ricer need help...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
hi guys...

i have a situation...almost a month now, i up boost my b8 engine to 1.0bar...for the first day...everything was fine...i was happy...then a fren of mine lost one of his piston due to lean air flow mixture(i was told by him)...

a few days then, i found out my car when tarik got meletup2 one...missfiring?..i dont know...later check the spark plug, i was kindda white...lean mixture...went to some people asking for help...someone ask me to change my fuel pump to a 255 L/H one...and i was thinking of getting a SAFC and tuning my baby back...

for all the info i have, im not sure how true is it(well, im just a kid who's learning)...

first q...
getting a SAFC and tuning it...will it settle the problem?...i mean get my mixture in good condition?...

second one...
do i really need that big fuel pump just for road use?...and 255 L/H...what fuel pump rates like so...a fren of mine mentioned Walbro...:cry_smile: :cry_smile:

i hope the sifus of the b8 could help...i cant study lately cause of this...lol :tongwink: :tongwink:

astinabpt

Known Member
Oct 15, 2004
Central
dude, where got sifu here, we're all frens only hehehe.. what type of fuel pump are you using now ? if stock BPT fuel pump, not even 1bar, dyno tested, 0.8bar also already got small bump with your a/f ratio once boost kicks in at 3500 RPM, not a good sign. been there done that. do not waste your time and losing sleep thinking about it, get a Walbro 255lph fuel pump, more than sufficient, even good for your future upgrade. stock bpt fuel pump meant for standard boost.

SAFC - two fold function, to kautim the standard boost cut, and to fine tune the amount of fuel injected into combustion chamber via modify the pulse sent to injectors by ECU. if you're using stock injectors, still useful to disable the boost cut, and fine tune to fully optimize the fuel band. stock BPT injectors still good with stock VJ20 turbine of BPT to 1.2bar. more then 1.2bar, VJ20 already not capable of delivering more power, and that will be unhealthy to the turbine itself.

dude, no worries about the 255lph Walbro fuel pump. with high pressure fuel pump, doesn't mean your fuel consumption will be more than stock fuel pump. what we need is a high pressure fuel pump that can support our engines during boosting / high rpm. you can use stock TX3 1.8 n/a fuel pump inside your machine and drive up to 200km/h, but you can not boost your car, all the time in vacuum hehehe. but we use turbo because we want to boost it, rite ? to feel the sudden jerk to the front, rite ? to smoke other n/a cars, rite ? hehehehe so use hi-flow fuel pump, they can cather enough fuel during boosting. excess fuel will flow back to your tank via return pipe.

dude, you get Walbro fuel pump, install SAFC, get a front mounted intercooler, I would suggest you to go dyno test to fine tune the SAFC to match your engine setup with fuel pump with stock injectors. get a better flow air filter, try boost 1.2bar. provided your engine is healthy, no clutch slip (even with standard 9" BPT clutch, not talking about racing clutch here), if your stock turbine VJ20 is healthy, 200hp is within sight with torque range from 26-28kg/m. been there done that.

all the best!

ondgennis

Known Member
Sep 29, 2004
Malacca
jambunk86,
last month i also in the same situation like u. i only up my boost to 0.85bar. the feel is nice. so i use it for few days n checking the plug condition. the plug sign give me a hint that it was running slightly lean. so i also like u thinking to add Apexi Neo n think it will overcome the lean problem. fyi, i using KFZE fuel pump.

then i consult my mech, kolo. he also said i need to get a better fuel pump n fuel regulator. with the Apexi Neo, i can adjust the fuel to inject to piston. but the fuel from the pump is not enough that mean how much u set from Apexi Neo also no use.

He told me if i didnt plan to change my vj20 n only aim for 1bar for daily use, get the Apexi AFC with 5 buttons, fuel pressure regulator n better fuel pump then is ok already. Also the stock IC still can be use, but of cos front mount Intercooler sure better. :)

cheer...

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
hi guys.

i dont know how im here back again.i know its kindda like an old post or something.now my boost is like gila (1.0bar to 1.5bar sesuke hati).i dont know y.maybe its because of the external wastegate that im using. (thailand)

my safc is not set.my so called fake walbro is still there and i cant think of what to do with it.dint check anything yet.its a fake or not? me myself dont really know.so sad one.

now here's my question.

is there any help/diff if u change my stock injectors(b8210) with a vr4 injectors?am i like still need the high pressure fuel support from the pump?

p/s:i want to use my safc...

vj23

Sep 22, 2004
dude, why you want to change your injector..FYI 210 injector are good enough, can support until 300 whp...dont waste money laaa..get your main problem solve first..how do you know your walbro is fake?..do you have a fuel pressure gauge..how much your fuel pressure before and after install walbro...my advise is...high pressure fuel pump is a must..then you can tutup buku about fuel pump..use stock 210 injector...get good spark plug..safc..boost controller..go GT Auto..dynotune your car...confirm more than 250 whp@ 1.2 bar...how do i know...been there done that..-astinabpt..i know u laaa hehehe-

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
u know me?seriously ah?

ok, i already went to gt auto.thats y i know the pump is a fake one.that guy said so.at least he think so sebab the pump cant provide enough fuel.too bad.yeah i bet can get 250hp.cause when try the car to see the fuel is enough or not already showing around 24+hp.

i already got those stuff.only my wastegate need a change lor.cause now the minimun boost is like 1.1bar like that.to achieve 0.6 bar like that i need to use a wg with what spring rate eh?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Everyone,

i would like to adjust the idle a bit for my airtrek turbo cu2w. can anyone tell me where to adjust it? that would be great if someone can show me a photo. Thank you very much.

Best regards
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience