My wira overheating

bongweeyap

Known Member
Sifu, sifu and taiko taiko.
i m driving Wira 1.5 manual yr 2000 (Original).
lately i had encounter the overheating with my car.
when i travel at 100km/h constant speed for 15 min with aircond, then the temperature start to increase.
The radiator fan is funtioning.
i have clean my radiator, replace all the water hoses and i took off the thermostat.
now i still facing the same problem.:bawling::bawling:
now i start suspect either one of injector, fuel pump or O2 sensor already faulty.
cox if the car run in lean condition, it will be very hot in the combustion chamber.
that why the themperature increases.
Some foremen told me the the head gasket bocor already. and ask me to do mtop overhaul.
Now i also don't know what to do ledi.
Any sifu sifu can help me to solve this problem arrr????? :adore::adore:

but my radiator cap go no leaking.what u mean is to change to high pressure izit?

not really...suspecting gasket issues too...

the serious extent of gasket leaking is that oil will mix with the water..

try to monitor the water level for a period of time..if it decreases quite a bit..means most likely gasket kong or leaking...

i had monitor the water level, for past few days, the water level stay the same.
will it be the fuel delivery line problem?delivery less fule into engin?

DJgErM
That mean i need ro do top overhaul rite? did u ever encounter this kind of proble?

no, just get a new 1 1st...it doesnt costs much..bout rm10-15...
cos maybe your old radiator cap spring kong already...
when u look at it might be ok, but actually its not.

Bro,
Just serviced my radiator. What I've learnt is that the water mixing ratio to coolant is 50:50. It's not 1 bottle of coolant for the entire radiator and spare water tank.
What I'm trying to say is if you need about 4litres of water for optimum water circulation from spare water tank to radiator through the engine and back to the radiator, 2litres of the liquid in the radiator must be coolant.

But since you say, the water level isn't decreasing drastically over time, I don't think there's a leak either.

Just my 2cents

thanks Rex551
i will try to pour more coolant
now i found out that , the spare tank water level will increase instead decrease:hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm::hmmmm:
and i rev my car, i noctice that the spare water tank got bubble.
and the foreman keep saying that the buble comes from cylinder head due to gasket leaking.

if that case...

u should try change new radiator cap and make sure there is no rust/debris clogged at the radiator cap surface...

and then test again...

if same bubles appears into the spare tank big possibility your gasket "fried" oledi...

It happened to me too..eng overheated,the problem caused by the small broken radiator cap..so better try to change with a new one..

bro ghostz32
i just want confirm that the radiator cap is the metal one rite?
not the riadiator cover with is black colour one rite?

bro pomen GTR
i m opne up raidator cap, very clean, no rusty or coklat color.

if just change the head gasket will it solve the problem?:hmmmm::hmmmm:
cox my pomen ask me to TRY FIRST to do top overhaul.
i scare later spend money and the problem still there:bawling::bawling:

radiator cap..
5167242856.jpg

Overheated causes by
1. CAP RADIATOR/RADIATOR BOCOR
2. RADIATOR MOTOR
3. RADIATOR FAN
4. WATER PUMP
5. THERMOSTAT
6. HOS RADIATOR BOCOR/XKETAT

Hope it solve yur problem..no need to do top overhaul..counter checked yur problem specifically first :proud:

now my stock cap is 0.9 bar.
can i change to 1.3 bar?
will help??
and my concenr is will the radiator take the pressure?
sif sifu help help:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::adore::adore::adore::adore:

just use back 0.9 bar....
if u have boiling water in your reserve tank, your water pump might be at fault too.....
it will only be 2 option, 1st, change your radiator cap, if problem still persists, change your water pump. top overhaul only if u have engine oil leaking.

bro ghostz32
i just want confirm that the radiator cap is the metal one rite?
not the riadiator cover with is black colour one rite?

bro pomen GTR
i m opne up raidator cap, very clean, no rusty or coklat color.

if just change the head gasket will it solve the problem?:hmmmm::hmmmm:
cox my pomen ask me to TRY FIRST to do top overhaul.
i scare later spend money and the problem still there:bawling::bawling:

actually change head gasket=top overhauls....

but maybe thats the last thing u want to do....better check trouble source suggested by ghost first....

got 1 question to ask u bongweeyap....when was the last time u flushed yr whole water system? especially the water lines in the engine? i had same problem and after i did a full cleaning never overheat for the past 2 years. only costs u about rm200+ to wash whole ssytem and with detergent summore...will get rid of rust n whatever residue in the engine so water will flow easily. the radiator did they dismantle n wash the tubes seperately? very important also...

wah, rm200 ah?
or u could diy, get 1 bottle of engine cooling system flush, do it when your engine is cold, pour 1 bottle into your radiator, let the engine run bout 10mins, after that let it cool down & drain the water using the plug below your radiator.......then open the radiator cap & stuck the water hose there.....turn on your engine again & let the water run through your system for 5-7mins. u could do it frequently.....i flush my cooling once every 2 mths.

yea..i agree with pomen bro saying that Top overhaul is last resort..

better check water pump, radiator cap...all the hose and radiator itself whether is there any blockages.

but even with a normal working engine, you rev and the water will have some sort of pulse one...

bongweeyap bro...is the bubble alot?

usually after flushing and adding back water and coolant..i will let the engine run for awhile to let all air jackets circulate out from the radiator..

Danz...that place i go to...they have that special high pressure circulating machine...they plug the machine direct to the engine water in n out then flush with high pressure for about half hour till 1 hour depends on how dirty...then the radiator will take out n wash the internal by hand...

i tried the wash while radiator still on but didnt work..too much rust n clogging so water pressure not high enough to clean up the clogging. no regrets spent on the rm200...really happy with results. 2 years + no need to worry about radiator water dirty aredy hehehhe

bongweeyap...wat DJgErM is true. no need go to extremes yet. do the simple things first then oni if kenot go for other methods...things to check for like DJgErM say...water got bubbles? if got air in the system will cause temp go up when rev...mine was cos clogged with rust so when travelling on hiway will cause the temp to go up...when in town area temp normal

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom