Saga / Iswara Rear Brake Disc Solution

Size matters?

No photos as yet, but mine is slightly bigger than stock saga/iswara, both calipers and disks combo, and it is ventilated, not soild (read: not slotted or cross-drilled though..hahaha).

But I was told the auto version for the E12A is bigger than my manual E12A, both calipers and disks.

Anyway, bigger is not necessarily better right?

widysaga? What's that? Wide-bodied saga?

BTW, darkbob - any photo of your FTO front disks? Must be huge, eh?

darkbob said:
VESTAX,

how much did it cost you to make the new hub ? or did u purchase it from spare part ?

thanks..

i wanted to pump in a new bearing , but the machine shop say cannot , cause the bearing is not meant for pumping in & out . so went to the spare part shop , they also say that this hub comes togather with the bearing , as you can't pump in & out .

japan made hub + bearing will cost about RM 170 , NSK or NNT or KOYO .

the one i bought , made in chaina Rm 70 :) .

after i selling of my rear mirage disk brake,now i'm using rear honda sm4 disk match with a mazda 626 caliper,,...just diy machined the caliper bracket holder a bit...

darahhitam said:
No photos as yet, but mine is slightly bigger than stock saga/iswara, both calipers and disks combo, and it is ventilated, not soild (read: not slotted or cross-drilled though..hahaha).

But I was told the auto version for the E12A is bigger than my manual E12A, both calipers and disks.

Anyway, bigger is not necessarily better right?

haha..

correct bigger not necessarily better...

the part no soild ? im unsure..

Do u mean , It is Solid as in it is not slotted or cross drilled ?

darahhitam,

I'll snap the pics for you...

I'm trying to fit the FTO disc too..

currently is FTO Callipers + Vr4 Disc.

it seems the Fto disc is a bit bigger than the Vr4 disc.

FLush After USe,

Rear HOnda Sm4 Disc + Mazda 626 CAllipers, hmm..

u sent it to machine shop to mod the calliper bracket ? u got pics , should be nice,..

uhh how much did the whole setup Cost ?

nice,,ok la cause i think i'm the onli one using it...pic sure got but dun have time to bukak my tyre.....but tryin to snap pic show to others....

cheers

Darkbob, what I meant is my front E12A is ventilated, but not cross-drilled or slotted.
My Mirage for the rear is solid though.

Yup, me too. Too lazy to open up the rims just to snap the photos.
Should've brought my digi cam during the installation. Other parts ok la, but suspensions/brakes quite lazy la to open up the tyres...

o0o0...

my front vr4's are slotted, but the FtO's are solid..

i'm still looking for the rear Vr4's disc...anyone has a good spot to buy... :D

I think there's a lot of VR4 rear disk at scrapyards, unlike mirage's one, rare.

Go scouting le a bit. Hehehe..

Last time they cut the axle in half for me when I took the mirage rear disks.

the fellow told me " EVEN IF I SELL U THE VR4 REAR DISC, U CANNOT USE WAN !! because they use 4wd , rear axle.... , if i give u sure u bring back !! "

so i have to reconfirm...

some people say, just take the disc and Callipers and go to machine shop to make the Calliper Holder's ?

is it true ?

There are lots of ppl out there who use vr4 disk for the rear. The seller must not have known about that.

dunno..

but there is two version..

1 version is Galant Vr4, he says can mod...

but the VR4 4wd , cannot use he say.. but some people say can.. so not sure...

why cannot use la bro ? open up the vr4 disk & calipers , then use back with ur old bracket & old hub la , ain't that hard right ?.

need some help over here....my fren bought a perdana front disc wit caliper onli...
when we went 2 install it...the mech say muz take out bearing...if not cannot fit...n then told us tat the hose also muz change 2 wira type 1....n then he mention tat the dics cannot direct fit coz the middle whole of the disc is too small o sumthing like tat which cannot fit into saga...i'm very confuse since iswara can use vr4 o galant o such...y cannot use perdana's

Top Bottom