Proton Iswara Modifications

Oct 1, 2020
Hey sifus here, I'm wondering what can I do to improve my car performance. Not looking into engine swap as its not worth.
My iswara is a 4g13p
I have upgraded:
Spark plug
Exhaust system
Open pod

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hey sifus here, I'm wondering what can I do to improve my car performance. Not looking into engine swap as its not worth.
My iswara is a 4g13p
I have upgraded:
Spark plug
Exhaust system
Open pod
Oh one of the best thing you can consider is a lightweight hood. The stock Iswara hood is heavy like a mofo. Lightening the front is one of the best things you can do - BUT... please note that the safety of the car is heavily compromised if you change to a fiber hood. I don't know if they make a CF hood for Iswaras...

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Oh one of the best thing you can consider is a lightweight hood. The stock Iswara hood is heavy like a mofo. Lightening the front is one of the best things you can do - BUT... please note that the safety of the car is heavily compromised if you change to a fiber hood. I don't know if they make a CF hood for Iswaras...
inb4 hood costs 1/2 the car
but yea... super heavy...

• Haha
Reactions: koshin

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Don't play-play... wonder how long it takes to hit that 180...
Its kinda quick for an old tech 1.3 manual. Maybe due to the lesser weight. This car feels like its gliding on a layer of air at high speed.

It does not need more power, it needs more handling.

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Wow! 1.3 can hit 180kph.......
I think it can hit 180kmh, but then again its only hit, that means you cant maintain that speed for long, my guess a minute or two. I tried 160kmh in my 1.3 saga before, the car felt unstable, the engine noise, and wind noise all point towards a very stressed out chassis and engine. At 180kmh it should well be in the redline zone of rpm range. Thats not good for long periods as the oil between the engine bearings are shearing rapidly and generating a lot of heat, and thinning the oil. Also dont forget these cars have a very inaccurate speedometer, 180kmh on the needle could be only 170kmh actual speed.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think it can hit 180kmh, but then again its only hit, that means you cant maintain that speed for long, my guess a minute or two. I tried 160kmh in my 1.3 saga before, the car felt unstable, the engine noise, and wind noise all point towards a very stressed out chassis and engine. At 180kmh it should well be in the redline zone of rpm range. Thats not good for long periods as the oil between the engine bearings are shearing rapidly and generating a lot of heat, and thinning the oil. Also dont forget these cars have a very inaccurate speedometer, 180kmh on the needle could be only 170kmh actual speed.
That doesn't sound right. the 5th gear assuming its MT, is too big to reach redline.
My persona auto 4 hit 190kmh at about 5000rpm thereabouts only. Definitely far away from redline

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
That doesn't sound right. the 5th gear assuming its MT, is too big to reach redline.
My persona auto 4 hit 190kmh at about 5000rpm thereabouts only. Definitely far away from redline
You have to understand the iswara is a car from a different era compared to the persona. Its a 1.3L carb engine car, I owned one before, and drove it for 20 years, so I do know what I am talking about. Generally for those era cars, the smaller the cc, the higher the engine spins per kmh compared to a larger cc car. Whether its far away or not, I would need to recalculate, but my guess it would be at least 500rpm more to reach redline. Many 4 speed autos even of the same era has a OD gear that lowers the top end rpm. Those auto trans OD gear can actually be lower than a manual trans 5th gear.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys..was wondering wats the purpose of banana manifold?
to reduce restriction?
mostly i can see it on turbocharged cars...wat about a banana in a NA car?
will it serve any purpose?
thanks for the reply!
cheers and have a nice day!:_:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience