Needs your expertise!!!!! plssssss

inline6

Sep 15, 2008
Hello Altezza Buddies,

My cuzn just got an Altezza SXE10 - 3SG 4 Cylinders engine AUTO yesterday.

Next step is to conduct major service to the car and this needs your expertise

Questions,

1. Engine Oil replacement – How many ltrs require when doing engine oil drain and replacing the oil filter?

2. ATF replacement – How many ltrs require when doing fluid drain without taking off the atf sump? Just simple drain via the drain plug

3. Rear differential fluid replacement – How many ltr require when doing simple drain via the drain plug?

4. How to know the rear differential is LSD or NOT LSD?

5. Engine spark plug replacement – What is the size for this engine? Thinking to replace with Denso iridium. Is it IK16, IK20 or IK22 or is they any other size?

Thanks for those willing to help.. m off now back to my boring office. Will check your reply later. Cheer..

350_GT

Known Member
Sep 4, 2007
Hello Altezza Buddies,

Questions,

1. Engine Oil replacement – How many ltrs require when doing engine oil drain and replacing the oil filter?

2. ATF replacement – How many ltrs require when doing fluid drain without taking off the atf sump? Just simple drain via the drain plug

3. Rear differential fluid replacement – How many ltr require when doing simple drain via the drain plug?

5. Engine spark plug replacement – What is the size for this engine? Thinking to replace with Denso iridium. Is it IK16, IK20 or IK22 or is they any other size?

Thanks for those willing to help.. m off now back to my boring office. Will check your reply later. Cheer..
Engine oil - 5 ltrs
Engine spark plug - IK22

others not sure.. still learning too :biggrin:

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hello Altezza Buddies,

Questions,

5.3 litres fully synthetic and change the oil filter

4 liter Toyota ATF Type-IV

Not sure. Can remember. I think it is 1L

See Chassis Plate in engine bay. Under Axle you will see A01A,A01B or A02A,A02B) B denotes LSD. LSD is an option for Auto.

Cant remember . I think it is IK20

6. Dont forget to get the throttle body cleaned as well as the MAF sensor on the air intake.This will improve throttle response and fuel comsumption.
Recommended Throttle cleaning every 2 service. Our throttle can fail if not maintained well.
New throttle can cost up to RM3K. The MAF sensor clean only if you feel the car is hesitating.
MAF sensor can DIY but need to use CRC MAF cleaner which can be bought from spare part shop.

Last edited:

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
i changed mine, 1L.

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
why the hassle?

just go to these places to service ur car:
vision bangsar/sunway ah wei 0123452155
bandar tasik selatan alex lai 0192642539
william trial in salak south

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
maybe inline6's cousin plans to self-purchase those fluids, plugs & cleaner....

inline6

Sep 15, 2008
Thanks for the replies Bro...

Yes we plan to self-purchase and self-servic. As i normally do to my IS200.

And we are from Brunei actuly...

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
how do i really know if i'm lsd or not ? I dare not change the oil till now...
See Chassis Plate in engine bay. Under Axle you will see A01A,A01B or A02A,A02B or A03B) B denotes LSD. LSD is an option for Auto. Most manual have LSD.

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
I got that part , mine is A01B, but i don't get the bit where its mentioned ( Its an option for auto) <<---- what does this mean ? is it its vary even my axel number is lsd ? by the way , mine is an auto..

kurumaebi

Jul 11, 2008
helo guys,

usually how much it cost if i want to do throttle body clean only?

inline6

Sep 15, 2008
Gents,

I’ve done the work.

But wrt the ATF. Unplug and wait for several hours, we manage to drain 2.8 ltrs only. Than I refill it again with the same amount and the ATF level is ok. Emmm… wonder if there is another method to check the ATF level because from your advice the ATF needs 4ltrs.

We shift the gear to N position with the engine running on the flat level ground. Then check the inductor level. Is this correct?

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
See Chassis Plate in engine bay. Under Axle you will see A01A,A01B or A02A,A02B or A03B) B denotes LSD. LSD is an option for Auto. Most manual have LSD.
I got that part , mine is A01B, but i don't get the bit where its mentioned ( Its an option for auto) <<---- what does this mean ? is it its vary even my axel number is lsd ? by the way , mine is an auto..
i hv the same question too. vijay, do u mean even if the VIN plate indicates is A01B, its'
not necessary got LSD, right? cos my regular mech (which is quite well verse in toyota) told
me mine doesn't seem to hv LSD eventough i am having A01B .. :confused:
If want LSD, must change the whole rear axle (final drive) ? or can buy LSD and put in like that ?
sorry for the newbie question.

Gents,

I’ve done the work.

But wrt the ATF. Unplug and wait for several hours, we manage to drain 2.8 ltrs only. Than I refill it again with the same amount and the ATF level is ok. Emmm… wonder if there is another method to check the ATF level because from your advice the ATF needs 4ltrs.

We shift the gear to N position with the engine running on the flat level ground. Then check the inductor level. Is this correct?
what was the ATF level before you changed it (from the ATF dipstick) ?
maybe there's only 2.8~3 litre left in your tranny before u changed ?!!

inline6

Sep 15, 2008
almost at full mark on the Cold zone when i checked just after started the engine (early morning)

AE111_SEG

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2005
Putra Heights
Hi
If your chassis plate shows "B" then definitely there should be LSD.
Option I mean. For example manual 6MT has LSD as standard. For an Auto 5AT it is an option.
In Japan when you buy the new car you can specify if you want LSD or not.
They will allocate the car with B in chassis plate to you.

The factory makes some batches with LSD and some without. Depending on the buyer
if they want LSD or not. The car will be allocated accordingly.

"B" denotes Torsen LSD made by Zexel Inc.

Same goes for TRC ( Traction control) . It is a option for Auto 5AT.

Wfan.... your case not sure why your axle dont have LSD. It should have.:confused:

TRDtezza

Known Member
Oct 15, 2009
Sabah
mine is a B , but when i rotate the tyres , they spin on different direction , the mech said its a non-lsd and put a non-lsd oil in it ... please clarify before i blew up my axle!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello all sifus,

Im just wondering which is actually better? I mean the pros and cons and cost. My ride is a 408 Turbo.

And also, usually at which stage to do these? Im asking this is because, lets say, i do it now. Then later i change my downpipe and exhaust, or even change a mushroom or a new turbo kit, will it have a affect the remap or piggyback?

Thank you guys.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience