Mirage Cyborg ZR with Evo Compatibility

BlueSamurai

Known Member
Jun 21, 2006
Hi

Just got on this part of the forums (Always been looking around in the Marketplace) and been reading thru abit. You guys seem very friendly and eager to help, so i thought i'll just post. Hope you guys can give me some sound advice, i am in abit of a dilemma.

I am currently driving a 1996 Mitsubishit Colt, Chassis designation CJ4A, one generation newer than the Satrias generation of Colts. Its not really a Mirage Cyborg ZR, as mine is running the single cam 4G92.

Now my car is bone stock, and i am exploring the idea of building a fun FF car to drive. In time to come, i might drop in a 4G92 Dohc Mivec. But now i am more interested in chassis footwork and suspension upgrades over power. Anyway right now, i am rocking a SOHC 4G92 with an auto box; how pathetic is that?

My friend has Evo3 arms and crossmember and ARBs and such in his GSR-ed Satria GTi. Yes, he has Tein HAs and it handles like a dream. Point and shoot, literally. I am very very much impressed. So i am inclined to the theory that the beefier Evo arms really makes a difference in handling.

That is exactly the same thing i want to do to my car; beefier Evo undercarriage components for my Colt. I am under the impression the ones from Evo 4,5 and 6 will fit my car, @ least for the front. Evo 3 rear arms are a direct bolt on for the rear, no question.

But i do have a few ???, namely

1. I have heard that Evo4,5,6 arms are exactly the same, even same length, save for the fact that 5&6 arms are constructed of an aluminum alloy, so they are lighter and stronger. how true is that?

2. will they fit my car? Seriously. If they do, how much of a hassle is it, to make them fit?

3. Can i still use my current stock brake setup, which includes keeping my 4x100 pcd, with above mentioned upgrades? I wouldnt want to go with evo brakes and 5 lugs @ this point, as i am rocking on 14 inch steel rims, but i am thinking of going up to 15 inch alloy rims, or even changing to 4x114.3 because alot of classic japanese rims are this bolt pattern. I love classic rims. Or do i die die have to convert to Evo knuckles and hubs, brakes and 5 lug pcd, the works?

4. Is it viable? Is it worth doing? I can say all i want about Evo chassis components being better because my friend has them on his car and i have tried it 1st hand but it could very well be a psychological effect on myself.

5. Evo3 front ARB mountings are on the struts. What about the rear? Are they on the struts too, or on the arms? Where are the ARB mountings on the Evo4,5 and 6?

6. Are modifications required to put the arms on? Or are they a simply bolt on affair?

Would appreciate the help and advice you guys can offer me! Many thanks!!

Cheers
Wayn

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

TOKYO, Japan, October 18, 2007–Honda Motor Co., Ltd. announced plans to begin sales in Japan of the all-new, completely redesigned Honda Fit on Friday, October 26, 2007. The Fit has gained popularity as a small car that features outstanding packaging, excellent fuel economy, and advanced styling.</p><p>The second-generation Fit was developed following the tradition of Honda’s man maximum, machine minimum concept...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience