Illegal street racing

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Seen any lately ?

I came back from a business trip last Sunday. The plane landed at about 2 am and when we drove out from the airport on the highway leading out of KLIA, the road was full of midnight racers. The sides were parked with plenty of modded cars. There are ppl everywhere watching and as we went by, we saw two cars drag racing past us.

Not one cop in sight despite the proximity of KLIA and this being the one and only highway in and out of the airport.

1.5 hours later we reached Ipoh and took the turnoff towards Jalan Kuala Kangsar. Jalan Kuala Kangsar was full of rempits...a whole heap of them lining both sides of the road. Bikers were zigzagging across in front of us and jumping red lights. We negotiated our way carefully through all that and prudently got off at the first turnoff towards the suburbs. Not hanging around where rempits are gathering.

Again, not one cop in sight.

JarsOfClay

Known Member
Sep 29, 2005
normal la jln kuala kangsar weeknd full of rempit:thefinger:..but didnt know abt the klia drag.hmmm sounds interesting:burnout:

joethurr

500 RPM
Sep 11, 2007
hmmm... klia drag is new to me as well... might go to check it out... but dont wanna indulge in it... "watching is supporting?"... y cant they just have it in kesas like the old days...

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
normal la jln kuala kangsar weeknd full of rempit:thefinger:..but didnt know abt the klia drag.hmmm sounds interesting:burnout:
I was hoping the cops can do something about the rempits becoz I have very little sympathy for their kind and their reputation. Given that this is a regular thing with Jln Kuala Kangsar, it is strange the cops don't do anything.

As for the KLIA night-time car racing crowd, they 'appear' to be a more socially-aligned bunch. I'm speaking generally of course, but generally, being in a position to have money to own and mod a car, you are less likely to be the kind of person that comes from a working-class riff-raff hobo background that you find with rempits. As arrogant as it sounds, I'm merely stating an observation I see all the time.

There were some nice cars in that KLIA gathering. Some of them left the gathering the same time we drove past and headed north in the N/S highyway....They were not driving fast for the trip up north, just a relaxed pace about 130 to 150 kph. I was driving within a few car lengths alongside a Satria GTi and a very nice Honda EG for most of the trip towards Ipoh.

Last edited:

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
yes
maybe sepang international circuit should open in midnight!!!!!

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Alot of rempits do hang out at the Petronas station near TESCO Ipoh Garden as well. Thats right in front of the Ipoh JPJ mind you!! Yet no cops at sight. However, I do see lotsa cops patrolling when there arent any rempits around. Hmmm, irony maybe? Either the rempits just know when to appear or the cops just know when to disappear. :P. Its quite scary when you are stopping at the Jusco lights and got surrounded by them (practically left, right front and back). You'll just hope that they werent high and thought of doing you harm at that point of time. ZZzzzzZ

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
first of all SIC must promote car racing with a more cheaper rate and also with some night races so that illegal racing can be off public roads (or at least minimise illegal drags at midnights). think about batu tiga...

nowdays SIC is too publicise about HPC and all those hoo haa's with big big supercars and exotics, no doubt SIC is to earn money (who doesnt anyway), but have they forget about the root of racing in malaysia?

not everyone (including me) can go in HPC or some sunday track days every month with rm 200 (that is not including petrol and toll) plus some other misc u have to do to ur engine and car, now think!!! are SIC being equal to all budget petrol heads in the country??

SIC...if u are reading or anyone affiliated to SIC, pls think about it in depth.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Next time just dial the police line and report only, be it rempits or illegal street racers.

Get a track, get a track! :rolleyes:

spyderslr

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2004
Which brings me to the proposed small track at Bukit Jalil. Wasnt that supposed to be completed by Aug this year (which was 2 months back)? What happened to it?

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Personally, I think this is first and foremost a law enforcement issue (or rather a lack of it).

Although it is tempting to suggest that the problem will be noticeably reduced by merely making SIC more accessible, realisitically SIC is just one very small cog in a very large wheel. It is not enough even if you open it readily to the public.

You can build more venues but no one said anything about how many is enough and there is the question of justifying the additional expense of entertainment (motorsport) venues against the more pressing needs of the nation.

The sad fact is the rempit problem is endemic because cops are simply not doing their jobs.

evoX2

1,000 RPM
May 11, 2005
KCH
I totally agree with fstrader. Like in my place there isn't have any a single track, so where do the authority expect us to race? For those who are considerate will race in private industry area, if not then on public road. We have the largest land in Malaysia and this proposal had been brought to the government but till now never have any news. Like this case, whom should be blame, the racer or the government? But thanks god there is no rempit here :thefinger:

ham_m2

500 RPM
Feb 9, 2007
Klang/KL
www.friendster.com
hmmm... klia drag is new to me as well... might go to check it out... but dont wanna indulge in it... "watching is supporting?"... y cant they just have it in kesas like the old days...
kesas always kena kacau...nowadays,they dont dare play at kesas...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh
Hmm..jalan kuala kangsar full of rempits sometimes during weekends... Once there was around 100 of them gathering at both side of road and i dont know what they want to do. All look at each other face as if no idea what the gathering for...

Nobody
Helmet Clan
Dec 21, 2005
they r waiting for a truck to send them to hell

LANE

Known Member
May 20, 2005
Cheras
they look on their face to see .. who have are big ball ...

rex79gt

500 RPM
Jan 9, 2008
Ngiao City
u mean they act like brian looking at the chick in the evo7 from 2F2F?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The new 2017 Honda NSX has made its world debut for quite some time, and now there's great news.

Production has just begun on the first all-new NSX, to be delivered to its first customer.

The car showcases the best Honda could offer in both performance and technology. At a glance this new NSX is IMMENSE. It gets AWD ability, 3 electric motors, a compact 3.5-litre V6, twin turbocharged, capable of 573hp and 646 Nm of torque.

This new NSX is no longer the pure NA supercar-chaser. it is...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience