questions of buying RD1

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
super_white,
Is the sound came after the engine warm up hot? Because its normal when the engine is cold with a little bit of "tik tik tik" sound. After the engine is hot its gone. Also, what do you mean by actuator spoiler (original spoiler?)

Ace, you haven't answer super_white question about the fastest Hyundai Coupe project in Malaysia...........hehehehehehehe..................

Daniel,
That one joking only nia.. to be fastest..unless I running NOS with 100HP nozzle and then kaboom!...

Ace, I know you're in the run now for a tank of NOS in your boot.......hehehehe........

Ace said:
super_white,
Is the sound came after the engine warm up hot? Because its normal when the engine is cold with a little bit of "tik tik tik" sound. After the engine is hot its gone. Also, what do you mean by actuator spoiler (original spoiler?)

Nope, the sound is generated from the left hand side of the engine, the "fly wheel" roller and the rubber belt....i'm not sure lah...:X-:

i'm not sure whether is ori or not...:emoticon_U:

super_white,

left hand side as it timing belt or the other opposite side?
Coz I dono you are sitting inside the car or stand in front of the engine with hood opened.

super_white,
When we said right & left, it is sitting inside the car, like right is the driver side.

super_white,
Most of the mechanical parts are on the right side if following Yu911 direction. Could you be more specific? a worn timing belt could make that kind of sound too.

Ace

super_white, can you use your phone to record down the sound and post it here.

I'm confused guys!
Before this I heard that ppl saying the timing belt won't show any indication like sound when it's worned.
So can someone clarify whether the timing belt will give indication or not when it worn out.

Daniel Lee.
No, no worning at all, u must check ur km or open the cover

to make thing clear for you. Yu and BS was right. It is just that some owner use the belt for too long untill there is portion of the belt broke off on the side and it is hitting the cover or it can be that the belt is getting loose for too much worn out. You could slightly hear some sound from it.

Then normally there's a screetching sound also.
Some of them say it's the timing belt sound.
What's the sound actually?

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom