Review: 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport | 200ps 1.6L Turbo 7 Speed DCT

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
So many times hear this policy. This time sound so convincing.
Can provide world class public transport ? G wiling to scrap off import tax, excise duty ? Importing performance parts with no tax ? :smokin:
Starting to love the pull...what a nightmare if really happen.:banghead:
Got to wait and see how loh! If it on, well can book new Hyundai Elentra Sports.....hhahahhaha:rofl:

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Wow you nailed it very well.

Honda Civic: We're great
Hyundai Elantra Sport: We're better than great

Nope, that's not gotta work. That would be like McDonald's going head to head vs KFC for fried chicken.
No, it'll probably never replace the Civic, not this soon at least so the angle's gonna be something like:

Honda Civic: We're really great
Hyundai Elantra Sport: Made for drivers

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Saw an Optima GT the other day. Still no Elantra Sport. I think the Optima GT will face a stiff fight from the 2018 Accord. Looks like Honda is really winning the battle with cars masses want.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Saw an Optima GT the other day. Still no Elantra Sport. I think the Optima GT will face a stiff fight from the 2018 Accord. Looks like Honda is really winning the battle with cars masses want.
I saw the Elantra Sport yesterday at my condo lobby, dark color can't tell if it's black or grey or dark blue...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I saw the Elantra Sport yesterday at my condo lobby, dark color can't tell if it's black or grey or dark blue...
Hahaha leave a note for him... "great choice of car, ugly seats tho"

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Saw a lot of these during a recent trip to Singapore, which I thought was odd since I haven't seen one here on our shores. I thought it wasn't launched yet but apparently it was so I guess Civic is running away with the market again, which is a shame.

Love the look of exterior. Properly sporty without having to shout it out with silly vents and bulge (rather rice 'Turbo' badge notwithstanding).

But that interior though...what.the.hell...red seats!? :confused:

If I was in the market, I would still buy one over a Civic and source second hand Recaros immediately after..lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Saw a lot of these during a recent trip to Singapore, which I thought was odd since I haven't seen one here on our shores. I thought it wasn't launched yet but apparently it was so I guess Civic is running away with the market again, which is a shame.

Love the look of exterior. Properly sporty without having to shout it out with silly vents and bulge (rather rice 'Turbo' badge notwithstanding).

If I was in the market, I would still buy one over a Civic and source second hand Recaros immediately after..lol
Not sure if the airbags are in the seats.... if yes... no Recaros..

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

Now, swapping the seats out for Recaro does sweeten the deal
Interesting proposition indeed

Not sure if the airbags are in the seats.... if yes... no Recaros..
Looks like it is, although this photo is from the Hyundai Canada.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
Same car spotted again this morning, sorry for the bad angle was rushing.

Saw an orange Fiesta ST otw out too but couldn't get a pic.
car is nice, but...
i more interested to the surrounding. look so cool and green....

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Nice area. That shade of red looks nice on it. But I dread the seats. lol

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I would prefer 2017 Hyundai Elantra.

Not Just New, but Better – hints the Hyundai Elantra ad, and it’s not too off the mark.
Prefer it over what? New?Its technically an older car than the Civic. Better than what? My poop? What mark? My skid mark on my stained underwear?

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
so I just took the Elantra Sport again for the weekend guy, ask me anything you ned to know

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
so I just took the Elantra Sport again for the weekend guy, ask me anything you ned to know
Did you cringe every time you get in the car in those hot red seats?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I have recently replaced my old 1.5 litre 4G91 DOHC manual engine (Saloon car) with a 1.8 litre 4G93 (from an automatic transmission RVR vehicle), and I am having some problems. The car keeps jerking when driving, has a hard start and generally revs very poorly. At first I thought it was the computer box, but I bought the exact one and the problem is still there.

What could be causing this? I really have no idea?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience