S90 throttle body sticky

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

Anybody facing this issue, s90 70mm throttle body becomes sticky after the engine warms. It's very hard to drive during traffic jam, I tried to adjust the throttle body cable pulley screw , helped abit but still sticky.

hazziq

Dec 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Well u better get it sort out quickly,
last time my throttle just suddenly got stuck at WOT.
End up ditching s90 and went back to stock

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
what i heard from other fellow mech...

need to do some spring mod at the butterfly to reduce the spring tension so that it doesnt becomes sticky.... (probably shaft lubrication/minor adjustment needed also)

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
what i heard from other fellow mech...

need to do some spring mod at the butterfly to reduce the spring tension so that it doesnt becomes sticky.... (probably shaft lubrication/minor adjustment needed also)
Reduce? not strengthen to put the TB back?:smokin:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Hi,

Anybody facing this issue, s90 70mm throttle body becomes sticky after the engine warms. It's very hard to drive during traffic jam, I tried to adjust the throttle body cable pulley screw , helped abit but still sticky.
Try lubricate the throttle cable. I once faced this issue too, turned out it's actually the cable that is causing problem.

egb18c

500 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
kuantan
Or maybe the valve expand at higher rate than the body of the throttle body, thats why its only sticky after a the engine is fully warm.

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
The throttle feels better now, I adjust the throttle cable pulley screw again two full turn anti clockwise, the pedal feels more softer now

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have been struggling with water stains on my windscreen & adding on driving in low light & kaboom rain -

you know by leaving yr white cars not wash for a week plus u will get stripes - like zebra - because of our acid rains, industrial fall out & esp working & staying near factory with emission fumes - I am one of the victim

this was what i have been struggling with for a long...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience