Jasma 4g13 cam shaft

ap3xi

Known Member
Apr 8, 2005
wah...in my days with 4g13p rm400 bucks i can buy only k&n filter and cleaning kit. Those days high cam was like 2-3k. This is just my thoughts, good and RELIABLE things wont be cheap.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
wah...in my days with 4g13p rm400 bucks i can buy only k&n filter and cleaning kit. Those days high cam was like 2-3k. This is just my thoughts, good and RELIABLE things wont be cheap.
now the cost of producing parts are cheaper compare to last time... china n taiwan got cheap labor maa...

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
dun buy cheap ones laaaa, later the shaft canot tahan and god knows what happen to ur engine. cams are important moving parts of the engine and reasonably expensive for reasons.

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
now the cost of producing parts are cheaper compare to last time... china n taiwan got cheap labor maa...
Taiwan living standard is higher then us how can they afford to have cheaper labor ??????

China no more cheap labor oridy, they go cheap through mass production only.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Haha then to whoever cant pay for damage, dont mod it until someone else does...

Thats murphy's law: Whatever can go wrong will go wrong :bawling:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
imho, highcams should be the last thing to add since its not cheap. porting the head, ligthened the flywheel, skim engine head off 1mm, lightened crank pulley and bigger fuel pump....all these already give alot power gains.....and all these is prolly same price with a new cam. since sohc has good low end torque n respond, do these first (stage one mods)

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
imho, highcams should be the last thing to add since its not cheap. porting the head, ligthened the flywheel, skim engine head off 1mm, lightened crank pulley and bigger fuel pump....all these already give alot power gains.....and all these is prolly same price with a new cam. since sohc has good low end torque n respond, do these first (stage one mods)
Haha I'd normally agree but tonight I feel like going into a detailed discussion :proud:

Since the engine is already small right, I would try and get the power out of it first without losing and momentum a.k.a lightening the parts... after all theyre just a few grams off right?

Imo i'll probably do it in something like this:

1. Skim the head + Porting + Cams and cam pulley. After all youre going to take the head out, might as well install everything when its out right? :idea: Im not sure about labour charges if you take it out twice to get it skimmed and ported.

2. Then after im done with this, i'll leave the flywheel be UNTIL I need to change my clutch or gatal tangan hahahaha :biggrin:.

3. The crank pulley can be installed anytime, so its whenever I feel like go install lah :burnout:

How much weight difference are aftermarket cam gears VS the ori's anyway?

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
again n again n again n again, who said lightening flywheel and lcp will lose momentum ? better personally to test drive a fully lightened moving parts engine mods, before saying losing momentum....

sigh.......-_- gimme a break

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
again n again n again n again, who said lightening flywheel and lcp will lose momentum ? better personally to test drive a fully lightened moving parts engine mods, before saying losing momentum....

agreed bro..tested toda lightened flywheel on b16..response super increase..the rev climb even faster...lose momentum??unless you climb mountain touge everyday...hehe..

---------- Post added at 05:09 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:58 AM ----------

Haha I'd normally agree but tonight I feel like going into a detailed discussion :proud:

Since the engine is already small right, I would try and get the power out of it first without losing and momentum a.k.a lightening the parts... after all theyre just a few grams off right?

Imo i'll probably do it in something like this:

1. Skim the head + Porting + Cams and cam pulley. After all youre going to take the head out, might as well install everything when its out right? :idea: Im not sure about labour charges if you take it out twice to get it skimmed and ported.

2. Then after im done with this, i'll leave the flywheel be UNTIL I need to change my clutch or gatal tangan hahahaha :biggrin:.

3. The crank pulley can be installed anytime, so its whenever I feel like go install lah :burnout:

How much weight difference are aftermarket cam gears VS the ori's anyway?
hehe..skimmed and ported set you back around RM500-1000 de..depends on what you aiming for.some people opt for test bench flow bla3...hehe...i dun dare ask the cost also..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
IMO, there is no such thing as last mod... :driver::driver:

nurburing

Known Member
Feb 21, 2010
Penang
ligthen alot lor.....my brother, hehehehe....

each pulleys is lightened, like comparing pebbles with a few loaves of bread....thing is oem doesnt make lcp coz they are high costs !

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
hehe..if really gile lightened...den pasang lcp, flywheel also not enough la..must pull out interior, exterior, den driver butt/weight must be able to fit into tight bucket seat..baru really lightened lor...hehehe...

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J

Well I was just saying right? I've never driven a 1.3 or 1.5 saga with skimmed flywheel so im just guessing :hmmmm: And what you mean " again n again n again n again", you didnt mention that nor did anyone what. Chill lah, not everyone is a mod king like you are. I've always had the idea that a below 1600cc engine if you skim the flywheel its going to lose momentum but gain speed faster also...

With a skimmed flywheel, how much weight do you lose anyway? Im no expert in this, soooo yeah I was just saying my own point of view lah :stupid:

Last edited:

mirage-rs

Known Member
Jul 2, 2010
Kajang
touger.wordpress.com
ahhh.... feel like giving feedback about this product after using this cam for 3yrs already... touge abuse & other abuse.... so far so good... bought from skywalker... :proud:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As stated at the title... For Perdana owner, worry no more... Here's a simple diy to replace the burned out bulb inside your fog light switch and it just only cost about 40cents...

Sorry for blurry pictures (taken using my camera phone only:embaressed_smile: )

Here is the link http://kruger.fotopic.net/c976455.html
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience