users are reading now on Zerotohundred! Try Forums > Current Activity

Qke

Jan 2, 2009
Hi Sifu's,
actually how can i easily identify a GC8 with STi? There is one GC8 Manufacture 97 claiming to be version 5 but its chassis start with EJ20D ND??? and the car is complete stock? is a GC8 Sti version 3,4,5 comes with 4 pots front brake and DCCD diff?
Any different between 3,4,5 version dashboard?

Thank you

jester

1,000 RPM
Jul 8, 2005
PJ
Hi Sifu's,
actually how can i easily identify a GC8 with STi? There is one GC8 Manufacture 97 claiming to be version 5 but its chassis start with EJ20D ND??? and the car is complete stock? is a GC8 Sti version 3,4,5 comes with 4 pots front brake and DCCD diff?

Thank you
EJ20xxxx is the engine number. the model code should read GC8A/B/C/D/E/F/Gxxxxx with A=version 1, B=version 2, and so on. sti versions 3 onwards come with 4 pot caliper as standard. the dashboard on version 1-3 and 4-6 are different.

Bump:
Hi Sifu's,

Thank you
EJ20xxxx is the engine number. the model code should read GC8A/B/C/D/E/F/Gxxxxx with A=version 1, B=version 2, and so on. sti versions 3 onwards come with 4 pot caliper as standard. the dashboard on version 1-3 and 4-6 are different.

year 97 should be version 3. no way it's version 5

Qke

Jan 2, 2009
Thanks Jester but how to tell whether is it a STi model?

Thanks

kenyap

Known Member
Jul 30, 2008

Bump:

year 97 should be version 3. no way it's version 5
bro,last time my gc8 is nama model:EGC8.tahun dibuat is year 94.i think my one is not version 5 lah.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Due to popular demand, Mazda Motor Corporation has announced that they are extending the production of the Special Edition Mazda RX-8 Spirit R by 1000 units. This final special edition model was originally intended to be only 1000 of them, but it was such a hit since its launch back in November 2011 that made Mazda to come up with this surprising call.

The orders for the Spirit R came from a wide variety of customers, especially among performance car lovers and rotary enthusiasts, which...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience