confuse in changing engine >> Wira ????

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher they pateri my chassis lor? im going to do bodykit n repaint whole car so im just thinking to do the spot welding too. But dono the cost?

wat sifu advice?
Actually GSR 1.8 modified mixed mixed with MiVEC n etc ( how many bhp it can push n how km/h can get? )

another question..currently im using 17" lenso rim with offset 7. currently with Hankook 205 tyre. can i put more wider tyre?? how much wide can put ?

newbie here. advice plsssssssss :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
i've seen some GSR 350hp...with mild NOS shots too...but be prepared to spend

spot welds are illegal...only done on track cars...and its not cheap

since ur doing bodykit, u can widen ur fenders to fit 9j wheels even...

smallmaster

Known Member
Apr 1, 2009
Johor
yah mechanic also intro me to put GSR 1.8 !!! so what modification i can done to make GSR power ( anybody any idea ) list plss ???? how many km/h it can get? any sifu experienced using GSR...

below image is GSR plus Mivec

Attachments

Last edited:

turbolover

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2005
hi to all sifu. im damn damn confuse of changing my 4G15P engine into bigger n power engine. 1st of all i like 4G63T but JPJ never allow to put that into wira 1.5. so i decide to put GSR 1.8 but some frend said GSR not enough power. im damn confuse.

although i got lubang in JPJ to put 4G63T engine, but my chassis will not bear the monster power. wat should i do to make my chassis stronger n tougher. wat is spot welding, chassis reinforced n etc. How much does it cost actually?? wher they pateri my chassis lor? im going to do bodykit n repaint whole car so im just thinking to do the spot welding too. But dono the cost?

wat sifu advice?
Actually GSR 1.8 modified mixed mixed with MiVEC n etc ( how many bhp it can push n how km/h can get? )

another question..currently im using 17" lenso rim with offset 7. currently with Hankook 205 tyre. can i put more wider tyre?? how much wide can put ?

Bro,why GSR not powerful?Enough to be driven hard on our roads unless you r planning to try your wheel on the tracks.Whatever power u have u won't be the most powerful.hehe.thats reality.More power?more safety feature u need to include.better braking system.most important.not cheap.more fuel needed.pocket becomes light very fast.hehe.bigger rims n wider tires?becareful on wet road.car might fly.not up but into u know what.so for some malaysian road fun without endangering other road users i think GSR is good enough.I'm happy with mine n fuel consumption is good too.Able to keep up with those 5series on the road.:driver:

angrysnail

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2009
Petaling Jaya
wordlinx.com
gsr is a good engine..enough power and very2 cun tu put in the wira..4G93T

standard hp i think about 170hp already..the G-force very2 can feel..

nice and easy engine to maintain..:burnout:

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
bro,

1st thing you should know....dont ALWAYS listen to friends poison.You need to decide what you want....What do you expect out of your car? even if you put 4g63 you will never be the FASTEST on the road.GSR is a good engine...it is still a very powerful engine...in the end of the day it depends on how much $$$ you can throw into your engine...i think if you want this experience to be a pleasant one...just go with GSR..and about the list of mods right...theres too much too list bro...maybe once you decide what engine to go for...we can start discussing about your mods...Take care bro.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site

wat sifu advice?

how much is ur budget??... go according to ur budget...

IMO, get the engine which suits ur car chassis capabality... even if ur chassis can take it (after doing spotwelding and rollcage), does ur FWD drivetrain able to put all horses down onto the road??...

i've seen some GSR 350hp...with mild NOS shots too...but be prepared to spend

spot welds are illegal...only done on track cars...and its not cheap

since ur doing bodykit, u can widen ur fenders to fit 9j wheels even...
spotweld chassis is illegal??...

liz@rd

Known Member
Sep 25, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
spot weld is deem illegal , but if u plan 2 keep the car and not selling it off , then maybe u lepas , unless got invitation to go puspakom or jpj inspection , then u are :bawling: ... not to say wasted but can convert to track car , save insurance and road tax

or u transplant 4g63T/4g93T then go get endorsed , after approval , stripped everything off until chassis left , then with good workmanship of spot welding or double welding , then go paint dipping according to your original car colour , then inject autofoam into the hollowness of the chassis , then put back everything , then put full set chassis bars , then put on bodykit , then re-spray ur car colour to what u desire ... my 2 cents only ... correct me if i'm wrong

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert

wat sifu advice?

spot welding is illegal and if u go puspakom..sure hailat as well.

17s can put at least 225 series depending on the width of ur rims (JJ), some oem rims on performance cars can go up to 245 series.

there is no offset 7, the 7 u mentioned is the width (JJ).

GSR not enuf power? :hmmmm:

ask da guys in mitsubishi forum (4g93t club) in here, they will answer u :biggrin: click here :
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/mitsubishi/22-4g93t-club.html

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
First, for ur existing wira chasis, how fast do u want to go?
what is ur requirement on ur engine output?
Of coz, power = $$$ the more money u spand, the more power u get.
if this wira is for u daily drive, 4G93T with some middle mod should be good enough for u already.
However, if this wira is for drag , sepang race, u better sell ur wira and go for 2nd hand Evo 3 to gain max mod on ur engine. :biggrin:

Just my opinion.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We can’t be faulted if the only reference ‘Austria’ and ‘motorsports’ brings to mind is the Formula One races held at the now-defunct A1-Ring but a tuner in the birthplace of Adolf Hitler has waved their wands on the Nissan GT-R and conjured up a respectable performance and styling kit...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience