Review: 2015 Megane RS275 Trophy-R + On-Board Video

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
To be honest, clutch plates last for years, like a handful of years if driven right, so there's no real reason to source for longer lasting options

Although the truth is, a simple misuse can burn the plate and destroy any life there is to it left. Even when new.

So, never grind the clutch with too much revs and too little contact, especially when ascending hills, or traffic light launches
As far as I know, my 17 year old car had only changed clutch twice. The first one was changed by my uncle around year 2010-2012 but that clutch (unknown brand according to mechanic) is faulty as it caused engine oil leak from a loose oil seal somewhere at the gearbox area back in 2014. So, I changed to another clutch (Exedy) on that time and I have been using it until now.

For launches, highest that I will go with my car is around 3000rpm. Din't want to go anything beyond that to prevent damage to my clutch and tyres.

Feb 20, 2017
hi,,
Unbelievably good to drive when there are bends in sight
Not the fastest hot hatch to 100km/h, but still fast at 5.8sec
Monumental grip thanks to the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tyres
Brilliant chassis
Strong 2.0-litre turbo engine with unusually linear power delivery.

PREVENTATIVE VEHICLE MAINTENANCE

Last edited:

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
upgrade bigger clutch=adding more surface friction..more grip...

and also directly adding rotational weight which is more inertia for engine carrying rpm while moving...

yep...no point using race clutch when stock clutch will be just fine for daily usage....unless the car also going to trackday/dragstrip
Good point there pomen_gtr
Dangggg.....i should have join ZTh earlier. :smokin: :dong:
Maybe i already used to current clutch setup. UncleVR or renesis know my size still can take it. lol...
i almost got to argue with my father in law, saga aeroback clutch.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

[HELP]Exhaust Manifold (extractor) Gasket Problem!

hi guys, been having this problem recently. Weird rubbing/squelling-a-like noise from the engine bay (sounds like "jit jit jit jit" or "chit chit chit chit").
ONLY appear when engine is warmed up! sound is suspected to be coming from belt & pulley area.

✔ Already checked and changed all 3 v-belts (alternator, power steering & crank pulley belt).
✔ Checked all pulleys, no wobbling or loose pulley. No apparent misalignment...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience