Inspira any problems ????

skloda

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
hey guys planning to get inspira 2.0.. so far do any inspira owner face any problems ??? would appreciate if willing to share the problems .. thanks :driver:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

swift2510

Known Member
Aug 13, 2008
Engine-wise, it is my opinion you should not face much of an issue with it since it's the tried and tested Mitsu engine. You just need to pay more attention to the gearbox since it's a CVT. Interior fit quality is good for a local car but the inherent quality of the material used is yet to be known. Only time will tell if it ends like the interior of the Gen.2. Since it's launch I'm not sure if people are still mocking it because it's a 98% rebadge Lancer blah blah blah..

skloda

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
whats wrong with the cvt gearbox ?? i read alot of forum they said about the gearbox is easily heat up ? if im not mistaken , do correct me if wrong .. some of them said that they replace it with evo cooler something .. any1 mind ?

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
pm me if u need a good inspira salesman. my friend just bought...has a good salesman to intro.

skloda

Known Member
Aug 19, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
will do bro ..thanks alot .. but b4 i bought it , wanna know the problem 1st .. might change to city or vios ... like the swift mention above, cvt problem .. zzzz headache

Vox

Known Member
Jul 2, 2008
my friend is driving it since it is launched in the market.

so far no gearbox or engine major problems or even minor problems. no problems at all.

the only main problem for Proton Inspira now is the suspensions. There is a squeeking sound on the back of the suspensions. But it is very very minor little sound. Many owners have complain to Proton already i heard. Its just a tiny problem btw.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
the suspension problem is said to be rectified.

All owners with the problem shall have 4 pieces of rubber bushes replaced during their service.....

I am gonna do my 20k service tomorrow, will see if it does solve the morning squeeks a not.

EDSC

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.voltzers.rules.it
I face a little prob like the radio antenna signal is weak and when goin through hump around 30kmh, i can hear a scratches sound out from my suspension...i wonder wat prob is tht....it only does sometime...most the time no sounds.....[Same hump same speed]...

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
will do bro ..thanks alot .. but b4 i bought it , wanna know the problem 1st .. might change to city or vios ... like the swift mention above, cvt problem .. zzzz headache
bro,
dun worry bout the cvt as vox mentioned its fitted now with cvt cooler. and most common issue but not all owners has is the nyek' sound over bumps in the morning, had mine the 1st 2-3 mths n gone but somehow occasionally gets it and if got time im gettin mine done soon as the parts are ready.
well if u ask any owners its definitely not a normal proton model as its as much or better than lancer as u will knw tht it has many features similar to the latest 2010 lancer ( more features than the previous lancers) auto wiper,light sensor, auto head lights adjust{need to get the switch only)
if u get vios/city for tht price range,u jus buy the brand with lesser specs,space and comfort.
go test it yourself to find out and compare :P

jamesweh

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Bros, I was just wondering the Top mount noise on bumps, what is the relevance of changing the rear bushings when its the from that is making noise, I just did my 20K service and Proton change the rear bushings ny front top mounts are still noisy in the morning.
However more sinister, my gear lever has become more sticky. Could be due to the 20K service, I wonder did Proton change my gearbox oil?
Overall as DM says, Proton Inspira is a C segment car as oppose to a Vios/City in the B segment.
I could cruze all day at 180KMH in the Inspira, try this with a Vios and you are going to get a back ache. Worse still for the back passengers in the Vios, there is literally no room,
But got money, I am convince buy Conti.
I am so taken by the Polo GTI at RM130+K, you get a very very good car.

DM3

Known Member
Apr 27, 2010
PJ
james,

most owners changed the bushing and solve the noise but handful had other noise appears which sounds like 'klak' .
your case maybe you had the springs /absorbers changed?

yea polo is power rocket but too small leh, wait awhile to get the ckd Jetta and polo frm VW /DRB soon.

EDSC

Known Member
Sep 26, 2006
www.voltzers.rules.it
DM3, so it means tht the sound over bumps will be dissapear in 3monts time ?

yea, polo is a nice worthy car in the market now which comes with warranty and also opinional stage 1 tuned ecu....eventhough the topspeed is rated at 230kmh but the engine capaci is too small.... you can see the different on highway easily i think....ideal for city use.....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

On October 7, 2009, MICHELIN launched its first global advertising campaign. The new campaign’s slogan – “The right tire changes everything” – is intended to illustrate the competitive advantages of MICHELIN tires in media outlets around the world.
In response to today’s increasingly competitive business environment, MICHELIN has decided to launch an unconventional global campaign to explain to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience