how to test drive the 2nd Airtrek Turbo?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Search

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
biao, sticking to seat during acceleration is more know as G-force. The more torque your car produce, the greater the g-force. :) So maybe the car you tested is not in good condition.

Decat = remove catalytic converter

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
crank up to 1.2 bar boost n u will feel ur back stick to the seat.. n u cant even touch the dashboard when crank up to 1.5 bar..
wow..syiok...but need crank up to 1.2bar, so need mod lot parts? or only use the manual boost controler boost up?

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

biao, sticking to seat during acceleration is more know as G-force. The more torque your car produce, the greater the g-force. :) So maybe the car you tested is not in good condition.

Decat = remove catalytic converter
so this engine 'enough time' already?
Decat = remove catalytic converter(is the exhaust middle box?)

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
bro biao, if you want to crank up the boost above 1 bar, best is to accompany it with other supportive mods. The one I recomend just to reach 1 bar safely.

If you wish to run 1.3 bar, then you need full exhaust upgraded, fuel regulator, intercooler etc etc. WIth retuning, if your car engine is in good health, you have no problems getting 220whp.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
haha.. one more member poisoned.. crank up to 1.2 bar needs fuel regulator, boost controller, aftermarket blow off and re-flash ecu or piggyback ecu (for better ecu mapping thus maintain good FC)

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
bro biao, if you want to crank up the boost above 1 bar, best is to accompany it with other supportive mods. The one I recomend just to reach 1 bar safely.

If you wish to run 1.3 bar, then you need full exhaust upgraded, fuel regulator, intercooler etc etc. WIth retuning, if your car engine is in good health, you have no problems getting 220whp.
oic..u means just now recomend idea just can reach max 1 bar only.
so no need do any retuning or reflash ecu?
ok, if i want more bar, i also need slow mod cause after buy the car will wallet become thin. haha:proud:

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

haha.. one more member poisoned.. crank up to 1.2 bar needs fuel regulator, boost controller, aftermarket blow off and re-flash ecu or piggyback ecu (for better ecu mapping thus maintain good FC)
lot of thing to upgrade.. need slowly

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

catalytic converter, first exhaust box after turbo.
oic. understand.
but sorry to ask that, the catalytic converter is for what function?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
My recomendation of 1 bar DOES NOT NEED REFLASHING. :)

It's mother nature's law. the more power you want, the more you need to pay. The more fuel you spend...

You can try googling the explanation of what is the use of cat-con.

4gbanger

1,500 RPM
Jun 26, 2013
Johor/ShahAlam
step by step la bro.. its not like were driving this car for only 3 month.. but the most important, maintainance comes first..

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Correct... my recomendation is that when you get a used car, make sure you perform all the basic required maintenance. Full oil change (will set you back around RM500-600), timing belt change, checks etc.

When car is running healthy, only you start to increase the boost.... remember the word here is healthy.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
My recomendation of 1 bar DOES NOT NEED REFLASHING. :)

It's mother nature's law. the more power you want, the more you need to pay. The more fuel you spend...

You can try googling the explanation of what is the use of cat-con.
ok:shakehands:

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Correct... my recomendation is that when you get a used car, make sure you perform all the basic required maintenance. Full oil change (will set you back around RM500-600), timing belt change, checks etc.

When car is running healthy, only you start to increase the boost.... remember the word here is healthy.
means need change all the oil n plug , timing to keep well maintainance 1st.
so need drive awhile keep run in healthy just can boost up, right?

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

step by step la bro.. its not like were driving this car for only 3 month.. but the most important, maintainance comes first..
ya, maintainance i sure will do.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

YES correct :)

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh

[/COLOR]

YES correct :)

ok:proud:

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

may i ask the original headlamp is glass or plastic?
i know the frog lamp is glass.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
tonight i can test my friend virgin airtrek turbo, to feel it what different on the airtrek i test on pg.

biao

Known Member
Oct 21, 2012
perak / ipoh
KL/Selangor got many airtrek. u got to come here la to test one.. stutz one very fast..
haha..ok. next time have to come down.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

have a airtrek owner told me , he just change the new turbo recently cost RM8k.
the new turbo is it that expensive? so now he want sell high price.
the car all stock. milleague look like very high 10yrs car already 200K/km. he still say he seldom use, cos is third car.
so any commend mate? the turbo is it will spoil after few years ago need to change?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
What's the new turbo spec? If it's original like TD04, he's lying to u.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

My car not fast lo. A lot of monsters around. Mine slow potatoe. Hehehehe.

A Post Every 5 Mins

NAm considering switching to these 2 cars, sick & tired of searching high & low to mod my current ride. Also bcoz of unforeseen work requirement, would definitely need to swap my ride for something more elegant & presentable.

Have read about both the cars mentioned but I'm still confused & really appreciate some advice here on the followings:

Audi A4 B7
1. Transmission - is it true that the S-Line Quattro version comes with 6 speed while other versions comes with 7...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Search

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience