how to test drive the 2nd Airtrek Turbo?

which 1 is stock muffer?

Attachments

• 1776811476.jpg
    1776811476.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 177
  • s4-8820-IMG_4117edited.jpg
    s4-8820-IMG_4117edited.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 135
What's the new turbo spec? If it's original like TD04, he's lying to u.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

My car not fast lo. A lot of monsters around. Mine slow potatoe. Hehehehe.

i do not know the spec. he just told change same original. i haven view the car. now the car at shah alam. u see the photo.

Attachments

• s4-4305-IMG_4141edited.jpg
    s4-4305-IMG_4141edited.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 275
  • s4-5544-IMG_4146edited.jpg
    s4-5544-IMG_4146edited.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 189
  • s4-6737-IMG_4145edited.jpg
    s4-6737-IMG_4145edited.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 231
which 1 is stock muffer?

black trek has stock muffler.. but silver maybe stock with the tip changed.. but need to check the box

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

i do not know the spec. he just told change same original. i haven view the car. now the car at shah alam. u see the photo.

looks stock.. but this guy already change the extractor to stainless steel. might be custom, might be aftermarket.. the stock one can crack, thats why some guys change..

FYI, stock turbo esspecially mitsubishi turbine is very2 tough.. their turbine is well known for endurance.. mine is still ok but yet 180k+ mileage.. if the owner change to tdo5 from evo4 above, then it is acceptable..

black trek has stock muffler.. but silver maybe stock with the tip changed.. but need to check the box

---------- Post added at 04:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

looks stock.. but this guy already change the extractor to stainless steel. might be custom, might be aftermarket.. the stock one can crack, thats why some guys change..

FYI, stock turbo esspecially mitsubishi turbine is very2 tough.. their turbine is well known for endurance.. mine is still ok but yet 180k+ mileage.. if the owner change to tdo5 from evo4 above, then it is acceptable..

oic...i have read the thread u all post, if change td05 is consider big turbo, right? so might change with the intercooler, and the cooling system. if not the engine will over heat, is it correct?

its actually wrong bro. its not to say engine overheat. it is just to be better n more efficient boost to have front mount intercooler. tdo5hra from evo4 n above is not to consider big turbo. it is just slightly bigger. u can say big turbo like gt3037 or t04e or AR70 etc.. all these are aftermarket turbos n some of it not suitable for street.

Last edited:
its actually wrong bro. its not to say engine overheat. it is just to be better n more efficient boost to have front mount intercooler. tdo5hra from evo4 n above is not to consider big turbo. it is just slightly bigger. u can say big turbo like gt3034 or t04e or AR70 etc.. all these are aftermarket turbos n some of it not suitable for street.

u means even the guy change is td05 will not have any problem with out front mount intercooler and cooling system, is it correct? sorry, cos 1st time face on turbo engine, not so many knowledge on that.

yes... but changing from top mount to front mount intercooler has alot of difference in terms of power n response.. power will be better n response of pulling during hot day or traffic jam is better also..

Lookin at the pic, manifold is changed. Outlet of turbo is not stock Airtrek cos the direction of intercooler pipe is different. Need to see the engine closely from turbo view to confirm if it's 04 or 05.

yes... but changing from top mount to front mount intercooler has alot of difference in terms of power n response.. power will be better n response of pulling during hot day or traffic jam is better also..

oic...even is tdo4 also can change front mount intercooler,right.

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Lookin at the pic, manifold is changed. Outlet of turbo is not stock Airtrek cos the direction of intercooler pipe is different. Need to see the engine closely from turbo view to confirm if it's 04 or 05.

ya, manifold have change already. how to see which is td04 or td05?

TD05 is noticibly much bigger than TD04. And for TD05 from Evo, the intercooler piping outlet faces horizontally where else TD04 from Airtrek faces upwards. This is because the stock Airtrek setup uses top mounted intercooler.

22756640036_large.jpg

TD05 is noticibly much bigger than TD04. And for TD05 from Evo, the intercooler piping outlet faces horizontally where else TD04 from Airtrek faces upwards. This is because the stock Airtrek setup uses top mounted intercooler.

22756640036_large.jpg

tq ur picture. but may i know got what different function on this 2 type turbo?only size bigger?

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

last night just test my friend stock airtrek turbo. driving quite smooth, maybe he keep well maintainance. smooth than i test on pg that 1.

I am not much into technical detail of the turbine design. Maybe others here may explain more. For me, it's the sizing and also design of the canal to channel smoother airflow and of cos, more airflow to improve greater power delivery.

Bear in mind, no doubt bigger turbo can boost greater power, it also means that you'll be loosing your response. Low rev airflow to push the turbine to max boost will take longer, hence bigger turbo = greater turbo lag. Coupe that if you have an automatic car, you can't rev to take off, making it worse.

I've seen quite a few trekkers reverting back to 04 cos they cannot stand the lag of 05.

Last edited:
I am not much into technical detail of the turbine design. Maybe others here may explain more. For me, it's the sizing and also design of the canal to channel smoother airflow and of cos, more airflow to improve greater power delivery.

Bear in mind, no doubt bigger turbo can boost greater power, it also means that you'll be loosing your response. Low rev airflow to push the turbine to max boost will take longer, hence bigger turbo = greater turbo lag. Coupe that if you have an automatic car, you can't rev to take off, making it worse.

I've seen quite a few trekkers reverting back to 04 cos they cannot stand the lag of 05.

means td04 is more suitable for us use, right? so u also still using td04?

Depends on personal preference. I can tolerate the turbo lag and after tuning, the power is much stronger compared to 04. So if you're really looking for power and torque, 05 is the one to go. If you look for daily drivability especially on traffic jam, stay with 04. That's all I can say.

I ain't gonna go back to 04 for sure. Hahaha..

Depends on personal preference. I can tolerate the turbo lag and after tuning, the power is much stronger compared to 04. So if you're really looking for power and torque, 05 is the one to go. If you look for daily drivability especially on traffic jam, stay with 04. That's all I can say.

I ain't gonna go back to 04 for sure. Hahaha..

ic...u want more power d. hahaha
i look for daily use, if traffic jam will more heat right.

if u concern FC and response, stick with the TD04.. if u want ur car fast like stutz, go for TD05.. u cant even touch the dash during take-off u know..

ic...u want more power d. hahaha
i look for daily use, if traffic jam will more heat right.

Bro, please do not misunderstand that using bigger turbo will heat up during traffic jam. Just make sure your cooling system is in good condition. Honestly, I am still using standard cooling system and drive in KL traffic.

But it is true that with bigger turbo, when you race your engine, it will generate more heat than a smaller turbo. For normal driving, it is FINE.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

if u concern FC and response, stick with the TD04.. if u want ur car fast like stutz, go for TD05.. u cant even touch the dash during take-off u know..

No la bro, my car not really that fast... but then after using the aftermarket downpipe now, I am smiling from ear to ear every time I take off. hehe....

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom