MiVEC ECU's on Proton Wira 1.6 sohc...

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
to all MIVEC sifus,

I need some info here... Proton 1.6 sohc's engine code is also the same like the mitsu mivec 1.6 rite... both are 4g92.. jus one sohc and the other ine is dohc...

so izzit the Ecu also the same???

if not then if i change Proton's ECU to a MIVEC one... can or not? after i change the proton one rite...will the proton run like a MIVEC?

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
so izzit the Ecu also the same??? --->>>NO

if not then if i change Proton's ECU to a MIVEC one... can or not? -->>>NO

after i change the proton one rite...will the proton run like a MIVEC?-->>DEFINITELY NO

antaras

Known Member
Aug 30, 2004
KL
Visit site
perhaps you should try to understand what is MIVEC before u want your proton to runs like a MIVEC... quite a few threads here. Surely you'll be very dissapointed with your current engine after u get to know MIVEC better... hahaha...

Doink

3,000 RPM
Aug 1, 2004
House
Visit site
brother if u think it is so easy as changing the ecu will get you the mivec equivalent engine,then why people want to buy the mivec halfcut for?rite?might as well just buy the ecu...

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
When the 'imaginary' MIVEC opens... your fueling will go super rich causing lost of power... coz ur car no high cams whut! Hehehe.... If ur car GOT high cams... then it'll be running super lean before the 'imaginary' MIVEC opens. hehehe...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
local 1.6 is sohc, and mivec is dohc, base on this, ur firing timing was totally out ...

if ur hv mivec top head + wiring.. then u can use ur mivec ecu into ur proton..

craziechild

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
Sarawak
boyzone said:
local 1.6 is sohc, and mivec is dohc, base on this, ur firing timing was totally out ...

if ur hv mivec top head + wiring.. then u can use ur mivec ecu into ur proton..
so you mean i the car runs like a mivec after i change the head and the wiring??? if not then what do i need again?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
mivec head, wiring and ecu ... then u can enjoy ur mivec system.

taqu

Known Member
Dec 17, 2004
Visit site
Changing ur stock 1.6 SOHC ECU to MIVEC will not turn ur engine into a MIVEC-like performance? Why? MIVEC engine is different that 1.6 SOHC engine, MIVEC ECU is tuned for MIVEC engine, 1.6 SOHC ECU is tuned for 1.6 SOHC engine, the mapping is totally different.

Imagine, a weakling and a warrior. If u take out the warrior's brain and put it into the weakling's head, will that make the weakling strong? No use having warrior's brain into weakling's head if the weakling's muscles are weak. Correct analogy?

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
taqu said:
Changing ur stock 1.6 SOHC ECU to MIVEC will not turn ur engine into a MIVEC-like performance? Why? MIVEC engine is different that 1.6 SOHC engine, MIVEC ECU is tuned for MIVEC engine, 1.6 SOHC ECU is tuned for 1.6 SOHC engine, the mapping is totally different.

Imagine, a weakling and a warrior. If u take out the warrior's brain and put it into the weakling's head, will that make the weakling strong? No use having warrior's brain into weakling's head if the weakling's muscles are weak. Correct analogy?
yup agree with u taqu
don think put in mivec ecu n ur car can rev higher n can gain more hp
if really can fit n not tune properly may coz ur car worse

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

as the above topic...can these be done???how much roughly the cost???can fit easily??
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience