RB20DET setting..need advice

lenteng

Dec 6, 2005
hi guys..please advise me..below is my current mod for my RB20DET engine..
a) Garret AR80 turbine
b) front mount custom intercooler( about same with gtr ) with 2.5 inch s/steel intercooler piping
c) Apexi super air flow filter
d) BLITZ dual stage boost controller (DSBC)
e) HKS SSQV bov
f) Apexi SAFC
g) GTR fuel pump
h) Aerospeed Fuel regulator
i) Denso Iridium spark plug IK22
...i'm going to raise up my boost to 1.2 bar & improve the torque.My question are:
1) Do I need metal head gasket to hold that much of pressure & how much pressure is safe for my standard head gasket?
2) Stock RB20DET injectors (270cc)..is it enough?
3) Have to change to Adjustable cam pulley?
4) External waste gate to improve the response?
..that's all friends..thanx for your advice..:regular_smile:

4G93GTi-R

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
must use matel gasket...

you have fuel regulator,so dont worry...

yes external waste gate improve response

lenteng

Dec 6, 2005
thanks 4G..let say i have limited budget..is it anything wrong if i use USED metal gasket? of course the new one will be better but u know la the price..can't afford it..all the mod i've done also took about 2 years to complete..hehehe....one more thing,anybody here willing to sell to me that metal gasket?do pm me okay..thanks

4G93GTi-R

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
thanks 4G..let say i have limited budget..is it anything wrong if i use USED metal gasket? of course the new one will be better but u know la the price..can't afford it..all the mod i've done also took about 2 years to complete..hehehe....one more thing,anybody here willing to sell to me that metal gasket?do pm me okay..thanks
hmm you looking for used metal gasket now ? batter buy new ! i sell new metal gasket too

lenteng

Dec 6, 2005
..4G...pls reply....anybody out there got metal gasket for RB20?..help me..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

im using stock 1.5 Wira (4g15) and planned to change brake system coz twin port disc brake looks nicer... hehe~ :proud:

i bought already whole set Evo disc brake including evo servo. Juz installed front twin port disc brake, rear havent since got issues on lack of certain parts.

After i installed it, my car felt very heavy.. feels like its so under power. To make it easier to understand... i drove my car at 3rd gear.. feels like at 5th gear. High loss on torque.:bawling:

Is it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience