Project "Kermit"

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
DC,

Mind to share with me where you get your key done? I'm having the same problem with. Logo went missing.

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
DC,

Mind to share with me where you get your key done? I'm having the same problem with. Logo went missing.
If you need one urgently, Bangsar Village the cobbler/locksmith at the basement carpark has replacement key shells. But it's the same one with the logo and I don't think he sells them cheap. I got mine online from ebay. Plenty there. USD10 and free shipping.

The one I got is slightly different. The key part is not held in by a pin and cannot be removed. I had to have the top part cut to duplicate my old key as it was blank key. No mini logo anymore so no more problems of it falling off. There is a place for the red LED to me displayed so you know when your button is depressed or know if your remote is working or not. Also good when you need to know if your battery is weak and needs replacing. :biggrin:

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
The one ball mod was fun while it lasted. After swapping out the headers I got from Eurotuner, exhaust note was noticeably louder. I think after a while, the muffler gave way cause it started to sound broken. I did enjoy the loud pops and bangs that came with it. Sounded very racer! *laughs*

Time to move on to something a little more docile. I went to get a custom made exhaust setup on Saturday. Got some new exhaust tips while I was at it too. The new setup consists of a resonator in the middle, 2.5 inch stainless steel piping, split into two 2 inch pipes that lead to twin small mufflers. Hopefully this will keep the weight down too.

It's very quiet now. Closer to the stock twin mufflers. You only notice something different when you gun it, which is exactly what I am looking for. Blue tips give it that JDM titanium look...

Damage was RM1500 + 5 hours of waiting around for the setup to be welded together. Don't shoot me when I tell you, but all of this was done at Wai Heng in Bandar Sunway. Comes with a 2 year warranty as well apparently. *laughs*

sky_vspec

Known Member
Jan 17, 2006
Thanks for the info regarding the key, DC. How did the stock manifold vs aftermarket manifold performs?

DarkChild

1,000 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
Exhaust got a lot louder! Hahaha. Performance wise, car felt lighter. More eager to move. Felt like the it was slightly less ristricted.
With the "one ball mod" your exhaust will sound like an after market one. But I suggest you get a complete cat back exhaust with it to get the full effect of improvements. After the piping and muffler had been done, the car feels super nippy and eager when you put the pedal down.

Last edited:
Sep 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
The one ball mod was fun while it lasted. After swapping out the headers I got from Eurotuner, exhaust note was noticeably louder. I think after a while, the muffler gave way cause it started to sound broken. I did enjoy the loud pops and bangs that came with it. Sounded very racer! *laughs*

Time to move on to something a little more docile. I went to get a custom made exhaust setup on Saturday. Got some new exhaust tips while I was at it too. The new setup consists of a resonator in the middle, 2.5 inch stainless steel piping, split into two 2 inch pipes that lead to twin small mufflers. Hopefully this will keep the weight down too.

It's very quiet now. Closer to the stock twin mufflers. You only notice something different when you gun it, which is exactly what I am looking for. Blue tips give it that JDM titanium look...

Damage was RM1500 + 5 hours of waiting around for the setup to be welded together. Don't shoot me when I tell you, but all of this was done at Wai Heng in Bandar Sunway. Comes with a 2 year warranty as well apparently. *laughs*
DC, do u still have the previous exhaust tips? I'd be interested to buy them off u if u are selling...

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Nice ride bro. Mind sharing with me where u got the duell ag bumper from? As well as the paint shop if it still exist today kekeke. Thanks a million!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fpBUrR10oiU" allowfullscreen="" width="335" frameborder="0" height="200"></iframe>

'(00): Pretty intense action video of a 180sx trying to escape from the grasp of 3 Malaysian police patrol units (+ 1 Evo X) with some very convincing fender bending moves...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience