is the new swift a good buy?

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
hi there,
im thinking of getting a suzuki swift..but for the price of rm84k its rather steep..do u think its a good choice?
thanks

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
i think its a great choice for a performance hatch. a better choice than a Jazz/Fit IMHO. not ideal in rear cabin space, if you don't ferry people that often i think its perfect. its a bargain compared to the Jazz/Fit.

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
I am getting my Swift soon. I think it is a great hatchback. A lil short of space behind but the package it offers is just irresistible. Some advice me to go for the Vios for that price but hey, I love the looks and also what it has to offer. So, I'll still go for the Swift anytime.

For RM84K it comes with EPS, dual air bags, ABS with EBD, BA, immobilizer, 15" alloy, dual climatic aircond, an information display monitor, and more importantly, it comes with good looks.

It looks like a Mini coupled with headlamps similar to those from the Nissan Fairlady. I don't know about you guys but the headlamps look slightly like the Fairlady's.

Not to forget, it comes with a powerful 1.5L VVT engine as well. For a hatchback, it's pretty powerful. Not to be fooled by its small looks, it's kerb weight is at 1050kg. ;)

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
thanks for giving such a convincing advice..i guess theres no much doubt left in me getting this car hehe..will be buying next month i guess..06 car ..hopefully able to get a cool black!

astalavista..what colour are u choosing? is the wait long?

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
astalavista, BA stands for?
there's this version tat comes with a bodykit and 16'inch wheels.. it costs a cool 10k more..
but the bigger wheels look gorgeous.. anyone knows how much ONLY the wheels cost?

qencing

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
just wcomment bout the wait.... i placed my booking more than 2 months ago..
til now still have not receive the car yet. but will b out soon i think..
cuz b4 this the AP made all imported cars stuck.
now ive seen loads of swifts at the showrooms around town.. so wouldnt be a prop
if u place ur booking next year..
good luck in ur purcase..
n also b4 this the price oni RM82K.. ap prop increase 2K..

alien

2,000 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
kuala lumpur
Visit site
when i 1st quote the price..it was 79,999... but tat was when it was juz launched..
84k.. shud be around tat figure now i guess..

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Grimster said:
thanks for giving such a convincing advice..i guess theres no much doubt left in me getting this car hehe..will be buying next month i guess..06 car ..hopefully able to get a cool black!

astalavista..what colour are u choosing? is the wait long?
I am based in Kuching, Sarawak and I chose the blue colour. The latest batch coming to Kuching is only red and blue. The blacks and silvers will come in the next shipment.

BTW, since I am based in Kuching and the order isn't that much compared to KL, my wait ain't that long. I get the car instantly. I booked end of last month and I am getting it in these few days. :)

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
alien said:
astalavista, BA stands for?
there's this version tat comes with a bodykit and 16'inch wheels.. it costs a cool 10k more..
but the bigger wheels look gorgeous.. anyone knows how much ONLY the wheels cost?
BA = Brake Assist.

Yes, there is another version but I am not sure what the hype is all about. I know there are a few limited edition Swifts in white but those will only be out early next year, I reckon.

The Swift Sports is coming to Malaysia if I am not mistaken and those come with 1.6L engine generating about 125hp and it comes with 16" wheels if I am not mistaken.

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
alien said:
when i 1st quote the price..it was 79,999... but tat was when it was juz launched..
84k.. shud be around tat figure now i guess..
Yes, Suzuki Malaysia has just announced a price hike recently by about RM2K, hence the increase to RM84K. :)

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
well about the wait..the agent told me i would be able to get it before cny if i were to book in this 2 weeks..still doubting his words though..:frown:

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Grimster said:
well about the wait..the agent told me i would be able to get it before cny if i were to book in this 2 weeks..still doubting his words though..:frown:
He might be right, if he is not cheating though. The AP problem has been resolved and the cars are slowly being dispatched to showrooms now, so he might be right. Again, that is provided he is telling the truth. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Its a wonderful & bundle of joy when we collect our keys for our new rides

upon collecting your new babe home

My buddy had in mind to gives his investment a coating for protection

appointment were make and

upon inspection ....under a halogen lamp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience