Wira 1.5, SGTi absorbers, what spring?

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by scirocco@Feb 28 2005, 10:19
guys,
you can't use the gti springs on a wira as they were made for a car (the gti) that basically has most of its weight up front. of course the front would look higher.
in fact the gti shocks are not such a good idea too as the rears (again) are made for a hatchback and not a sedan.
best suggestion would be to use the front gti shocks & springs, and the rear 1.6 shocks and springs.
yes, that's a hard lesson that cost a bomb.

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
Originally posted by scirocco@Feb 28 2005, 10:19
guys,
you can't use the gti springs on a wira as they were made for a car (the gti) that basically has most of its weight up front. of course the front would look higher.
in fact the gti shocks are not such a good idea too as the rears (again) are made for a hatchback and not a sedan.
best suggestion would be to use the front gti shocks & springs, and the rear 1.6 shocks and springs.
bro if i m not mistaken if u buy the oem absorbers n spring, the 1.6 n 1.8 uses the same spring n absorbers.. so i think thats no diff .. basically u r using bac the same stuff......
correct me guys if i m wrong

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by awsyeow+Mar 3 2005, 16:45 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (awsyeow @ Mar 3 2005, 16:45 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-scirocco@Feb 28 2005, 10:19
guys,
bro if i m not mistaken if u buy the oem absorbers n spring, the 1.6 n 1.8 uses the same spring n absorbers.. so i think thats no diff .. basically u r using bac the same stuff......
correct me guys if i m wrong [/b][/quote]
no you are wrong.

that's the correction. :lol:

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
drex chan = cock talker :P
jus kidding dude.....
where u from.... i m from perak but currently studying in melaka

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
haha!! nevermind.. once a while i am Mr. Toh Kin Kok (talking cock)..

but tell me that my "cocks" weren't accurate.

Me? from Kuantan. Now in Serdang. Student.. kinda "old student" lar...

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
SGTi shock has a different design. The ARB is connected to the shocks, unlike the normal 1.8, which is connected to the arms.

That's the different. I would like to appologize for the mistake i made above.. i mistakenly read "1.8" as "SGTi" subconciously.. haha!!

Yes, 1.6 and 1.8 shocks and springs are the same.

But Wira SE front shocks is from SGTi, spring is special.. really SE.

SE owners tried using 1.6 lowered spring but ended up got a higher ride.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
drex, with your amount your money spend on suspension, if i were u i would've gone for a set of adjustables...of course i would've saved more la.

But different ppl has different point of views, drex, time for VR4....hahahaha if not u go for 4G93T, then your car will look damn nice

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
hmmmmm ... everybuddy goin for turbo charged.... dun wori drex.... im here with u 4g15 all the way eheheehe ;)
the ecu in new wira is the worst thing that proton has ever did to the car i guess.. canot touch this cannot touch that.... dam the Rn D buggers....

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by thteh86@Mar 5 2005, 13:49
drex, with your amount your money spend on suspension, if i were u i would've gone for a set of adjustables...of course i would've saved more la.

But different ppl has different point of views, drex, time for VR4....hahahaha if not u go for 4G93T, then your car will look damn nice
RM450 for used SGTi shocks and springs, RM150 for front 4-point URD struct bar, RM150 for rear antiroll bar... lump sum RM200 for the restoration and installation = RM750

tell me where to get an adjustable set for just RM750?

VR4? haha!! The age old engine? I would rather change my car... save all the hussles..

4G93T? I am that kind of conservative person that believe that C97 chassis is not fot TC/SC engine.. At the most i will get the 4G93 dohc.

Thanks for the suggestion..

by the way... again, if you can find me an adjustable set for RM750, your dinner is on me, you choose the place.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by awsyeow@Mar 5 2005, 14:37
hmmmmm ... everybuddy goin for turbo charged.... dun wori drex.... im here with u 4g15 all the way eheheehe ;)
the ecu in new wira is the worst thing that proton has ever did to the car i guess.. canot touch this cannot touch that.... dam the Rn D buggers....
yeah.. the siemens.. Anyway, i am mre to handling that power. The siemens version is actually quite sophisticated if you know more about it, i can live with it..

no they are not bugger, they are just some conservative peoples obeying the orders.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

;) See picture below.
it helps to reduce engine "rocking" during shifting gear or gas-on-gas -off.
I did this on my car. works for me. Try it.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience