Wira 1.5, SGTi absorbers, what spring?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
SGTi shock has a different design. The ARB is connected to the shocks, unlike the normal 1.8, which is connected to the arms.

That's the different. I would like to appologize for the mistake i made above.. i mistakenly read "1.8" as "SGTi" subconciously.. haha!!

Yes, 1.6 and 1.8 shocks and springs are the same.

But Wira SE front shocks is from SGTi, spring is special.. really SE.

SE owners tried using 1.6 lowered spring but ended up got a higher ride.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
drex, with your amount your money spend on suspension, if i were u i would've gone for a set of adjustables...of course i would've saved more la.

But different ppl has different point of views, drex, time for VR4....hahahaha if not u go for 4G93T, then your car will look damn nice

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
hmmmmm ... everybuddy goin for turbo charged.... dun wori drex.... im here with u 4g15 all the way eheheehe ;)
the ecu in new wira is the worst thing that proton has ever did to the car i guess.. canot touch this cannot touch that.... dam the Rn D buggers....

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by thteh86@Mar 5 2005, 13:49
drex, with your amount your money spend on suspension, if i were u i would've gone for a set of adjustables...of course i would've saved more la.

But different ppl has different point of views, drex, time for VR4....hahahaha if not u go for 4G93T, then your car will look damn nice
RM450 for used SGTi shocks and springs, RM150 for front 4-point URD struct bar, RM150 for rear antiroll bar... lump sum RM200 for the restoration and installation = RM750

tell me where to get an adjustable set for just RM750?

VR4? haha!! The age old engine? I would rather change my car... save all the hussles..

4G93T? I am that kind of conservative person that believe that C97 chassis is not fot TC/SC engine.. At the most i will get the 4G93 dohc.

Thanks for the suggestion..

by the way... again, if you can find me an adjustable set for RM750, your dinner is on me, you choose the place.

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by awsyeow@Mar 5 2005, 14:37
hmmmmm ... everybuddy goin for turbo charged.... dun wori drex.... im here with u 4g15 all the way eheheehe ;)
the ecu in new wira is the worst thing that proton has ever did to the car i guess.. canot touch this cannot touch that.... dam the Rn D buggers....
yeah.. the siemens.. Anyway, i am mre to handling that power. The siemens version is actually quite sophisticated if you know more about it, i can live with it..

no they are not bugger, they are just some conservative peoples obeying the orders.

awsyeow

Mar 25, 2004
true oso ... R n D fellas r jus normal breadwinner for their family....... should not have blamed them... its the orders from above.... wonder who r they ..... drex .. r one of themm.... :lol:

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
Originally posted by awsyeow@Mar 6 2005, 13:57
true oso ... R n D fellas r jus normal breadwinner for their family....... should not have blamed them... its the orders from above.... wonder who r they ..... drex .. r one of themm.... :lol:
one of what? the R&D fellas or those give orders?

haha!! i am a R&D scientist but i have no relationship with Proton lar.. haha!!

sly

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
Originally posted by drexchan@Mar 4 2005, 01:23
SGTi shock has a different design. The ARB is connected to the shocks, unlike the normal 1.8, which is connected to the arms.

That's the different. I would like to appologize for the mistake i made above.. i mistakenly read "1.8" as "SGTi" subconciously.. haha!!

Yes, 1.6 and 1.8 shocks and springs are the same.

But Wira SE front shocks is from SGTi, spring is special.. really SE.

SE owners tried using 1.6 lowered spring but ended up got a higher ride.
Question bro.. SGTi absorber u installed on 1.5 Wira..so..abs mounting to change right..??

So..How u find out on the new settings??...[SGTi ori abs + Wira SE springs (front only rite?)] better......handling, comfort, looks how many fingers front and rear?

WiSE rear settings...any idea? my mechanic told that rear suspension not contribute as much as front suspension...is it true?

My front abs (monroe) is worn out (last for 2years) so, he advise me for budget.. take heavy duty springs on rear + current abs (monroe) and take 1.6 abs + 1.6 ori spring but cut 1 round.... BUT he recommend me to get KONI abs + APEXi springs for handling, comfort and looks...

BTW what is your rear suspension settings?

TQ

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
SGTi absorber u installed on 1.5 Wira..so..abs mounting to change right..??
just plug and play... i dun remember i change the mounting..

So..How u find out on the new settings??...[SGTi ori abs + Wira SE springs (front only rite?)] better......handling, comfort, looks how many fingers front and rear?
Sorry.. haven't got it done. Will definitely update here..

WiSE rear settings...any idea? my mechanic told that rear suspension not contribute as much as front suspension...is it true?
the rear are basically the same.. but some said 1.6 rear spring is slightly bigger and thus harder. I am not sure. What i know is the WiSE rear spring is from 1.6.

heavy duty springs on rear + current abs (monroe) and take 1.6 abs + 1.6 ori spring but cut 1 round.... BUT he recommend me to get KONI abs + APEXi springs for handling, comfort and looks...
please, never cut your spring. I would have already do that if it is appropriate. About the combo you mentioned, i have no comment since i am still new in this.

BTW what is your rear suspension settings?
currenyly still using the SGTi abs and springs. Will change to SGTi abd + SE spring. Well, it won't be much difference but i thin kit's goo to have it changed as i can sell the whole set SGTi spring later. BTW, any taker?

romembran

Jan 18, 2005
bro

why not you try TIEN spring..i'm using it now..it's comfortable with 1.8 absorber....cost 550 can get it from N1 shop at bandar sunway

sly

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
drexchan,

I heard that u got the WiSE springs... So, what is the feel.??? :)

drexchan

2,000 RPM
Nov 23, 2004
Bukit Jalil
drexchan.fotopic.net
OK.. FR with my new spring.

Spring height. Apparently, the SE rear spring is longer than the SGTi ones. Didn't really measure but it's about 1.5" longer. The front spring, SE's are shorter than the SGTi, which is understandable sicne the SE has got a "revised ride-height".

Now, comes to the installation, SGTi absorbers are simply 100% matched with the springs. Just plug and play.

Now, my new ride height. Previously, the front gab was about 3.25" (about 4++ fingers lar..), and the rear was about 1.4" (2 fingers). Now, with the new spring, we can expect the rear to be higher and the front to be lower. Yes, correct!

The new ride height is, front: 2" (3 fingers), rear: 2.75" (4 fingers).

A full analysis of the ride-height is show in the photos below:

Ride-height analysis

Front tyres

Rear tyre

Look: agressive! Front is lower than SE due to the smaller tyre size. But wonder why the rear is higher than SE? How heavy is the hatchback rear wind screen? Or, there's something to do with the absorber top cover? SE has a thinner cover maybe?

Ride comfort: Firm, but not as hard as SGTi spring. I guess the hard nature of the SGTi springs have resulted in the bumpy ride.

Handling: just superb! Only the front tyres let me down with the not so efficient gripping. Highway stability hasalso improved. Turning is sharp and more precise.

Braking: Fantastically, braking power was improved and the feel is just there. Wondering why the springs has to do with the brake? NO, it's because the lower ride height, which has reduced the front sink during hard braking, just a more consistence braking force can be applied to the road surface. No more jamming (not that easy lar..).

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
It's weird... most Satria GTi owners never want to go back to stock GTi suspension because the stock KYB absorbers don't last. Less than 40,000 KM or less than a year, the stock GTi absorbers from KYB goes soft.

Did u know that the rear GTi absorber cost only RM50 a piece and the front is around RM115 a piece. You can get it from SM Mechanical in Jalan Ipoh. U can't miss it.. it has a big bright yellow signboard with the word KYB.

InitialD

1,000 RPM
Aug 27, 2004
Visit site
Another thing.. the Satria GTi front right absorbers is unique only to Satria GTi because of a special braket for mounting the Satria GTi anti-roll bar.
So I wonder how any other proton model can use the Satria GTi front absorbers because you wouldn't be able to use back your stock anti-roll bar.

That's why it's not easy for a Satria GTi to get aftermarket absorbers. Even the KYB RS cannot fit the GTi but can fit the Putra.

LAWRENCE_Q

Known Member
Feb 13, 2004
JB
Visit site
Originally posted by InitialD@Apr 16 2005, 01:12
Another thing.. the Satria GTi front right absorbers is unique only to Satria GTi because of a special braket for mounting the Satria GTi anti-roll bar.
So I wonder how any other proton model can use the Satria GTi front absorbers because you wouldn't be able to use back your stock anti-roll bar.

That's why it's not easy for a Satria GTi to get aftermarket absorbers. Even the KYB RS cannot fit the GTi but can fit the Putra.
[snapback]901727[/snapback]​

coz SGTi is tuned by Lotus mah!!!! ;)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

My car was stolen last night at 10pm. please post here if you saw the car.

Car: Honda Civic EG6
No. Plate: WDU 24
Colour: Champion White with black Bonnet and White Enkei 15" RPF1.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience