Mivec Blacktop vs Silvertop

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
hi hi good day to all.
i also using mivec manual blacktop istall to my ride 4 years back so far so good and the fuel comsumption are good to rm 50 can run 255 to 260km.oh ya my ride are iswara sedan formally are 1.3 manual. i will suggest to u mivec 4G92, half cut now around rm 7000.00 go window shopping at all kedai potong la.all the best in 2009.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
can i convert my 4g92 soch to doch?what is the minimum modification?:driver:
Let me guess...
cheaper modification would be 4g91 doch top & ECU
wiring could be the same...I guess:hmmmm:

Is ur 4g92 auto...?then manual should be better to perform...

Better performance u can get a GSR top & modify it as NA bcoz the valve material are better & size are bigger...but consider also the fuel consumption.
Wiring wise I can't provide any info...but as i know just thru air-flow sensing sys.

MIVEC is a bit diff.
It's using MAP ECU...
The whole ECU wiring to the throttle body & Mivec sensor are diff...Also difficult to get...
Better take h/cut bcoz it include hi compression piston & alloy block(if im not mistaken)...

:listen: Sifu-sifu, correct me if i'm wrong

mrafif

Known Member
Mar 1, 2007
can i put this mivec on gen2? 1.3 stock already makes me start crying..

awalwah

Jan 24, 2009
I'm with Mivec also. But not sure is it Black Top or others. One mech said mine is blacktop. what wire u are refering to, 2 wires and 4 wires. Can someone clarify.:confused:

AXXeLL

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Subang
Visit site
Hello friends, just to add in some info:

Mivec only comes with 1.6L and 2.0L. The Blacktop or RS you call comes from Mitsubishi Cyborg (the satria look alike), and the Silvertop comes from Mitsubishi Lancer. Therefore, the Cyborg was planned to be a performance car therefore its ecu and engine components have been tuned up, compared to its brother the Silvertop from Lancer which is ment for a family sedan car.

The Mivec 2.0 on the other hand comes from the Mitsubishi FTO... enuf said...

and for those of you out there who claim to have seen a Mivec 1.8, well thats never original from the factory. Thats considered as Engine Rojak .. they play alittle with the Header and Block... and they call it Mivec 1.8...

so there you go, my little input... if 'm wrong with my info, please do correct me. Thank You.

Last edited:

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
My MV is black top but 4 wires, but definitely not MD...:biggrin:

Bro Awalwal, they are talking about the wires on the left hand side of your engine cover.
Btw, only Mitsu-NA Enthusiast will enjoy mivec i believe due its limitation on after market part, so before you convert, please think twice... personall i feel that the power is just nice only...

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
I'm with Mivec also. But not sure is it Black Top or others. One mech said mine is blacktop. what wire u are refering to, 2 wires and 4 wires. Can someone clarify.:confused:
Read he 1st page state clearly!!!

Is it MD will only found on CK model(generation2)?

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
nope, mivec md also available in gen 1... this is what the kedai potong told me...

awalwah

Jan 24, 2009
Sorry all Bro, just wanna ask, a bit out of thread topic abit.
I installed Stormberge on my plug cables, Now they are kaput already as many years of usage(wear and tear) So any one know where can I get the orignal MIVEC plug cable. I searched many Half Cut shop around KL but not available.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Sorry all Bro, just wanna ask, a bit out of thread topic abit.
I installed Stormberge on my plug cables, Now they are kaput already as many years of usage(wear and tear) So any one know where can I get the orignal MIVEC plug cable. I searched many Half Cut shop around KL but not available.
Y not u use NGK?
RM450!!!

awalwah

Jan 24, 2009
Againt OT lagi seem we still in Mivec topic.

Lately my Mivec idling is not so smooth. RPM came down as low 600 rpm like the engine want to stop but it went back to 1000-1200 rpm. Any sifu know what is the problem? Some friends said it was the throtle body some said it just small idling switch behind the injectors....please help :confused:

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
Againt OT lagi seem we still in Mivec topic.

Lately my Mivec idling is not so smooth. RPM came down as low 600 rpm like the engine want to stop but it went back to 1000-1200 rpm. Any sifu know what is the problem? Some friends said it was the throtle body some said it just small idling switch behind the injectors....please help :confused:
Mine also he same...
u need to tune he air fuel ratio especially after switch on air-con...

try to srvice ur TB

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, would like to know more on how to mod my perodua viva. I know its a small car and you may be thinking why would I want to speed in a car like this. Well, basically I love modding cars. I want to take this as a learning process. So far these are the mods I have done:

1. Full exhaust system. 3-1 stainless steel extractor, 1.6" piping, bullet and s-flow muffler with exhaust tip.

2. AXT Cross drilled slotted disc rotor (OEM Size)

3. Ctech Front 2p Bar, 4p Front Lower Bar, Rear...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience