Setting the new HKS EVC

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Anyone using the new HKS EVC boost controller? It is known as EVC 5 or 6. Black with display screen.Apart from Boost A, B and scramble, it comes with other functions like boost offset and quite a few other functions. Anyone knows how to set these functions? Anyone has the HKS Easy writer program?

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
i jz fix 1 into my car oso,confuse how to setting oso,the setting manual all in japanese,try find setting manual english version on net but fail,anyone here can help?.Heard tat HKS easy writer program are not available in Malaysia.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
yup...same goes here...i still dunno how to operate this gadjet, never set it by my self, mine is set to 0.8bar and when pressing the scramber button it jump to 1.5bar, btw it is set my thomas gt auto during my dyno session early this year, summore this thing got the gain setting oso, thomas set it at 70. dont ask me why but it's set for my engine.
n1 have the power writter, fogot bout the price but somewhere bout rm600.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
you dont need the HKS Easy Writer software to adjust them at all

EVC is not complicated at all , set ur boost levels for A and B , set a boost and warning boost , set your scramble boost , not hard at all

evolution9682 , huh , u using google 1972 ker :P , i just typed EVC V Manual in google and got the english manual , hmm , try harder next time
HKS USA Are HKS Instruction Manuals available online?

u only need a Easy Writer if you have a EVC VI and u want to do dataloging and etc ..

set ur boosts guys :P its too easy like playing a game :P

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Thanks, Jin. I am having the EVC VI (known as the EVC V in Jap). A/B boost, scramble and the others are ok...pretty straightforward but the extras are a lil complicated. I have the english manual but still couldnt figure out how to use it...maybe we can all gather for teh tariks and try to figure out this thing.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
i try to search on the net b4 and fail, mine is evc5 which are the latest version of evc, my manual in jap and i really rely on my tuner to tune it.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i try to search on the net b4 and fail, mine is evc5 which are the latest version of evc, my manual in jap and i really rely on my tuner to tune it.
i just posted the english manual for it above mar , aiyoo

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
nope...my model only had 1 unit, and the one u posted here got 2 unit. so it is diff la bro.

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
thx jinkl,i got it setting propely.About raja_emeperor,u mention tat 2 unit,isnt kpa and psi?tat is 2 different bar reading,we use kpa most n american use psi most,hope i am rite.

raja_emeperor

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2006
i think im in the wrong thread, mine was a hks evc6 and it only got one unit not like evc5 it got 2 unit.

evolution9682

Known Member
Feb 9, 2008
o,i know wat u mean liao,mine hks evc oso 1 unit,the latest 1,black colour.Actually the manual jinkl shown above do help,jz ignore 1 unit or 2 unit,dun know how to says at here,jz look more u will find out.

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Jin, thank you for the manual but to be fair...i have the english manual. I know how to set the normal stuff like A, B and scramble boost.

What I want to find out is
Offset function
Map Function (RPM Axis, Speed Axis etc)
Boost Map Correction
Offset Map

I am not even sure if all these functions are required or useful.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
not required, but u can use it for fine tuning it , errrrmm from wht i read from the manual , seems pretty EASY :P

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Jin, come we go teh tarik and explore...honestly I dont know how it is done la.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello to all ZTH sifu,

my snail Car - Protong Wira 1.3gli (a/b) year 02 (siemens)

I recently purchased a autogauge 2" rpm gauge and tried to DIY it by refering to this guide, but then I dont know why the thing just dont work:confused_smile: only the backlight is working flawlessly so i dont think it's the power problem. As for the sensor, I tap the green wire to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience