is the new swift a good buy?

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
kinki_kidz® said:
swifters had tried to put sound insulation layer between that
probably u could too try that.. but i dont know how la
the whole rooftop layer is sticked to the metal part..i dont know how they rip it apart

www.swiftclubmalaysia.com :D
Hmm, I would love to but then right now I don't think I will wanna do any modifications to the car since it's still brand new. I also wouldn't wanna void the 3 years warranty right? LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the opinion. I actually thought they solved the rooftop complaint for this batch. Apparently, they have not. haha.

twyan

Feb 7, 2005
hmm....i actually also considering this car...but wondering how spacious this car could be...

astalavista_baby, u got the lenght and width of this car? mind to post it here...

Booost

Known Member
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
hmmm...this swift sounds like a good car to me. im planning to get one as well by next year. probably after CNY! anyone know the difference between the swift and vios?im considering this 2 coz they costs about the same. and wat if i plan to carry 4 including driver, how will the swift perform compare to vios?? sifus help help.....

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
twyan said:
hmm....i actually also considering this car...but wondering how spacious this car could be...

astalavista_baby, u got the lenght and width of this car? mind to post it here...
These were taken from the brochure:

Overall length: 3,695mm
Overall width: 1,690mm
Overall height: 1,510mm
Wheelbase: 2,390mm

I don't have the interior dimensions though. :D

For the complaints I have, please read my previous posts. :)

Size wise, don't hope for too much space as a compact hatchback wasn't made to be spacious in the first place.

To ferry 4 fullsize adults would be just fine but I have to tell you that the headroom is a little shorter at the back but is just fine for the front passengers.

To carry 5 adults is a little bit squeezy but would do just fine with 3 small size adults at the back.

Luggage space is a tad bit too little but can carry up to 4-5 small luggages. Fold the back sits up and you get enough space but you end up ferrying 2 person only. :)

Like I said, the shocks are too loud for my liking and also the rooftop needs more insulation. The other thing is the car feels like there are some things lose in it. I am not too sure what it is. I'll bring it out for checking to see if it's normal. Other than that I am loving it. :D

Last edited:

twyan

Feb 7, 2005
astalavista_baby,

thanx for the info, after refer to the dimension, it seems that this car is same width and height with city and vios....not big diff la....but just bout 700mm shorter....

one more thing i am wondering is the Hu of this car....is it it fixed in the dash board and cant be remove easily lik other car....cos i have onli gone thru web page to have a quick look at the interior and this is wat i can see....

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
twyan said:
astalavista_baby,

thanx for the info, after refer to the dimension, it seems that this car is same width and height with city and vios....not big diff la....but just bout 700mm shorter....

one more thing i am wondering is the Hu of this car....is it it fixed in the dash board and cant be remove easily lik other car....cos i have onli gone thru web page to have a quick look at the interior and this is wat i can see....
It's definitely shorter that the City and Vios because it's a hatchback. It doesn't have a trunk. lol.

HU as in Head Unit for the Radio/CD Player? Well, it's a built in Clarion unit. Note that there is no cassette player though. Only a single CD player with 6 speaker system. 2 front, 2 rear and 2 tweeters on the inner part of the side mirrors. Sound quality is above average. Definitely better than the MyVi's as it has bass and treble control but I still prefer the Waja's sound system. It has more bass. Basically, if you're used to Proton's HU, you shouldn't have a problem with this one.

twyan

Feb 7, 2005
but...but....i am using eclipse Hu...wat i am thinking is to remove the Ori HU in swift and put in my Eclipse... thats y i am wondering is the Hu in this car can be change easily or just lik the one in mazda 6...which is totally in the dashboard....

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
twyan said:
but...but....i am using eclipse Hu...wat i am thinking is to remove the Ori HU in swift and put in my Eclipse... thats y i am wondering is the Hu in this car can be change easily or just lik the one in mazda 6...which is totally in the dashboard....
It's totally in the dash board. I am not too sure if you can remove the built in one and replace it with your Eclipse. Perhaps you can take off the whole unit and find a bracket (if there is one in the market) which you can fit with your Eclipse and plug the whole bracket back to the dash board.

I am not too sure though. Perhaps you might wanna ask the sifus around at the Swift Club. :D

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Sorry for digging this thread up again. I have just reviewed the Swift on my blog. Although not too comprehensive, it's kinda lengthy. I hope the article can help those who are still deciding on whether to get the Swift or not. :)

BTW, do leave comments if you have any for that article.

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
twyan said:
yes the HU in the dashboard can be removed and exhanged with an alternative
HU bracket which cost around sg77..bad part is need to get it from sg..

an example is this ..taken from http://swiftclubmalaysia.com

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
astalavista_baby said:
Sorry for digging this thread up again. I have just reviewed the Swift on my blog. Although not too comprehensive, it's kinda lengthy. I hope the article can help those who are still deciding on whether to get the Swift or not. :)

BTW, do leave comments if you have any for that article.
dude, will love to read ur blog..but wheres the link? :confused_smile:

thanks

qencing

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
Subang Jaya
Visit site
astalavista_baby said:
Good luck my friend. I have just gotten mine yesterday. Overall, its a good car to drive. My complaint is that the car might be a lil noisy on the roof top when it rains because it feels empty. The other thing is when it goes through extremely bumpy areas, the shocks are a lil noisy as well but the car is damn quiet when cruising and when going through slight bumps.

I will think of more complaints later on but this is all I can think of at the moment. Other than that, I am loving the car.:D

i got my car on less than a week ago... after a long 3 months wait...
just wanna add on the sound when ging thru bumpy roads...
my car feels like a bmw 3s... (super smooth n no loud noice)
all my friends say the same thing...
i think u should get urs checked...
my oni prop on the car is the head n fog lights seems to have a leak..
got a lil dense moisture in the headlight..
comlained edi n will be replaced wit new 1 in this week
n also the rain sound... that a bit potong to say la...
other that that no prop..

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
qencing said:
i got my car on less than a week ago... after a long 3 months wait...
just wanna add on the sound when ging thru bumpy roads...
my car feels like a bmw 3s... (super smooth n no loud noice)
all my friends say the same thing...
i think u should get urs checked...
my oni prop on the car is the head n fog lights seems to have a leak..
got a lil dense moisture in the headlight..
comlained edi n will be replaced wit new 1 in this week
n also the rain sound... that a bit potong to say la...
other that that no prop..
Hmm, I am not sure about your batch but as far as mine and the older batches are concerned, the shocks have always been a little loud. Even reviewers are saying that. It's like the thud sound when going through bumpy area is kinda loud, say compared to a Toyota.

Anyway, I'll have mine checked. I don't mind paying a lil extra if they can do something to reduce the noise. :)

As for your headlights, determine if it's really water that got in or is it just some water vapour. Water vapour can appear in the lamp due to difference in temparature both inside and outside the lamp, causing condensation. If it is really water getting in, see if they can fix it.

Last edited:

Grimster

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
Visit site
guys just to inform that i have gotten my grey swift and i must say its a real nice ride..so far do not have any complains on it..except for some cosmetic defect at the passenger's air bag cover and also the stock tyres are a tad oud and bumpy for my choice..had reduced the pressure slightly from the recommended pressure..

all in all..im luvin it! thanks for all the help given by u guys to make my choice :proud:

astalavista_baby

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Grimster said:
guys just to inform that i have gotten my grey swift and i must say its a real nice ride..so far do not have any complains on it..except for some cosmetic defect at the passenger's air bag cover and also the stock tyres are a tad oud and bumpy for my choice..had reduced the pressure slightly from the recommended pressure..

all in all..im luvin it! thanks for all the help given by u guys to make my choice :proud:
Yea, it looks defective, I mean the passenger side airbag cover. Upon closely scrutinizing the passenger airbag on the MyVi, it has the same cosmetic defect. Perhaps choice of material used?

Yea, and it's a little loud when going through bumps. It's not bumpy though. It dampens out on the bumps pretty nicely. Perhaps its due to the suspension system. It's too soft for my liking at it gets bumpy when I go through very rough surfaces at high speeds. Get yourself the sports suspension from Suzuki Malaysia but they are selling it at somewhere RM 4.5K if I am not mistaken. Check it out with them. :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

the title juz to attract people...hehhe i juz wanna ask you guys... what to do with my nissan 280z fairlady car... maybe bodykits, performance blablabla... undercar neon.. anything u think that will make my car goes boom!!! here a screen shot of my car.. stock hehe

im at kelantan.. if u guys can help... owh. i wanna noe the pricing of anything u said too... :) thanks for helping in advance...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience