Toyota's World's Biggest Playstation

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Toyota has build the world's largest driving simulator located at Toyota’s Higashifuji Technical Centre in Japan. This driving simulator puts a real vehicle inside a virtual-reality dome which serves as a giant 360-degree video screen.

As virtual driving begins, the dome, which sits upon an elevated platform, tilts and vibrates while the platform glides across an area of four tennis courts. As a result, the driving simulator provides realistic driving sensations like a sense of speed, deceleration and turns and other driving maneuvers.

The purpose of such a simulator is to provides one of the world’s most-realistic simulated driving environments, allowing driving habits and reactions to be accurately gauged. “It will mainly be used to analyze driving characteristics under such conditions as falling asleep at the wheel and drowsiness, glancing from side to side and not checking that the road is safe, fatigue or illness, as well as developing active safety technology for effectively reducing the number of accidents.”

Source:
Toyota Engineers Build World's Biggest Playstation

LANE

Known Member
May 20, 2005
Cheras
hoho , its time to test our skill over the limit without any damage .

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, i dunno which forum to ask this buy i think i'll ask it under "forced induction...

here goes the question.
from what i gather, there are 3types of forced inducted VR4 engines rite,
the VR4 220 hp
the VR4 220 hp and
the VR4 RS 240 hp edition rite?

i would like to know, what are the differance between the 3 engines other than the horsepower rating and the ECU type. What other noticible differance, any physical differance?

how do i tell the differance between the 200...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience