ntv7 show on car security

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
I was informed that ntv7 Breakfast Show would have a segment on car security issues, including a demo on disarming car alarms (no specifics, just an overview). The show would be on Feb 26 (Tue) morning.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
No, we should not rely solely on car alarm for total car security.

About the ntv7 show: I do not know the full details on exactly what would be covered, just that they would be talking about car security issues including a demo on how car alarms can be disabled.

They contacted me because they were asking if they could use some of the information I wrote about car security issues in my blog:

Review of Car Security Systems

They might (or might not) use my blog article as their source material. Anyway, they told me the show is targeted for Feb 26 (Tue), so I am hoping everything is on schedule.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
No, never safe to rely on only one security feature.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

lambat ,mahal dan tak berfungsi pada masa kecemasan...
our phone more faster than all...
I don't get it. What is slower, more expensive, and would not work in emergencies?

Why and how is our phone better than that?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
That's pretty comprehensive. But I'd add a few more, however I'm hesitant to share considering how everything is viewable even by the 'bad guys'.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
That's pretty comprehensive. But I'd add a few more, however I'm hesitant to share considering how everything is viewable even by the 'bad guys'.
Yup, this cannot be discussed in the forum as they can also view it.....

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
For those interested in the watching the segment, please tune in (for free but need free registration) at: Tonton website. Search for ntv7 Breakfast Live Show Episode 41. The car security segment begins at about 42:20 minutes for about 15-20 minutes.

They consulted one security firm (T*k*shim*y*) on the car security demo. They used two local cars: one Proton and one Perodua. They disabled the car alarm in 20 seconds. They also mentioned different cars require different techniques to break into the cars. They mentioned high risk areas of car theft are:
- unattended parking lots
- road sides
- LRT stations
- malls

I think at the end, the message is not to depend on our stock/OEM alarm but to upgrade it so it covers more features. Note: those cars they demo did not have immobilizers.

ntv7 copied-and-pasted some car security charts from several sites in their research, but it is a shame they didn't cite the sources which is actually unethical.

Anyway, nothing new that I haven't heard, but it was interesting nonetheless.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

when my car start it have some ngek ji ngek ji~~ sound.. but if my car run a long way or trip... the sound auto disapear... waht the problem??? the sound from engine area..... any shop can intro??? in KL.. thxx.... must fix the problem!!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience