sincerely from me.

let say you friend finder ur car every interval 5 minutes or so..you can get a rough idea wheres ur car is heading :)

friend finder may be good for temporary, but for long term, we will need to come up wth a better idea as well. to maintain an extra phone in our car is quite troublesome also. when something like this happen to me, really made me lost confidence on market alarm. man , even 2 way alarm they can bypass without alerting my receiver in pocket and drive away the car like no 1 business. made me doubt even those tracking alarm is safe. hopefully some1 with more knowledge on car security can answer me with comfirm accuracy answer. i already know their ability to get in and steal without alerting the alrm, but can they defeat those immobilizer or can they shutdown the tracking system for those tracking alarm?

Sorry to hear about that tragic incident

In my opinion,car thieves are getting smarter by the day. They come in all disguises. Some could be even from our own accessories shops. There's only so much one could do to deter these mofos.

Once the greedy mofos target a vehicle, they will diligently hunt and track it down like dogs . There's practically nothing one could do, even when you know they are driving your car down to Thailand or Singapore.

Those car owners with guns, now is the time to practice and finally use those bullets!!

friend finder may be good for temporary, but for long term, we will need to come up wth a better idea as well. to maintain an extra phone in our car is quite troublesome also. when something like this happen to me, really made me lost confidence on market alarm. man , even 2 way alarm they can bypass without alerting my receiver in pocket and drive away the car like no 1 business. made me doubt even those tracking alarm is safe. hopefully some1 with more knowledge on car security can answer me with comfirm accuracy answer. i already know their ability to get in and steal without alerting the alrm, but can they defeat those immobilizer or can they shutdown the tracking system for those tracking alarm?[/QUO

i think i saw your car before, is that park at the taman minang ria at cheras that 1........actuallly im stay there too...........my sound systems was stole last 2 months ago just right in front my house........that time my alarm also not even activate.......
anyway........its is hard to protect our car if the thief had focus your car....just that ............................

i think i saw your car before, is that park at the taman minang ria at cheras that 1........actuallly im stay there too...........my sound systems was stole last 2 months ago just right in front my house........that time my alarm also not even activate.......
anyway........its is hard to protect our car if the thief had focus your car....just that ............................[/QUOTE]

OMG, yes.. it was there my friend... i was wisiting my friend house and we kinda have party there b4 CNY arrive.. stelear at those area really know how to tackle altezza alarm i guess.. pls be real real carefull. they migh think that their plan and knowledge are so succesful till whey will use it twice in the same area.. "touch wood ".. pls pls pls bcarefull..

anyway...........now im always park the car in my car porch.....think will be more safe...as i know the thief always focus those car with nice sound system 1...........anyway i having 3 cars but then my car porch just only can fit in 1 car......so i had to sacrify my merz to park outside just to block my altezza in case. i think my benz immobilizer will be more safety than japannese car.....i think unless they hijack the merz else i think they hard to steal the car.............anyway always precaution wherever you are.......................

if imobilizer really can solve the deal, then i will be really good. insurance company will cover, but only 70-80 percent. and that is not immediately. they got to wait for 3-6month first/ excuse given = they got to search for the car first, so therefore in this peroid u still need to pay for ur monthly installment even though u dont even smell ur car. holy crap. it will take some time for sure..

imobilizer also cannot work ah?wah,that thief must be really pro.also heard from another forumer that there was a case that the tracking alarm didn't work.that means the thief can also bypass the tracking alarm.damn scary!then one more case,one malaysian female artist Mitsubishi Airtrek Turbo,using the card security system one,also got stolen in front of her house at night.read in newspaper before.hehe.

just copy n paste from another forum..hehe

Hmm... car security systems is a subjective thing. But it most definately depend on your budget.

If money is no object go for a cocktail of systems (double, triple, quadruple or multiple layers). Examples a multiple layered system:
1) Cobra, Viper or Clifford with shock + intruder sensors and backup battery as primary- RM2000 (basic is RM1300)
2) GPS / Radio Tracking as a secondary -RM2000-RM4000
3) Stoplock for your steering -RM240
4) Autolock for your pedals - RM165
5) Solex for your gearstick - RM100 (est)
6) Metal plates for your door handles, boot and bonnets RM200 (est)
7) Change your bonnet opening system RM600
8) Security tint your windows and windscreen RM2000++

But all these things are merely deterrent in nature, it cannot help you against a very determined SOB cum MF.

When it's time to go you have to let go. At least you live another day to buy a better car.

well, all the suggestions here might come in handy when we are shopping for alarm system..... however, i would advise this...... always park ur car where visibility is the best......

as mentioned, those installers can be those mofos that are stealing...... therefore, just install ur system where u trust the fella most, even thought it might cost a lil bit more.......

dont rely on the alarm system alone..... use deterrent, such as steering locks and other physical locks...... use other systems such as immobiliser (card system or device based) and if possible, GPS or GSM based systems......

lastly, dont reveal ur alarm setup to other ppl........even to ur best fren...... no one knows...... last2 the fella that stole ur car is ur buddy...... and pls dont discuss ur alarm config online.... there are some buggers that are spyin on us....

agree with hansc

use additional steering and pedal lock..it may look clumsy..but its better to have..

any recommendation of place that can do
6) Metal plates for your door handles, boot and bonnets
7) Change your bonnet opening system

huh? what u mean? add pad lock like "mr bean" car ar? and just to share how i feel after half month. kinda have " phobia" already. each time alarm goes off, i ran to it man.. and insurance will take ages more to procees claim.. OMG.. and 1 more, any1 heard of those tint for glass that is so tough that even with helmet or hammer cant break it ? i saw it in past year kl international motorshow.. any1 have info for that, i was thinking that migh be a good solution. any suggestin?

huh? what u mean? add pad lock like "mr bean" car ar? and just to share how i feel after half month. kinda have " phobia" already. each time alarm goes off, i ran to it man.. and insurance will take ages more to procees claim.. OMG.. and 1 more, any1 heard of those tint for glass that is so tough that even with helmet or hammer cant break it ? i saw it in past year kl international motorshow.. any1 have info for that, i was thinking that migh be a good solution. any suggestin?

The security film you're talking about, I saw it at 1-Utama Eneos. The film just delays the screen from breaking for 40+ secs, but eventually it breaks.

I think someone should come up with a security system like James Bond's car, where the car explodes with the SOB!!!

Last edited:
A good basic alarm and a good clutch /brake or steering lock is a must these days. Like they say, "Never leave yr car without it.".
But IMHO..splurging on expensive alarm system with extended protection system and the unbreakable tinting is not the solution..well..if those guys wants your car..they will get it. These syndicates have "talented" people working for them and they are highly rewarded. So..just follow the basic rules and always park yr car where it is brightly lit and if possible park in car parks where you have to pay..hehehe..and the rest leave it to fate.
Buy a basic alarm that offer hi-jack immoboliser, a self changing arming and disarming code (cannot be duplicated) and never trust yr car with jockeys or car wash centre (unless u know the boss very well).

i've just duplicated my key few days ago. what a shock that i found that the std key does not have immobilizer. i can start the car with the duplicated key. damn.. this is dangerous.. have to get pedal lock.

In Japan, they're not bothered with security as cars are cheap. Over here in the land of over-priced cars, even a Datsun 120Y is a hot item.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom