is it worth it??

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Dear all,

i ll turbocharge my ride next year, now i got a offer from a reputable dealer, not very familiar with it but he taught me a lot of car mod knowledge, he himself is regular racer in sepang.

1. Skyline intercooler ( dunno is 32/33/34 ) = rm700
2. Tial 48mm wastegate = rm1100
3. HKS type s bov = rm350

all item above is used part, but original item, shall i go for it?

I m using D2 racing suspension now, good handling but too stiff for daily use... is it all adjustable is stiff? pls recommend me a nice suspension set with good handling and not too stiff feel... thx

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
Dear all,

i ll turbocharge my ride next year, now i got a offer from a reputable dealer, not very familiar with it but he taught me a lot of car mod knowledge, he himself is regular racer in sepang.

1. Skyline intercooler ( dunno is 32/33/34 ) = rm700
2. Tial 48mm wastegate = rm1100
3. HKS type s bov = rm350

all item above is used part, but original item, shall i go for it?
Turbocharge your N/A engine rite?

I think Intercooler and Wastegate size is too big.

VR4 size is biggest you can go without too much lag for BOT.

External Wastegate is overkill for BOT. But if you insist, 35 or 38mm is more suitable than 48mm.

RM1,100 for 48mm is quite good price because 38 is about RM950.

And RM700 got Skyline i/c also good price.

khoyos

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2003
Shah Alam
tial 48mm if brand new rm1100 awfully cheap. make sure original made in USA. skyline intercooler rm700 also too cheap. make sure GTR, instead of GT-T.
GT-T (RB25) intercooler is worthless.

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro vagabond, my ride is wira, already converted mivec last year, i m not intend to go for 1.8 kit cos stroke too long, cost not cheap, i would rather invest it in better turbine. Previously my plan was 3037+E6X, but found that wira + big HP is danger and cant fully utilize the hp, and also this car meant for daily use, ll not upgrade again... so now is 2835/71/76+ e-manage, cheaper and good response...

Bro khoyos, the wastegate is used item, according to the owner he bought it for 2k+, and thanks for the info abt skyline i/c, i ll make sure the one i buy is GTR not GTT.

Bro Joker, the owner said that skyline i/c is not that thick compare to local/thai/china made i/c but the cooling effect is better so can minimize the lag problem. As for the wastegate, previously eyeing for thai made 38mm, yet the owner said that 48mm can ensure safety and more reliable.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
48mm is too big le......how high of boost u wanna achieve with such big wastegate?

btw, mivec is good enuf wat..y still need to BOT it? and its for daily use....i dun think its a right choice...

btw, its just my 2cent

corect me if im wrong

Last edited:

whatdamn

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
Cheras, KL, Mal
zac,
pls do not have the misconception that all adjustable shocks are stiff/bumpy. BUT it is true that the majority of people who in a sense 'upgrade' if you will, to adjustable shocks is because they want better handling and usually the shocks/springs used in low to mid-range priced vehicles are less than adequate when it comes to the handling aspect.

which is why most adjustable solutions come with a stiffer spring but damping might still be similar to the original spec'd by the car's manufacturer.

ryuichi

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Visit site
I m using D2 racing suspension now, good handling but too stiff for daily use... is it all adjustable is stiff? pls recommend me a nice suspension set with good handling and not too stiff feel... thx
bro,
my fren is using D2 adjustable on his wira oso......he said no prob so far...can adjust the stiffness whenever he want whether he's going for track or daily use.....

Joeker,
wei.....how's ur ke going on.....?
Drift like no body business now it seems.....
Mayb will ask naka bout it...he say he still remember when u do it with FF for the roudabout le......

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
anybody has experience with "Tein + EDFC" ? i'm curious of how efficient the EDFC is.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
anybody has experience with "Tein + EDFC" ? i'm curious of how efficient the EDFC is.
what do u mean by that bro?edfc is a device to adjust ur suspension
damping force.it got nothing to do with the suspension at all
beside making u ez to adj it without poping up ur hood.that's all.:biggrin:

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Bro vagabond, my ride is wira, already converted mivec last year, i m not intend to go for 1.8 kit cos stroke too long, cost not cheap, i would rather invest it in better turbine. Previously my plan was 3037+E6X, but found that wira + big HP is danger and cant fully utilize the hp, and also this car meant for daily use, ll not upgrade again... so now is 2835/71/76+ e-manage, cheaper and good response...

Bro khoyos, the wastegate is used item, according to the owner he bought it for 2k+, and thanks for the info abt skyline i/c, i ll make sure the one i buy is GTR not GTT.

Bro Joker, the owner said that skyline i/c is not that thick compare to local/thai/china made i/c but the cooling effect is better so can minimize the lag problem. As for the wastegate, previously eyeing for thai made 38mm, yet the owner said that 48mm can ensure safety and more reliable.
with that cash , i would seriously put my money on a brand new TIAL 38mm, 38mm's are even used on cars till 500hp la bro , and 3037 is a good way to go actually , nah , dnt hear from ppl saying high hp not good n all , ur feet is one controlling it , and u can boost low on a 3037 around 1bar to enjoy its power , if u get bored u can upboost it. and a gtr intercooler is an overkill , it will look cool for ur front bumper, bt a evo7,8 intercooler would be the one la bro :) , 3037 is a good turbo for daily use , lag would nt be a big issue also since its a ballbearing n bear in mind u r runing a 1.6 :)

zac

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2007
Johor Bahru
Bro Huakenny,

Erm, mivec is really not bad ( but some civic kaki always mock at mivec, and NA mivec difficult to fight NA vtec, so... : ) ). I ll boost at 1.5 most for 2876, app 350+ hp...

Bro ryuichi,

My D2 suspension is racing spec (i think is for evo ), both front and rear set to the softest, i think the front part of my ride is kinda ok, still can accept it... the problem occured on the rear one, it is too stiff and my butt is too light so its kinda bumpy... one day i fetch my gf and her fren from changi airport with fully loaded boot, surprisingly my car's butt deliver a smooth response, really nice... maybe i should invest some 15" woofer and amp in my boot : )

Bro jinkl,

Sigh : ( i also headache choosing a turbine cos price not much diff, reason y i give up 3037 is because if i were to use it, i gotta upgrade my chasis, gb, brake and cpu, if i choose 28, i dun need to give up my 15" TE37 which is my favourite, my current gb with racing clutch still can be use, and i only need bigger rotor and better pad to improve braking, and e6x around 5k+ minus emanage 2k+... and i also not intend to upgrade it anymore. maybe i m wrong at first place, pls give me some advice...

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
ohh , u r going for a 28 then i still say its a good choice ,
even with high hp u dont have to give up on ur te37
u only need good tyres like d01j :P heheheheh
even if u take the 28 , i doubt 350hp is achievable
first cos u r running a 1.6 mivec engine ,
second ur block is not strong n not meant for turbo
ur conrods will snap way b4 u reach even 300hp
pistons are not meant for high hp application
350hp on a 1.6 mivec engine is considered too high to achieve
unless u really spent on forged pistons , conrods , a stroker kit ,
high cams and other necessary mods which wont be any deal below 5k
and ur gb is also not meant for high hp application like the vr4's n evo's
evo 2,3 has twin synchro at 1st and 2nd gears , others dont
as far for cpu ecu upgrade , emanage for 2k is waste of money
i would rather buy a 2nd hand microtech/haltech or even a brandnew megasquirt which retails around 2k , squirt standalone ecu at 2k is already a gooodd deal , and if u r aiming high hp and big injectors , emanage will suffer to cope , 1.5bar with gt28 turbine will give sooo much more air flow
and bear in mind that MIVEC engine 4g92 runs on MAP sensor not MAF
im sure the standard MAP has to be thrown away for 1.5bar and i wonder
how the e-manage will cope with that.
as for braks , u just need a twin pot from evo's or vr4's , its more than enuff to hold u on , many ppl complain about the twin pots , bt they dnt realize they r using mintye , using some cheaper products for brakes,
just try something good , project u or endless n such , feel the diffrence

if standard engine , just minor block mods , 1.6 still , figures im seeing is 250 the most

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Don't you just love tuners? They take a relatively fast car, replace some parts, do some tuning work and turn it into some fire breathing monster that can easily take on some of the more established barons of speed. This is one fine example by Emotion Wheels. The German tuner usually only works with wheels and this is its second time branching out into the world of total...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience