how to make toyota hilux 2009 rear stabil ??

hello86

Known Member
Jan 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
may i know how to make hilux 2009 year diesel rear more stabil ???
when i new car till now very jump n goyang .....

Felix Chu

From Facebook
Aug 27, 2010
www.facebook.com
Hello86,

There are several ways to do this, please find the list as below. I ve tried all 3 modes, all 3 modes will improve the rear ride:

1. Change the rear OEM absorber, brands like rancho, old man emu or bilstein(other brands i m not sure). I m using rancho 9000SL(8 steps soft hard)
2. Replace the rear shackle with a double shackle(tried n tested, this will loosen up much of the tension on rear leaf spring)
3. Replace the rear leaf spring with aftermarket brand - this quite an expensive mod, leaf spring costing of around rm1.8k, your leave this as your last option. I ve opted for for Kings spring, comfort spec - this lower down the carrying load of your hilux(little bit of compromise)

Hope this help

bladerunner

500 RPM
Nov 8, 2006
i think you bought the wrong car since you said you've been experiencing this since you picked up the keys... the ride characteristics is natural for a pick-up.

just as one would think that the consumers are nowadays more mature and know what they're are buying, i guess there are still a few that come out from a rock to buy a car they don't understand and/or don't fit their requirements...

another suggestion is to buy another car...

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
navara lo.....

but overall hilux is ok la...im riding from kedah to kl to genting also very good.

im just upgraded sport rims only...but my behind didnt carry any passengers la...

hello86

Known Member
Jan 15, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
navara more powerfull
but when navara repair .... jalat liao lo ...
donknow if only change absorber can anot ....
when the car jalan got bump d tempat .... rear jump jump n jump ....
corner is ok ....

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
those commonrail engines seldom got problems..

only fuel pump n injectors may gv u problems...so pls take care of them....use commonrail fuel cleaner once awhile to protect/clean them.

those injectors are few k each.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I wonder if its possible to convert the Satria Neo to 4WD. I know lots of modification and customisation is required. But I know the its possible on the older Satria GTi. Just wonder if the Neo can do the same (at least the S2000 rally one is a 4WD).

I am just thinking an old Evo Engine and 4WD gearbox + diff will turn the neo into a real monster. Better than current FWD.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience