HKS EVC matter? or any other causes?

renxun

1,000 RPM
recently only i find out that the boost that i had set on my HKS EVC1, which was at 1.4bar..was actually not achievable on my 1st and 2nd gear..... on 3rd ,4th and 5th yess i could achieve that...

so my question here is , the non achievable 1.4bar boost was it because the lack of load on the engine or issit because of my evc..? my im using original trust 50mm wastegate.... it came with a 0.7bar spring which i had slightly tightened it up to 0.8bar .... but one ting that i notice is .... my 1st gear is 0.8-0.9 2nd gear the most i could go is around 1.2bar...why ah?

i noticed that my fren using Greddy manual type which was a big knob to control boost and he set it at 20psi according to his boost meter and he can get 20psi even on the 1st gear ler

Last edited:
1st gear and 2nd gear too light bro...
i think this is a safety function where it limits the boost up to 80% from the set value to help the driver from spinning the wheel too much or overlap the engine since it can reach redline rpm in the first and 2nd gear too fast...

what car are u driving?

I don't think it's the EVC since it only happens in first 2 gears...

it could be some sort of boost limiter set by the ecu.

you could either have it rechipped, or get a boost cut eliminator from aftermarket brands...

Good luck!

Top Bottom